Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ZFG: I guess I'm a fanboy now too

Reactions
Same experience here. 1-2, 3-4, and 4-5 all needed work. But they also needed work BEFORE the tune so I certainly don't blame Adam's baseline configuration.[/QUOT
Embarrassing admission here - I don’t use the paddle shifters. I guess I’m going to have to get up to speed on that in order to identify rough shifts…..

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Embarrassing admission here - I don’t use the paddle shifters. I guess I’m going to have to get up to speed on that in order to identify rough shifts…..
The ZFG Tune will show what gear you are in at all times in the gauge cluster so it takes the guessing out of things.

Reactions
So got my baseline tune tonight. I would like to log a pull in 3rd or 4th gear from 2500 to 6000 rpm. So just drive, wait until I see 3rd gear and 2500 rpm, have my computer start the log, then floor it until I get past 6000 rpm, then stop the log?

Last edited:
Reactions
So got my baseline tune tonight. I would like to log a pull in 3rd or 4th gear from 2500 to 6000 rpm. So just drive, wait until I see 3rd gear and 2500 rpm, have my computer start the log, then floor it until I get past 6000 rpm, then stop the log?
What I did was put the vehicle in Manual mode get to third, around 2500 rpms started logging and WOT to 6000 or slightly above, shifted then safely pulled over and stopped the logging and saved it. Also not sure if you know, but the spacebar is a keyboard shortcut to start and stop logging, WAY easier than trying to click the button.

Reactions
What I did was put the vehicle in Manual mode get to third, around 2500 rpms started logging and WOT to 6000 or slightly above, shifted then safely pulled over and stopped the logging and saved it. Also not sure if you know, but the spacebar is a keyboard shortcut to start and stop logging, WAY easier than trying to click the button.
Thank you thank you! Just loaded the tune so going to join the fan club now and try doing a log. So excited!

Reactions
Well that was the most fun I’ve ever had driving! This thing is now a beast. Huge thanks to all those who have come before me to explore the limits of the ST, and to Adam for providing such a killer tune. I hopefully did the data log correctly - thanks again boosted_st for your helpful advice.

Wow - just wow!

Reactions
You'll know if you have a rough shift. Mine felt fine in "normal" mode, but in "sport" the 2-3 shift was harsh. It also wasnt carrying to redline, like 750rpm early. Adam took care of both. I would say my 2-3 is still a little rough in sport mode, but I dont drive in sport mode very often so I didnt care to refine it any further.

Reactions
Space bar tip FTW!!!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Well that was the most fun I’ve ever had driving! This thing is now a beast. Huge thanks to all those who have come before me to explore the limits of the ST, and to Adam for providing such a killer tune. I hopefully did the data log correctly - thanks again boosted_st for your helpful advice.

Wow - just wow!
Get yourself a draggy. It is extremely fun to jump I it and see all the stats.

Reactions
Can you provide the link for the draggy please, tks.
Google it. They are not specific to the ST and MANY retailers carry it. You can order direct from Draggy's website or through a distributor. Also check out the P-Gear 610S.

Reactions
Google it. They are not specific to the ST and MANY retailers carry it. You can order direct from Draggy's website or through a distributor. Also check out the P-Gear 610S.
Thanks. I will check it out.

Reactions
Just ordered from dragy motors.
Does it matter if the device is placed on the dash or another location?
I hear as long as it can detect the satellite signal right?

Reactions
Just ordered from dragy motors.
Does it matter if the device is placed on the dash or another location?
I hear as long as it can detect the satellite signal right?
it is GPS based, which does rely on Line-of-Sight (LOS), so yes, it's best to mount it where it won't be obstructed by solid objects. I think most people mount it on the back side of the center display.

Reactions
it is GPS based, which does rely on Line-of-Sight (LOS), so yes, it's best to mount it where it won't be obstructed by solid objects. I think most people mount it on the back side of the center display.
Ahh thank you. I was going to ask where the best place would be to mount and that is a good idea!
Thanks twin001 :)

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Does anyone know if the ZFG tune removes the 143 limited top speed? I mean I read it is that.....not that I would know from seeing it.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Does anyone know if the ZFG tune removes the 143 limited top speed? I mean I read it is that.....not that I would know from seeing it.
It does.