Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What would you have purchased if there were no Explorer ST?

Reactions
Just wondering what everyone would have purchased if Ford didn't produce the Explorer ST?

For myself I probably would have gone with a used Cherokee SRT.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I considered the Grand Cherokee Hemi, I've owned a few in the past, but need three rows now. I looked at the Cadillac XT-6, but just wasn't impressed with it. I drove, and liked, the Lincoln Aviator, but discovered the ST was almost identical and gave me a lot more bang for the buck.

Reactions
I probably would have purchased an Expedition or Raptor.

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Explorer Platinum, then new wheels n tires, Borla or Manaflow exhaust and a tuner

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Would probably have a Palisade/Telluride.

Reactions
Possibly a Traverse AWD Premier Redline Edition; also had my eye on the new Blazer RS, but both of those are just decent looking cosmetically but they don't do anything interesting under the hood. GM is boring now.

hbalek

Reactions
I was seriously considering a 2019 Nautilus, 2019 Edge ST or CPO Continental. I'm happy with my choice!

gpz1221

Reactions
Aviator, Expedition/Navigator, Durango RT/SRT felt dated, Q7 poor towing setup, X5 w/ third row if you can find one and a Telluride - not enough motor. If I was buying now, I would have wanted to see the new Genesis GV80 3.5. I actually feel the ST was a value (after the out the door price) for everything that you get including the 400/415...

Reactions
I kept telling ford i would give the money to the germans if they wouldn't make a deal. I had a GLC AMG picked out for 15k more.

elphil

Reactions
Probably would have considered the Aviator.

Reactions
I probably would have kept my 2016 Explorer Sport for another year to see what the ful sized Bronco looked like.

Reactions
I probably would have kept my 2016 Explorer Sport for another year to see what the ful sized Bronco looked like.
Allegedly there's been some leaked images of it in the last few days...assuming they're legit, it's kinda...meh looking in my eyes anyway.

Mind you, I said that about the new redesign of the Explorer at first, but then it grew on me once pics of the ST started to appear.

Reactions
Allegedly there's been some leaked images of it in the last few days...assuming they're legit, it's kinda...meh looking in my eyes anyway.

Mind you, I said that about the new redesign of the Explorer at first, but then it grew on me once pics of the ST started to appear.
I agree. Glad I didn't wait if the images are for real. Really happy with my ST so far...

elphil

Reactions
Reactions
Reactions
My wife wanted a Lexus GX....after I saw how outdated the tech was I shot that down. I had a GC SRT, so didn't want more of the same. Entertained the Durango SRT but it's looking a little old to me. If this didn't exist probably would have ended up with a platinum or an aviator