Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What would you have purchased if there were no Explorer ST?

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I had actually picked out a ZR2 Colorado Bison Edition. If the color I wanted was in stock at the time.....that's what I'd be driving. While waiting for the ZR2, a friend at Ford told me to try out the ST. Done deal after that.

2021-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-103-1570573450.jpg

Reactions
Another F150. Really Liked my 2011.

Gymrat

Reactions
Last 10 years it’s been a Roush and a GT; now the explorer ST. If not the ST then another mustang.

Reactions
At this point anything with at least 3 wheels that I could take home and drive daily. Except 60k later, drove the vehicle maybe 1 whole day aaaaaaaaand its been with the dealer since. Sorry not constructive but I am slightly pissed off. Granted this is the 2nd Ex Plat not the ST. Absolutely love that but since my GFs car is in the shop she always takes it :(.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I think the 2022 Acura MDX Type S will need a second look if in the market next year. Turbo V6 making 355HP, 354 ft lb. Much better looking inside and out than the outgoing MDX.
1607640224205.png

mzodarg

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Probably the Aviator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Traded a 2020 Aviator RII for the ST. Did not Like the grandma luxury ride for my style of driving plus it went into convulsion and had a seizure, all modules needed replaced. At that point I was over it, not for 77K.

Reactions
Haven't bought an ST yet, but comparing it to jeep and Durango srt. Considered the Germans.... But not wanting to get into that kind of upkeep expense.

Nothing japanese or Korean really appeals to me. That mdx looks cool, but it's output feels competitive over a decade ago.

Reactions
Haven't bought an ST yet, but comparing it to jeep and Durango srt. Considered the Germans.... But not wanting to get into that kind of upkeep expense.

Nothing japanese or Korean really appeals to me. That mdx looks cool, but it's output feels competitive over a decade ago.
Hard to beat the ST in bang for the buck. With a tune its as fast as, if not faster than a Cayenne S/GTS or SRT392.

Blackssr

Reactions
I was seriously considering a 2019 Nautilus, 2019 Edge ST or CPO Continental. I'm happy with my choice!
The Edge St would be awesome if they put the Explorer ST motor in it.. if memory serves it's only a decal and no more performance in the Edge St? That little truck would scream with 400 horsepower and all-wheel drive. But as it stands it's a nanny grocery getter. ☹️

Blackssr

Reactions

I can tell you firsthand, SRT Durango (70,000)and the Jeep SRT (80000)is around 12 mi to the gallon... My trackhawk is nine miles to the gallon...you better like stopping at the gas station. Even pushing my Explorer St like I stole the thing I'm still averaging 17 to 18 mi to the gallon after breaking in the motor. I'm planning on doing at tune which would put it close to 500 horsepower and it could run with the srts and still get great mileage. The trackhawk is a totally different beast. That's 6.2 Hemi and that supercharger is a tough, tough combo to compete with. My wife took the Jeep Trackhawk and I kept the Hellcat Challenger and the new Explorer ST. Fair trade.

LT Lost

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Telluride, I am glad they were unavailable because it made look at alternatives like my ST!

Sean R.

Reactions
The Edge St would be awesome if they put the Explorer ST motor in it.. if memory serves it's only a decal and no more performance in the Edge St? That little truck would scream with 400 horsepower and all-wheel drive. But as it stands it's a nanny grocery getter. ☹️
Edge st had the same 2.7 as the nautilus but weighs a little less. 335hp and 380ftlbs is not to shappy...

92onward

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
A Denali or GC SRT

Blackssr

Reactions
Edge st had the same 2.7 as the nautilus but weighs a little less. 335hp and 380ftlbs is not to shappy...
What I meant to say, compared to the normal Edge what is the difference between the two motors. Is The Edge St more horsepower than the normal Edge? I Apologize for the confusion.

hbalek

Reactions
What I meant to say, compared to the normal Edge what is the difference between the two motors. Is The Edge St more horsepower than the normal Edge? I Apologize for the confusion.
The 2.7 turbo V6 is only available on the Edge ST. Other trims get the 2.0 T.

Super G

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Honda Passport, Lexus RX-450H, or Outback XT

Reactions
Range Rover sport with the 5.0L supercharged motor. Stupid big $$$$$$ though.