Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2022 Driveline Vibration 37-42MPH

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Ford Explorer Platinum Hybrid
I am having the same problem, so far they have replaced a driveshaft once and replaced the transfer case twice, I have gone to a different dealer for service and they ran a vibration test that said my vibration was coming from between the transfer case and the driveshaft. A hotline case was opened and the hotline is telling them that mine is normal, so I was saying there are multiple vibrations going on. I have an appointment on Tuesday to get a 3rd Ford garage to look at it before I decide to start a buyback. I have already opened a case to Ford about it, and talked to the dealer where I bought the vehicle and they say it meets all the criteria for a buyback.
Mine is a 2022 Ford Explorer Platinum Hybrid.

Omega

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer Limited
Hey @rasparks0967 do you notice the center console "elbow" rest shake while driving? That is not normal, It was a common side effect in mine. Oddly the steering wheel was never that bad, but the console was bad... at least until whatever it was warmed up (or whatever voodoo magic receded) then it was tolerable.

Read your state statutes and be ready to use them with Ford... Sorry to say.

My buyback is, I think, almost concluded. We are basically getting screwed out of ~$3,500. Otherwise its year(s) in court and thousands more to recoup it. They do this crap on purpose. Make me mad that a company even with EXTREMELY clear laws on the books can still do this to their customers.

I would have been happy to take that loss and move on if Ford had not lied to me to get me to go away. They said I didn't have a case even though I met every stipulation of the Ohio law. Not a secret, but after buying a LOT of Fords and 3 kids coming up who were going to have Fords... they have lost a loyal customer forever.

Good luck and O - H - ...

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Ford Explorer Platinum Hybrid
@Omega I-O

I can feel the vibration in the center console when it happens, I don't think I have ever seen the armrest shaking, but I do feel it vibrate. I bought the Explorer in Columbus at Krieger Ford, I have a step brother that works as the finance manager there, so he had the person at his dealership who does the buybacks look at it and she said it was an open and shut case for buyback. I just want the vibration fixed, but am near the end of my wits on hope that it can be fixed. But I thought I would have one more set of eyes on it before giving up, so I am still going to a 3rd dealer next week to see if they can find something.

Not sure what state this would fall under since I have lived in Missouri since I bought the car, and I did do the paperwork thru the dealership in Ohio. I also have 2 mods (I bought running boards thru a 3rd party as well as had window tint applied) that would need accounted for.

I had looked online at Ford, there is only 1 other Explorer Hybrid within 100 miles and it was only a Limited, and I want the Platinum. I would hate loosing my VIN because this was the first car I could remember the last 8 of the VIN (NNA06100)

Thanks for listening,
Roger

Omega

Reactions
Vehicle
Hey all, Thought I'd drop this here.
Just, FINALLY, completed the buyback process, after $3500 in attorney fees and Ford stiffing me on $1500 of the attorney fees and the last years plate renewal. So it is officially their problem now!
I found out that companies do not have to label is something was a "lemon" so here is my VIN incase anyone ever comes across it.

VIN -- 1FM5K8FW9MNA00755

Good luck to everyone having issues!

Mooz80

Reactions
Vehicle
Limited Hybrid 22
I got a new driveshaft assembly installed yesterday, did not solve the issue... :-(
I placed an order for a Grand Highlander, I guess that will be my fix.

Omega

Reactions
Vehicle
I was hoping you guys would have better luck than I did.

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
I got a new driveshaft assembly installed yesterday, did not solve the issue... :-(
I placed an order for a Grand Highlander, I guess that will be my fix.
On my car they replaced the transfercase and drifeshaft assy as well, to no avail. Tuesday its being picked up again for a final attempt to fix it.

Mooz80

Reactions
Vehicle
Limited Hybrid 22
On my car they replaced the transfercase and drifeshaft assy as well, to no avail. Tuesday its being picked up again for a final attempt to fix it.
Did they found a fix at your last appointment?

Reactions
Vehicle
Did they found a fix at your last appointment?
Unfortunately, no.

They said Ford NL finally acknowledges several of these cars have this issue an is working on a TSB. No further info yet.

They also said it is because the drivetrain is/comes out of alignment but have no clue as to why.

My guess is it has to do with the single bolt subframes as the TSB/recall for that specifically mentions drivetrain vibrations as one of the symptoms of a fractured/broken bolt.

