Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

22” Wheels??

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
what are some good recomendations of where to get a good deal on 22x10x5 +30 wheel/tire combos? or just find a local store?

I don't mind going to 22s - just want the whole setup lighter than OEM, and don't really want to spend more than $4k for a complete setup
a lot of online stores sell 22s but they're like 50+ lbs each LOL I don't want boulders on each corner LOL
Text me when your free I will hook you up with my wheel guy of 20 years.I will also give you real world advise you will not notice the lighter wheels one bit. I had carbon fiber on another car and I wont lie it was mostly for looks but you couldn't tell 1 bit.
Anyways my wheel guy is in San Jose but worth the drive IMO. He always saves me money and hes already set up 50 STs so he knows exactly what fits and can show you on a ST the different wheels. plus there is always 2-3 crazy lambos there to look at lol.
California Wheels is the name (near Los Gatos) but I send you to the owner. We grew up in the hood together in East San Jose.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I have some Vossen wheels and you can order them at the size you want if th HF series. I have a set of HF-7's with no complaints.

Discount Tire can order just about any wheels you like, just ask them. The best part is that you can finance the portion you don't pay up front for 0% interest.
one of the best choices I have seen so far. yes this is just my opinion.

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I apologize if this is a stupid question but back in the day on my fox body I put wider tires on the rear. Is there any reason I can't put a wider tire on the rear? Obviously I don't care about rotating them to the front....

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
As long as both front and rear have the same outside diameter. Unless you have a 2wd ST them don't worry.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Professor @UNBROKEN question. Would a 22x10 with +35 offset with 305/40R22 rub at all? If so, would 295/35R22 rub with the +35 offset? I know +30 is the best setup, but I like the rims too much and they don't offer them in +35.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Professor @UNBROKEN question. Would a 22x10 with +35 offset with 305/40R22 rub at all? If so, would 295/35R22 rub with the +35 offset? I know +30 is the best setup, but I like the rims too much and they don't offer them in +35.
With the variation in actual width of various tires and the 305/40 fit being so close…I can’t answer. Most don’t…some do. The ones that do is just a light rub up front when turning.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
With the variation in actual width of various tires and the 305/40 fit being so close…I can’t answer. Most don’t…some do. The ones that do is just a light rub up front when turning.
So would Yokohoma Parada Spec-X rub? Even if they did, how slight would it be?

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
So would Yokohoma Parada Spec-X rub? Even if they did, how slight would it be?
I would venture a guess that if you went with the +35 it would be minimal to no rubbing. You’d likely never even notice it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Dang, just saw that these wheels use a 72.56 MM Hub bore. Would using a hub-centric rings be a bad thing to use?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Dang, just saw that these wheels use a 72.56 MM Hub bore. Would using a hub-centric rings be a bad thing to use?
Actually it is recommended. Using a correctly sized hub ring would place the load on the hub bearings where they should be, where as a wheel with a too big of a hub bore puts all the load on the wheel studs.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Idk its .08 difference i make forged wheels for a living our tolerance is .005 on our bores for the hubs pretty sure they can make it to that size if u message them it literally takes like 30 seconds to cut a hub bore or custom bolt pattern so they shouldn’t charge much if any

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I would venture a guess that if you went with the +35 it would be minimal to no rubbing. You’d likely never even notice it.
Forgkt to ask, would it be minimal to no rubbing even with lowering springs H&R or Lethals?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
lowering springs don't affect the troublesome rub spot. its the rear fender liner.

Sunnate22

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer St
Hi there. I’ve got a question if anyone done something stupid. Im running 275/40/22x9.5 37 offset. Wonder what is the widest tire size I can go? Thank you

Sunnate22

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer St
Hi there. I’ve got a question if anyone done something stupid. Im running 275/40/22x9.5 37 offset. Wonder what is the widest tire size I can go? Thank you
I was surfing around the internet and seen several forums saying 305 works fine

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Most big chain shops won’t put a 305 on anything less than a 10” wheel. A 295 is a better fit on a 9.5.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Start with picking a wheel width...then you can figure offset from there for how you want the wheel to fit the car...further in or out. For OD stay at 30.7” max.
I run a 30.4” tall 305/35 on a 22x10.5 at +30 offset. This is as far as you can push a wheel out and be flush with the fender...and it’s IMHO the perfect fit for these especially with a drop. View attachment 3977
beautiful!

Sunnate22

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer St
Hi. So I found Rohana Rfx 10 19x9.5 5x114.3 and the offset is 38, The center bore is 73.10. Would these rims fit perfectly?