Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I did the same thing --it's just easier to replace it yourself than to play the warranty game. I did notice that the replacement axle had a different boot design--one extra fold to the bellow. I am hoping it will last longer than the original which all seem to tear near the clamp on the shaft.
Yes I noticed the different boot design as well. My 1st replacement that failed actually was leaking at the big end. It was weird, looked like the band clamp wasn't tightened properly.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I previously had 1.25" F / 1.5" R spacers. I decided that there is just too much wheel poke in the rear for my liking. The rear spacers were really stuck on there. I used a chisel and a dead blow hammer to get them off. I like the 1.25" F & R much better. Looks even F & R.

Anyone have any tips about getting spacers off, or should I be putting some anti-seize on the hub/rotor to prevent it from sticking?

hbalek

Reactions
I went in for an oil change and rotation and they replaced all of my window swtiches for the chrome peeling issue. What's great is even if only one switch chrome is peeling, they replace all 7!

Last edited:
Reactions
I did the same thing --it's just easier to replace it yourself than to play the warranty game. I did notice that the replacement axle had a different boot design--one extra fold to the bellow. I am hoping it will last longer than the original which all seem to tear near the clamp on

Agree. I was beyond the power train warranty so tried to use ESP, but was denied. Said it was a wear item and because I had aftermarket springs installed. Under my breath I told them to GFY. Bought the factory part, installed in about an hour. No leaving the car at the dealer, and I know it was done right.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
New wheels & tires yesterday - Verde Incise V12's (22x10.5) and Toyo Proxes STiii (285/40/22)

Wheels.jpg

largesock

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Installed the FP Tune yesterday and I am loving it!

I also got my OBDLink cable this week and disabled the double honk and FENG. I cannot overstate how much better the car sounds and feels with FENG off. I don't know what they were smoking when they decided to enable it in the first place. Who wants to hear a strange, tinny sort-of-engine-like sound coming from behind them as they accelerate in their front-engine vehicle?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Installed the FP Tune yesterday and I am loving it!

I also got my OBDLink cable this week and disabled the double honk and FENG. I cannot overstate how much better the car sounds and feels with FENG off. I don't know what they were smoking when they decided to enable it in the first place. Who wants to hear a strange, tinny sort-of-engine-like sound coming from behind them as they accelerate in their front-engine vehicle?
Do you notice a difference immediately with the fp tune? As far as shifting and things?

largesock

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Do you notice a difference immediately with the fp tune? As far as shifting and things?
I did! Shifting is smoother for sure, and it's also noticeably faster when comparing WOT to WOT (though I don't have an objective measurement tool like Draggy, so take this with a grain of salt). I never had my tires skip / traction control turn on from a no-brake-pedal launch before the tune, but I've been able to do it a couple of times since.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
I did! Shifting is smoother for sure, and it's also noticeably faster when comparing WOT to WOT (though I don't have an objective measurement tool like Draggy, so take this with a grain of salt). I never had my tires skip / traction control turn on from a no-brake-pedal launch before the tune, but I've been able to do it a couple of times since.
Very cool. Yeah I've been looking at them. I just don't want to void the warranty. I paid extra for it and I don't know a shop that might look past it. I've heard of you get this one installed at a ford dealer it doesn't void warranty. But I think I will purchase this FP tune for sure. Thanks.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST, Rapid Red; 2020 and 2022 STs
The biggest thing I've done this week to my Explorer is buy it, a new, RED RED RED ST with 401A and Techn. packages including remote start.. I traded Blue for it and the dealer traded tires with me so I retained my aftermarket tires and wheels.. Yesterday I removed the VERY tight* wheel nuts one at a time, applied some antilock compound, and reinstalled them with my 150-pound-max. torque wrench.. THAT was so difficult with my load-limited REreplaced-right-shoulder joint that I ordered a 250-pound-max. wrench that's 8 inches longer.

* I'm not implying that they were overtightened, I am admitting that my arm and shoulder strength decreases as I get older.

2023Oct25_DSC0766_LF, 2nd_1200w.jpg

Last edited:

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
The biggest thting I've done this week to my Explorer is buy it, a new, RED RED RED ST with 401A and Techn. packages including remote start.. I traded Blue for it and the dealer traded tires with me so I retained my aftermarket tires and wheels.. Yesterday I removed the VERY tight* wheel nuts one at a time, applied some antilock compound, and reinstalled them with my 150-pound-max. torque wrench.. THAT was so difficult with my load-limited REreplaced-right-shoulder joint that I ordered a 250-pound-max. wrench that's 8 inches longer.

* I'm not implying that they were overtightened, I am admitting that my arm and shoulder strength decreases as I get older.

View attachment 20247
Beautiful color I have the same

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST, Rapid Red; 2020 and 2022 STs
Finally got some ceraminc 'polish' on it last nite and this morn.. I use Torque Detail products...
https://www.torquedetail.com/collections/best-car-detailing-products
...the Ceramic Spray - Spray On Ceramic Coating, Turbo Ceramic Waterless Detailer, and Plastic Restore.

I still use Zaino #16 Perfect Tire Gloss because it's less glossy than other tire treatments.. In these pics, the tires had been slopped with shiny stuff at the carwash, and only the tire arches got some Plastic Restore.. Sure do LOVE this red!!!!
2023Oct28_DSF0889_RF corner_2000w.jpg
2023Oct28_DSF0892_RR corner_2000w.jpg

Lowering springs soon!

Attachments

Last edited:

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
If it weren't for the wheels and exhaust tips, I'd think I was looking at my own. ;)

BlueMetallicVet

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Finally made it through all 111 pages... :ROFLMAO:. Some great looking rides in here and lots of great inspiration! Look forward to tuning up my new to me 2020. I'll get some pictures alongside my blown '05 GT in the future.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Got the Waido side skirts installed to match the front splitter. IMG_1963.jpeg