Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What would you have purchased if there were no Explorer ST?

Dphan67

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Probably nothing as I was pretty happy with my Edge AWD and this was more of an impulse buy. We were looking at F-150, Tundra and 4Runner but F-150 or Tundra 4x4 w/ leather was a cost I just couldn't justify for a pickup, and the 4Runner is outdated. With that said, other than a few times backup camera failed, I have been very happy with the ST. Fun to drive for an SUV.

Reactions
I would have bought another used grand cherokee SRT. I averaged just over 16mpg with my last one (2015 model)

Reactions
I was about $200/month away from leasing a 2019 JGC Trackhawk. Showed a smidgeon of financial discipline for the first time in a long time. It was going to be the carrot that got me through my last few years of work.

Reactions
The new 2021 Yukon Denali. After seeing one in person now, and after previously driving a full size truck for the past 10 years, I'm fucking glad I went with the ST.

Tired of driving a bus.

Reactions
It was either this or a 2021 BMW M2 Competition... But since I already have a "garage queen", I needed something more practical, so the Explorer ST was a better choice.

Reactions
I would have kept my truck lol.
the only other SUV I was looking at was the Durango SRT but it was 27k more (cdn) and that’s bonkers lol