Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

22” Wheels??

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Well they wont work perfectly but wont they work?
If you like lug centric wheels then sure. I prefer hub centric with no added rings.
Proper wheel fitment has been covered here and on FB so many times I’m just not inclined to keep repeating the same things for the umpteenth time. All the info is a short search away.

1slow20

Reactions
Vehicle
I love these wheels but can only find them in +40mm. How would they fit?

Attachments

1slow20

Reactions
Vehicle
I’m sorry, I am new here and don’t know proper etiquette I guess. But thanks for your time!

Jenkins330

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Love our 22’s. Went 22 when I found out the aviator runs them. The wider wheel makes the stance much better I think too.
What wheels did you go with?

Sunnate22

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer St
If you don't plan on lowering it (I don't), is there any reason to stay at the 30.7" max diameter? I was actually thinking about going with 21"x10.5" with 315/40 rubber, which would be about 30.9". I know 22"x10.5" with 305/35 is the popular choice, but I actually want a little more rubber on there for a little bit softer ride, but also since I don't plan on lowering it "fits" better than the 22" option (at only 30.4" tall, there is a bit more gap between the tire and fender).
What’s the offset?

Ormsby11

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
22x10.5 +32 offset. Tires are P-zero 305/40. Not lowered, yet. No rub and as you can see the best wheel on this forum.
Pretty badass! I’m getting the same size as well here soon. I plan on lowering it as well, but I’m not sure if that will work on this size of tire. What are your thoughts on your setup with steeda lowering springs?

Reactions
Pretty badass! I’m getting the same size as well here soon. I plan on lowering it as well, but I’m not sure if that will work on this size of tire. What are your thoughts on your setup with steeda lowering springs?
Im on 22x10.5 +32 with the Toyo Proxe 305/40.

I am lowered on Steedas and in reverse and turning, I do rub the front wheel wells.

Maybe once when I hit a nice bump at higher speeds i possibly heard it rub somewhere as well but otherwise no issues.

Reactions
Vehicle
Lincoln Aviator
Anyone know if fitment is the same on the Aviator vs Explorer ST?

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Anyone know if fitment is the same on the Aviator vs Explorer ST?
Welcome to the forum.

Fitment looks to be the same, see below. Do some measurements or talk to a wheel manufacture to make sure.

1712059151957.png

Last edited:

Explorer ST Posts