Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

22” Wheels??

F=MA

Reactions
And then he drowns:ROFLMAO:

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
safest 22 size as to not incur curb rash? e.g. more tire than rim is exposed

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Nothing but “pro’s”
Wider stance, more rubber on the road and 60ish lbs lighter than stock. There’s no downside….virtually everything was improved. Mine are BC Forged EH181
22x10.5 +30 offset.
it’s now on 315/35/22’s.
assuming that's 60lbs across all 4 tires/wheels - not per corner, right?

what's a bundle like that cost? that's the only downside is having enough wallet :)

l1tech

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST

what's a bundle like that cost? that's the only downside is having enough wallet :)
I'm guessing about $7k for wheels and tires installed.

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

My Vossen HF-7's and Pilot SS tires came in right about $7k. @l1tech is pretty much spot on.

Weight reduction of ~12 lbs per corner, I think? I did weight them but forgot.

Last edited:
Reactions

Looked at both BC Forged and Vossen. Ended up going with Velgen 22x10.5 that ran $600 a wheel and then the Pilot SS ran another $650 a corner. Also correct on the weight saving's being about 15lbs a wheel/tire.

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Looked at both BC Forged and Vossen. Ended up going with Velgen 22x10.5 that ran $600 a wheel and then the Pilot SS ran another $650 a corner. Also correct on the weight saving's being about 15lbs a wheel/tire.
is that wheel and tire weight savings? there's a huge difference in tire weights at this size...

Reactions
is that wheel and tire weight savings? there's a huge difference in tire weights at this size...
Yes it's the combo of the two. The factory wheel is quite heavy so going to a lighter wheel is what's cutting the biggest portion of the weight.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
If you want really light wheels look up Litespeed racing they make forged magnesium and carbon fiber. they also use a carbon fiber hoop from Dymag and stick a magnesium center.
few other company's that do the carbon fiber hoop with alumnium centers( AG - Vossen - Fordgeline ect) but litespeed is the only one I know of that does magnesium. I had a set from AG and the build quality was amazing attention to detail is insane. or if your a baller just go full carbon fiber dymag. Dymags are on all the million dollar race cars but these (AG - vossen ect) company's are just buying the hoops from Dymag and adding their style centers for some cool stuff.
only way to save weight on the tire is go smaller. probably 19s. IMO these STs need 23s but thats another topic. lol

F=MA

Reactions
Just pulled this set of BC Forged EH309 wheels off my ST for the sake of change. Size 10.5x22 +30 gloss black. Lightweight. I needed to change the tires so I changed the wheels also. There should be zero marks on the wheels and the wheels have never even been washed or dried by hand. Balanced once only on the inside with gloss black weights. I have them sitting in wheel boxes and planned on cleaning them up prior to offering them for sale. Great wheels for showing off aftermarket brakes.

IMG_6140.JPG

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Just pulled this set of BC Forged EH309 wheels off my ST for the sake of change. Size 10.5x22 +30 gloss black. Lightweight. I needed to change the tires so I changed the wheels also. There should be zero marks on the wheels and the wheels have never even been washed or dried by hand. Balanced once only on the inside with gloss black weights. I have them sitting in wheel boxes and planned on cleaning them up prior to offering them for sale. Great wheels for showing off aftermarket brakes.

View attachment 16662
How much are you trying to sell for?

F=MA

Reactions
https://bcforged-na.com/monoblock/

They are $4500 new shipped. Each cut from a single cube of high strength aluminum. Custom made and takes 6 weeks.

Looking for $3500 plus shipping. I will toss in the Gorilla Wheel Locks, new red center caps and older black center caps that have small hole in cap face used to remove the cap. Would be shipped in the wheel boxes I recently received so would be packaged well. Pickup is another option.

I believe these wheels look best with a 305/35/22 tire. Lionhart has them available cheap.

IMG_6146.JPG
IMG_6604 (1).jpg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m on day 2 with the Lionharts and I gotta say I’m not disappointed. They balanced incredibly well. I ran it up to 130 today and the cruised at 110 for about 3-4 miles and it’s as smooth as it’s ever been.
That said…if the Pirelli Scorpion Zeros existed anywhere I called that’s what would be on it. They’re backordered everywhere apparently.

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I’m on day 2 with the Lionharts and I gotta say I’m not disappointed. They balanced incredibly well. I ran it up to 130 today and the cruised at 110 for about 3-4 miles and it’s as smooth as it’s ever been.
That said…if the Pirelli Scorpion Zeros existed anywhere I called that’s what would be on it. They’re backordered everywhere apparently.
Did you get the LH-TEN, 305/40?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
https://bcforged-na.com/monoblock/

They are $4500 new shipped. Each cut from a single cube of high strength aluminum. Custom made and takes 6 weeks.

Looking for $3500 plus shipping. I will toss in the Gorilla Wheel Locks, new red center caps and older black center caps that have small hole in cap face used to remove the cap. Would be shipped in the wheel boxes I recently received so would be packaged well. Pickup is another option.

I believe these wheels look best with a 305/35/22 tire. Lionhart has them available cheap.

View attachment 16671
View attachment 16672
Red and black is such a good color combo - makes me question myself for ordering a blue ST... Needed a change!

2.jpg