Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

aFe Momentum GT CAI

Reactions
Here it is guys, here is the production version of aFe's Momentum GT CAI. They completed the intake instructions and everything thing is moving forward. The production version is absolutely beautiful and so much cleaner than the 3D printed prototype. If any of you have any questions, please feel free to ask away and I'll answer the best I can. After having the prototype and then going back to the stock airbox, I totally can feel a difference. It definitely feels much more responsive.
20211215_140839.jpg 20211215_140852.jpg 20211215_140903.jpg 20211215_140913.jpg

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Definitely a beautiful intake !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Gnarly. Can you get a pic on the driver side where the AFE tube passes the oem cold side pipe to the TB? A lot of us are cautious if there will be clearance issues with another aftermarket tube we run.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Gnarly. Can you get a pic on the driver side where the AFE tube passes the oem cold side pipe to the TB? A lot of us are cautious if there will be clearance issues with another aftermarket tube we run.
I also hate the fact that we have to drill a hole In this thing for our catch can

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
If it's cool, I'll grab that for you tomorrow. The designer and I spoke about that spot today and he pointed out that he designed it with a good amount of room for upgraded tubes. If things go as planned, aFe is talking about possibly doing their own intercooler and also new charge pipes too.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I also hate the fact that we have to drill a hole In this thing for our catch can

Wait..... what? I don't know which catch can you're referring to, but I'm running the JLT and there are no holes drilled for it. I'm really not sure what you're referring to.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Wait..... what? I don't know which catch can you're referring to, but I'm running the JLT and there are no holes drilled for it. I'm really not sure what you're referring to.
UPR catch can. No biggie

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions

I moved my UPR can back to the strut tower so my hoses kinda run on the back side now…I’ll find a spot to hide that connection out of sight.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
I moved my UPR can back to the strut tower so my hoses kinda run on the back side now…I’ll find a spot to hide that connection out of sight.
Ahhhhhhhhhh. I see what you're talking about now. Thank you so much for clarifying that for me.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I may do the same at one point. The fitting worked itself out of the grommet not to long ago on ours. I probably need a little more slack on the lines so it’s not pulling.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Is it me or is the momentum GT logo a little cock-eyed?

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Is it me or is the momentum GT logo a little cock-eyed?

I want to say they do it like that on purpose and I believe it's like that on all of their intakes.

F=MA

Reactions
Folks want to know what the intake noise sounds like. Louder than stock, etc? I have never had one of these before but I have one on pre-order.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
I will see if I can get a video tomorrow as well. That being said, it's a very quiet system because it's an enclosed system. The problem they said was that our engine bays get extremely hot and it didn't make sense to keep it open to suck in the hot air around the intake.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
Let me know if these work for ya. It's kind of an awkward spot to get the phone in there at a good angle. If you want more or others, please let me know.

20211216_082403.jpg 20211216_082105.jpg 20211216_082135.jpg 20211216_082152.jpg 20211216_082159.jpg

Reactions
This peaks my interest.. do we know rough price point yet?

Reactions
Reactions