Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Had the new strut tower brace from aFe installed!

20220505_134823.jpg 20220505_134656.jpg

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Pulled up at a red light next to *lesser* Gen 6 this morning.... click..click.. Light turned green & I was GONE. He crawled off the light & I was at least 200 yards ahead by the time he cleared the intersection. No fun at all... :(

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Pulled up at a red light next to *lesser* Gen 6 this morning.... click..click.. Light turned green & I was GONE. He crawled off the light & I was at least 200 yards ahead by the time he cleared the intersection. No fun at all... :(
Be careful that you don’t run over the homeless that are overrunning you guys on the streets in LA … I was born and raised in Burbank lived there from 1959 to 1977 we didn’t have all the homeless problems they have nowadays .. I guess you can all give Gavin Newsom and Eric Garcetti a big thank you for that

Last edited:

F=MA

Reactions
Tried out a $20 Amazon foam cannon… pretty pleased with how it performed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the same pressure washer and foamer set up that I have never used yet. I was wondering if this combo is good on removing road film ("driven in the rain" type road film) or do you need to use the wash mitts also?

Reactions
I have the same pressure washer and foamer set up that I have never used yet. I was wondering if this combo is good on removing road film ("driven in the rain" type road film) or do you need to use the wash mitts also?
Good question; I’ve never tried just foam/pressure. I’m sure it would be cleanER, and probably look fine, but I’d think you would need to continue the wash with mitts to get all the surface dirt off for a complete wash. (I’m definitely no expert)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Be careful that you don’t run over the homeless that are overrunning you guys on the streets in LA … I was born and raised in Burbank lived there from 1959 to 1977 we didn’t have all the homeless problems they have nowadays .. I guess you can all give Gavin Newsom and Eric Garcetti a big thank you for that
I'm up the hill in Lancaster. Our mayor (R Rex Parris, known as the Rex Fuhrer) runs them all out of town so they're mostly in a shanty town that starts about 100yards North of the city line out on the desert.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
What did I do to my ST today?

I looked at it in my driveway and gave thanks that I didn't pay a penny over MSRP for it!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I got one door sound deadened and new components installed in that door. I will say this, sound deadening to the extent of taking everything out of the door and treating everything in the door and all that plastic takes time. I burned the whole day on one door....and it wasn't even a front door :)

I'm now down to 12 of 14 speakers haha. Every door I do will be dead until I switch over to the new amps so I will be super motivated after I'm down to the center speaker and the two rear pillars :D

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Got the 0 gauge run through the firewall. Shout out to @UNBROKEN for the great spot next to the cabin air filter. Why do my hands always look like I went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson whenever I am fishing wires???
I need to do the same thing...can you give more description or pics on the best spot to run wiring through the firewall?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I need to do the same thing...can you give more description or pics on the best spot to run wiring through the firewall?
Thanks to @UNBROKEN . If you pull the battery there is a nice spot to the left of the cabin air filter. Look around on the inside and outside. I drilled from the outside. Clean it up, thro a bit of primer, throw a grommet and you are good to go.

Check out his thread https://www.explorerst.org/threads/focal-mosconi-illusion-and-helix-build.2344/

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Excellent...thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Forgot to mention the installation of the Mishimoto oil catch can kit which was quick, easy and well designed. I did appreciate the included hoses which fit like a glove. I had some concerns about the space around the catch can and if I would need to pull the whole unit out to open the catch can itself that I had reached out to Mishimoto about before purchasing and never heard back on but went ahead and ordered it anyway. I’m happy to report that the catch can can be removed without having to pull the mount and hoses.

I also put on a set of TVD’s vinyl decals for the embossed door panels and if one follows the instructions, they go on fairly easy. The first side took longer than the second as I was making adjustments in how I was doing it as I went along and improving how I was getting the decals off the card and applying them to the embossed letters on the door. Ended up not trying to put the letters on in spelling order but how they sat on the card. Pulling the letters from left to right off of the card using the tape and then applying using the soap solution method that TVD describes. Having good light is a must to get them seated correctly. Went with a blue to get close to matching the ST’s Atlas Blue color and while subtle, I think they look pretty nice. 0809806B-5F86-44A1-A8D7-87A77BE22217.jpeg FE1DD6FE-6F19-4C04-A7F4-DA655ECCB133.jpeg

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I used TVD vinyl for the tailgate letters on my atlas blue 21

20210602_112658.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Looks nice. I may have to reconsider doing the lift gate letters. Which color did you order as it looks closer to the Atlas Blue then what I ended up ordering?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I think it was night blue metallic. It's been almost a year since I got them

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I think it was night blue metallic. It's been almost a year since I got them
Thanks, for whatever reason it looked off on their color samples and I went with Indigo Blue. In looking at your photo, it appears that what I thought was an off color may have been more my pad than the sample. Time to order and see how it goes. The prices aren’t that bad. So it’s worth a try.