Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What is missing on the 2022 ST from factory

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
New here.

Picked up a 2022 401A to replace a 2021 401A that was totaled when an older woman pulled out in front of my wife (failure to yield). The short list of things that are missing/ changed:

- Start button green light is gone
- Front cup holder ambient lighting
- Rear floor mounted cup holders - this is actually better with two little kids. That thing was always a disaster.
- Massaging seats
- Rear HVAC controls
- 2nd row heated seats
- Hill descent control
- Rear lift gate hands free capability

Also new in 2022 - electronic e-brake sets when putting in park. This is annoying, does anyone know how to disable?
Welcome to the forum

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
New here.

Picked up a 2022 401A to replace a 2021 401A that was totaled when an older woman pulled out in front of my wife (failure to yield). The short list of things that are missing/ changed:

- Rear floor mounted cup holders - this is actually better with two little kids. That thing was always a disaster.
- Massaging seats
- Rear HVAC controls
- 2nd row heated seats
- Hill descent control
- Digital cabin temp indicators in the front HVAC cluster

Also new in 2022 - electronic e-brake sets when putting in park. This is annoying, does anyone know how to disable?
No way to change the e brake. That’s part of the bolt fracture recall. But you don’t need to release it. Just hit the gas gently and it will automatically release.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
New here.

- Massaging seats
- Rear HVAC controls - to be added at a later date per the dealer
- 2nd row heated seats - to be added at a later date per the dealer
- Hill descent control Auto Park Control (top right button in drive mode cluster)

Hello, New here also, Picking my up 2022 ST this saturday. Though I am coming from my 2021. My window sticker says Active park assist, but when I wen to look at the vehicle last night it is missing that button like you noted. Is control for active park assist in a new spot or is my window sticker incorrect?

skeelo

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello, New here also, Picking my up 2022 ST this saturday. Though I am coming from my 2021. My window sticker says Active park assist, but when I wen to look at the vehicle last night it is missing that button like you noted. Is control for active park assist in a new spot or is my window sticker incorrect?
Looked at my sticker today and it shows Co-Pilot 360+ but when looking into the package on Ford's website I do not see active park assist listed in the package or as an add on option. That aside, I do not see the button anywhere else in the vehicle. It is not a huge deal, it was never used it in our 2021, I just dislike the button blank in the drive mode cluster. Maybe I'll add a rockets or ejecto seat sticker.

SycloneRob

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Looked at my sticker today and it shows Co-Pilot 360+ but when looking into the package on Ford's website I do not see active park assist listed in the package or as an add on option. That aside, I do not see the button anywhere else in the vehicle. It is not a huge deal, it was never used it in our 2021, I just dislike the button blank in the drive mode cluster. Maybe I'll add a rockets or ejecto seat sticker.
Yeah.. even though we may not use the parking feature but we still lose the side sensors as it has saved me once when I was parking myself. Now we do not get that and I do not see a credit of any kind for that. umm.

skeelo

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Yeah.. even though we may not use the parking feature but we still lose the side sensors as it has saved me once when I was parking myself. Now we do not get that and I do not see a credit of any kind for that. umm.
I believe all the side sensors are still there. The 360 cam looks to identify items to the left and right.

SycloneRob

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
There are no side sensors on my 2022 vs my 2021 had the side sensors...

cagilber

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Replaced a 2020 with a 2022 ST back in February 2022. Crazy to see people with newer 2022s that are missing a lot more features.

Missing Items
- Rear HVAC controls- signed a document saying they would be added later, but not hopeful
- Rear heated seats - signed a document saying they would be added later, but not hopeful
- Rear seat center console - I think this is just a product change from 20/21 to 22. My dog likes it better :)
- Rear HVAC vents in 3rd row (by window) - now they are just "cups"
- Cup holder illumination - I heard there were issues with these getting wet and shorting out
- Front HVAC temperature display above hot/cold switch - only visible on nav screen now
- Rear undercarriage "cover" behind axle - this was a topic of discussion in 2020 whether it should be included or not, mine was added at a later date on the 2020, but seems it probably wasn't needed for the ST model.

tfratzke

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Replaced a 2020 with a 2022 ST back in February 2022. Crazy to see people with newer 2022s that are missing a lot more features.

Missing Items
- Rear HVAC controls- signed a document saying they would be added later, but not hopeful
- Rear heated seats - signed a document saying they would be added later, but not hopeful
So are you thinking that if we eventually add the rear HVAC controls to a 2022, the seats won't heat? According to this video, he added the rear HVAC to his 2022 and then his seats worked.

cagilber

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So are you thinking that if we eventually add the rear HVAC controls to a 2022, the seats won't heat? According to this video, he added the rear HVAC to his 2022 and then his seats worked.
Nope, Just like the video I think it would work. I actually have searched for the same part and could not find it. If Ford never comes through with the replacement parts it might be worth doing some junk yard diving to find the control module.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Nope, Just like the video I think it would work. I actually have searched for the same part and could not find it. If Ford never comes through with the replacement parts it might be worth doing some junk yard diving to find the control module.
Ebay would be a place to look for it also.

locoliberty

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
New here.

- Massaging seats
- Rear HVAC controls - to be added at a later date per the dealer
- 2nd row heated seats - to be added at a later date per the dealer
- Hill descent control Auto Park Control (top right button in drive mode cluster)

Im not finding anything in the search, can you just swap in a 2020/2021 front hvac with the displays and it work? Just picked up a 2022

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I picked up one and it fully loaded. 22 with all options, including massaging chairs and rear HVAC controls.
Things I'm missing are the auto park and roof rails. Also got a credit for 4G hotspot.

I would have really loved if the roof side rails and the auto park features were included.

Reactions
Congrats! I would give you my roof rails if I could and you would likely never use the auto park, it is just way to slow.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Congrats! I would give you my roof rails if I could and you would likely never use the auto park, it is just way to slow.
Thank you. Will sure keep in mind if I ever drive mine anywhere near to Ontario. :D

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Picked my '22 up yesterday. Built on 9/9 according to the sticker.

I didn't get massage seats, active park assist, wifi hotspot or hands free lift gate (both credited). I also didn't get the roof rails.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Picked my '22 up yesterday. Built on 9/9 according to the sticker.

I didn't get massage seats, active park assist, Wi-Fi hotspot or hands free lift gate (both credited). I also didn't get the roof rails.
Your build might be missing the premium technology package.

Mine is 2022 Oct 09th build and I also got the hands free liftgate credit (forgot in my previous post).

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Your build might be missing the premium technology package.

Mine is 2022 Oct 09th build and I also got the hands free liftgate credit (forgot in my previous post).
I got the technology package - 14 speakers and 10" screen, but not the premium technology package which includes the massage seats. Active parking was made a stand alone option, at least according to build and price.