Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What is missing on the 2022 ST from factory

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hey! I have seen a few posts about things missing from the 2022 ST and I would like more info. I purchased my Black ST 2 weeks ago. It was ordered by someone who decided not to purchase and I was lucky enough to find it quickly and buy it. I do know about the air conditioning controls in the back seat and the heated seat controls as well. Anything else I need to know about? Thanks!

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Depends when it was built. My 22 has all those items. Only notable removed items from the 22 is cupholder ambient lights and 2nd row center console. The former was removed from f150s too.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
My 22 Platinum is in production right now and the window sticker and production description only shows credits for both the rear seat HVAC controls and rear heated seats. Everything else shows as available. Some have posted that the multi contour seats are no longer available, so if you've got those, you're golden from what I've seen. Congrats on the lucky buy!

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
My 22 was not missing any components whatsoever ...

Because it was a 400A and had no other options except for a moon roof and roof-rack. Lol

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Depends when it was built. My 22 has all those items. Only notable removed items from the 22 is cupholder ambient lights and 2nd row center console. The former was removed from f150s too.
So it's just carpet between the 2nd row seats? Its a $5 piece of molded plastic....

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So it's just carpet between the 2nd row seats? Its a $5 piece of molded plastic....
Yeah it’s junk. All it did was collect dirt, crumbs, and spilled juice. And kids tripped over it trying to get to the back.

Reactions
Picked up my 2022 last month and it has everything it is supposed to.

MrHoward

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Nothing.. but I hear some new ones don't have the massaging seats… man I love those seats… that would be a deal breaker for me…

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Nothing.. but I hear some new ones don't have the massaging seats… man I love those seats… that would be a deal breaker for me…
The deal breaker for me were the dealers who were asking over sticker for fully loaded 22 ST's. Mine wasn't and was selling for sticker, so that's the one I bought.

I had massaging seats in my '14 SHO, and as I recall, I rarely used them myself.

Picked up my 2022 last month and it has everything it is supposed to.
I just did a quick check, every single loaded ST in my area is getting shorted on the 2nd row heated seats and the rear auxiliary controls.

Last edited:

Mick

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I had a 2020 and just got a 2022 and there is no digital display for temp on the console just on the touch screen… kinda cheap I thought

geordey

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
The deal breaker for me were the dealers who were asking over sticker for fully loaded 22 ST's. Mine wasn't and was selling for sticker, so that's the one I bought.

I had massaging seats in my '14 SHO, and as I recall, I rarely used them myself.

I just did a quick check, every single loaded ST in my area is getting shorted on the 2nd row heated seats and the rear auxiliary controls.
Hey! I have seen a few posts about things missing from the 2022 ST and I would like more info. I purchased my Black ST 2 weeks ago. It was ordered by someone who decided not to purchase and I was lucky enough to find it quickly and buy it. I do know about the air conditioning controls in the back seat and the heated seat controls as well. Anything else I need to know about? Thanks!
I bought an ST this week and received a small reduction against 2 items that were missing from the spec due to the semiconductor shortage. Aux controls for second row and controls for heated seats in second row (you control them from the front) - had to sign to say I accepted this.

JDMerica

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer 5
Just got ours last week. 4/22 build. Has massage seats but is missing rear controls for heated seats and AC.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I bought an ST this week and received a small reduction against 2 items that were missing from the spec due to the semiconductor shortage. Aux controls for second row and controls for heated seats in second row (you control them from the front) - had to sign to say I accepted this.
Yup, it was the same thing in my area on loaded ST's.

Reactions
The 2nd row seats used to be motorized to roll forward as well, they are now manual but that may actually be an improvement.

The other noteworthy thing is that my 2022 wheel hops on the odd brake torque launch, the 2020 never did.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The other noteworthy thing is that my 2022 wheel hops on the odd brake torque launch, the 2020 never did.
If that's the case, you're a prime candidate for extensive differential support failure. Look into the AWR brace for a little extra protection.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Wheel hop usually ends up breaking things in my experience especially with sticky tires. Not a bad idea to add a little support.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yes, wheel hop puts stress on chassis members.
But we also have AWD to help mitigate that strain, so hopefully ...

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
News articles are indicating that Ford will retrofit when available... I expect that will be 2 years down the line, but was that part of what you signed?

Reactions
The 2nd row seats used to be motorized to roll forward as well, they are now manual but that may actually be an improvement.

My 2022 has manual second row. What makes you say the manual is an improvement over power? Power just sounds so luxurious.

Reactions
My 2022 has manual second row. What makes you say the manual is an improvement over power? Power just sounds so luxurious.
The power mechanism was glitchy, sometimes you'd press the button and it would go all the way forward and the backrest would fold properly, next time it would move 3 inches and the backrest would barely move. Sometimes it was smooth, usually it was jerky. With the manual latch, you have control.

As for the wheelhop, if it breaks, it breaks. If it breaks before they come up with a single cheek recall fix, I'll get the proper subframe as Ford should have put in it in the first place.