Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

22” Wheels??

RJ34

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer
I think I have made up my mind if it will work. 22x10.5 +30 with 305/40 R22. Stock ride height. If i want to do Steeda's with the next set of tires i will do 305/35's. Hopefully the 305/40 set up won't rub. Also did you change lugs for 1/4 spacers on the rear?

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
what are some good recomendations of where to get a good deal on 22x10x5 +30 wheel/tire combos? or just find a local store?

I don't mind going to 22s - just want the whole setup lighter than OEM, and don't really want to spend more than $4k for a complete setup
a lot of online stores sell 22s but they're like 50+ lbs each LOL I don't want boulders on each corner LOL

RJ34

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer
I try to find the best deal online i can find than take it to discount tire and they will match it. That is what I did on my Ram truck and it saved me about 1200.00 on Fuel wheels and Toyo at3's. I am a homebuilder so that replacment warranty is a must for me

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
I try to find the best deal online i can find than take it to discount tire and they will match it. That is what I did on my Ram truck and it saved me about 1200.00 on Fuel wheels and Toyo at3's. I am a homebuilder so that replacment warranty is a must for me
have you seen the 22x10.5s at Discount/Americas tire, they only offer 25 and 42 offsets, plus the look is um... https://www.americastire.com/fitmentresult/wheels/searchBySize?diameter=22&width=10.5&boltPattern=5-114.3 mm/5-4.5"

RJ34

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer
I glanced at thier website. They can get way more Brands and styles than they have listed. I just went in there told them what i wanted and they ordered it for me. They have already quoted me for wheels and tires for my explorer based on a set up i found on Custom Wheel Offsets site. For my Ram I built the package on Rimzonline and they matched the price.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
what are some good recomendations of where to get a good deal on 22x10x5 +30 wheel/tire combos? or just find a local store?

I don't mind going to 22s - just want the whole setup lighter than OEM, and don't really want to spend more than $4k for a complete setup
a lot of online stores sell 22s but they're like 50+ lbs each LOL I don't want boulders on each corner LOL
the OEM 21" are heavy but not obscenely so. The only way you drop weight at each corner going to 22" will be if you go forged or hybrid forged. If we assume tires are going to run you $300ea. then that leaves you with a $700/wheel budget for wheels assuming a) your cap was $4k and b) we don't consider mounting/balancing/sensors in the equation. Any cheap-ish cast aluminum wheel in the less than $500 range is going to be real heavy.

Your best bet is to try and get your hands on a set of Vossen HF wheels. They will be the lightest you find for your budget. It may push your budget a little bit but you can try to price match tires as mentioned above.

Reactions

I bought my Velgens VF9's directly from them for $600/wheel shipped and they were on my door step 3 days after I paid. It actually took quite a bit longer to get the tires in 305/35/22 because I went with Michelin's and this was a year ago when tires were generally speaking really hard to come by. The VF9's are part of their lightweight series and yes you obviously can get lighter with something like the Vossens(which I was going to get but the design I wanted wasn't going to be in production for 4 more months) but I do think they ended up being $100-200 more per wheel at the time so it comes down to what is it worth for you. The stance you get and the sexy rear with a set of 22's wrapped in 305's is absolutely worth the upgrade.

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Your best bet is to try and get your hands on a set of Vossen HF wheels. They will be the lightest you find for your budget. It may push your budget a little bit but you can try to price match tires as mentioned above.
interesting, looking at the Vossen Site, I don't' see any HF wheels that are 22x10.5 +30 with a 5x114.3 (4.5) holeset
do you have to order custom?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray

Check this website, they have lots of options and great service: https://audiocityusa.com/

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
yeah for $949 each! LOL
If you want lighter than stock it costs money. If you just want to change the look…there’s plenty of heavy cast wheels out there that’ll do the trick.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Lightweight forged wheels are not cheap.

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Try BC Forged, they cost even more.

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
And they’re on the cheap end of forged wheels. Great wheels though.
Ooh what are the pricey ones? HRE? Lightspeed?

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
interesting, looking at the Vossen Site, I don't' see any HF wheels that are 22x10.5 +30 with a 5x114.3 (4.5) holeset
do you have to order custom?
I have some Vossen wheels and you can order them at the size you want if th HF series. I have a set of HF-7's with no complaints.

Discount Tire can order just about any wheels you like, just ask them. The best part is that you can finance the portion you don't pay up front for 0% interest.