Garf

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer Limited Hybrid
Found this group last night and just joined. 2023 Limited Hybrid. Picked up in February and have had this problem since day one. I had 18” winter tires and wheels put on by the dealer so figured I would wait till spring to pursue.
my vehicle has been in a number of times. They changed a hanger bearing, then the drive shaft then back in for 3 days of testing with some vibration tester and they are suggesting another drive shaft change.
I opened a case with Ford Canada today but I am not feeling confident that they will fix the problem.

Mooz80

Reactions
Vehicle
Limited Hybrid 22
Keep us posted if you succeed to fix it, definitely wish to get this resolved.

Reactions
Vehicle
Found this group last night and just joined. 2023 Limited Hybrid. Picked up in February and have had this problem since day one. I had 18” winter tires and wheels put on by the dealer so figured I would wait till spring to pursue.
my vehicle has been in a number of times. They changed a hanger bearing, then the drive shaft then back in for 3 days of testing with some vibration tester and they are suggesting another drive shaft change.
I opened a case with Ford Canada today but I am not feeling confident that they will fix the problem.
On my car they also swapped the transfer case. It seemed to work but within a week all vibrations are back.

Apparently Ford NL is working on extra bracing for the driveshaft, to add an extra bearing/guide or something but i feel the problems originate from the single bolt subframe.

Whats the HP/torque/weight on your explorer?

Garf

Reactions
Vehicle
On my car they also swapped the transfer case. It seemed to work but within a week all vibrations are back.

Apparently Ford NL is working on extra bracing for the driveshaft, to add an extra bearing/guide or something but i feel the problems originate from the single bolt subframe.

Whats the HP/torque/weight on your explorer?
I have an appointment for next Wednesday as the parts they ordered arrived today. I’m not sure what it is that they are replacing, but I am not overly confident that it will fix the problem.
I will update next week.
sorry, I don’t know the weight, Ho, or torque of the car.

Reactions
Vehicle
I have an appointment for next Wednesday as the parts they ordered arrived today. I’m not sure what it is that they are replacing, but I am not overly confident that it will fix the problem.
I will update next week.
sorry, I don’t know the weight, Ho, or torque of the car.
I think you'll get a new bushing and bolt. But keep us updated!

Garf

Reactions
Vehicle
So my appointment was today and I got a call from the dealership this afternoon to tell me that it didn’t fix the problem. Not exactly sure what they did, but they applied some type of kit that is supposed to fix it. They also said that Ford has issued a TSB for it.
they have kept the vehicle and are replacing the driveshaft AGAIN tomorrow.
Does anyone in Canada know what recourse we have with Ford? Enough is enough.

Reactions
Vehicle
So my appointment was today and I got a call from the dealership this afternoon to tell me that it didn’t fix the problem. Not exactly sure what they did, but they applied some type of kit that is supposed to fix it. They also said that Ford has issued a TSB for it.
they have kept the vehicle and are replacing the driveshaft AGAIN tomorrow.
Does anyone in Canada know what recourse we have with Ford? Enough is enough.
Im guessing its the bushing/bolt fix.. sorry it didnt work out!

Meanwhile, my dealer is not responding to my emails, nor those of my lawyer, nor a signed letter from the lawyer so i guess they want to drag this on for as long as possible.

Kind of had it with Ford and the gross lack of quality of my car, never again will i choose a Ford, thats for sure!

Omega

Reactions
Vehicle
Wow man, that sucks!
I got lucky, my dealer was on my side and did everything they could, were friendly, even gave me a loaner for MONTHS when they didn't have to.
My attorney wanted to name then in a lawsuit and I told him not to, to just go after the MoCo. Sounds like you might have to go that route.

Heh, I think I found our TSB https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Explorer/2022/tsbs/tsb-ssm-51439.shtml
Although they only mention Hybrid engines, and we know its not that.

Reactions
Vehicle
ford explorer st 2023
i am having the same issue with my 2023 explorer st. i could be cruising any speed you just feel the vibration comes and go in the car not on the steering wheel. Took it twice to the dealer they are unable to find they said they put this machine on it to see if they can pin point but nothing. They state all the parameter are good.

Omega

Reactions
Vehicle
@orlando628 I noticed mine did it more after first start up of the day. So I left it over night for them, showed up in the morning before they took it out on a ride and went with them. I was a stupid hassle, but if they don't "feel" it, they can't work the issue. One tech said, "that's normal". So I asked then why does it go away?

Good luck! I have said before, go read your states statutes. Even if they end up fixing it, know your rights and meet the targets/deadlines in the law... JUST IN CASE!