Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
First little road trip after the spacers, springs, and rear sway. Love how it feels now.

Just out of curiosity, does any one have their alignment specs after similar mods? I dropped it off to the shop to have the springs installed with the spacers already on and I’m not sure if they measured THAT geometry [w/ spacers] as “factory spec”.

I feel like there’s a bit too much camber in the rear but want to compare first before going back to the alignment shop…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Finished my sound deadening on the complete floor. Pulled everything out from the 2nd row up.

Reactions
Finished my sound deadening on the complete floor. Pulled everything out from the 2nd row up.
What’s the real world difference when driving, is there a massive reduction in road noise?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
What’s the real world difference when driving, is there a massive reduction in road noise?
I've had the back half done for a week. With my ears it is significantly quieter. I have found very little factory deadening material. A little spray on here and there.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer Platinum
Please provide some details on the type of sound deadening material you used and how you applied it.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
This for the floor

Dynamat extreme on 95% coverage. Roller for install
Dynaliner 1/4in closed cell foam on top of that. Sticky on one side.
DynaPad (1in) on 90% of floor
Thinsulate in the console. No adhesive, just sits under carpet.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
This for the floor

Dynamat extreme on 95% coverage. Roller for install
Dynaliner 1/4in closed cell foam on top of that. Sticky on one side.
DynaPad (1in) on 90% of floor
Thinsulate in the console. No adhesive, just sits under carpet.
Thanks. That certainly seems like it would make a huge difference. Did you have to remove the seats or did your just remove the carpet? Got any pics?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks. That certainly seems like it would make a huge difference. Did you have to remove the seats or did your just remove the carpet? Got any pics?
Yes, I removed all seats and the center console. Very simple IMO.

I did not take pics, sorry. The carpet is back in with only the driver seat installed. I'll see if I can pull back the carpet to get a pic of the underside.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
White trim on the front splitter. Custom side splitters should be in this week.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
More blingy...

20220424_174021.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST Star White
Borla S type kit

couple cold start videos, impressed they made a 3.0 ecoboost sound good, usually 6 and 4 bangers sound like dung

stock

borla S type

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Added a little red to go with the red calipers. That’s about all the red I will add to the ST as less is more!!

Attachments

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Added a little red to go with the red calipers. That’s about all the red I will add to the ST as less is more!!
Looks good. Been thinking about doing this and the back liftgate. Where did you get them?

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Looks good. Been thinking about doing this and the back liftgate. Where did you get them?
There's lots of Explorer Red Items on Amazon, including the above as well as trim rings for all the interior knobs to go with the ST emblem on the steering wheel, ST pedal covers, and others.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Minor blingy

20220427_155846.jpg

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Tvdvinyls is the website I got them at. I’m not going to do the tailgate as I just like the small subtle look.