Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Go back to the person who wrapped the pillar and get a small strip above the back windows to get rid of that transition from pillar to window.
thank you @BooSTedExplorer21 - I didn't even notice (OMG) what a miss on my part. I will reach back out to them on Monday (they're closed on weekends). thank you for the feedback

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
It's complete overkill with the LED bulbs in the factory housing
I bouhave the diode dynamics
You get the trailer attached warning every time you start the car?

Ive got a 2020 and purchased the fancy hitch with the reverse/brake light/strobe feature. It throws errors for trailer connected/disconnected and turn signals not working…whenever I hit the brake or use the turn signal.

I contacted their service and they sent me a temporary harness (for the $100 setup) which only does reverse and running light.

They're working on an updated harness for the brake/strobe feature since the newer Ford harnesses are “funky”. It’s complete, but they’re working on getting the plugs to finish it up.

So, I spent the money on the fancier one…to get the not fancy one.…until the replacement is sent. must say Diode Dynamics customer service is phenomenal.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Was in the process installing new CVFab IC had to stop due to unexpected rain. Also plan on a 2 for 1 and will also do AFE CAI since the front end is off. Anyhow, had to cover the ST and will most likely finish tomorrow until showers pass.

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Spent some time watching the JL Max tuning master Jeff Hald dial in my car some more….tuning is almost never ending on cars like mine. IMG_0518.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Finally Done! Took longer than expected challenged by weather and some stupidity on my part. AFE (check) and CVFab Intercooler (check). RPM does seem higher. Now im waiting on back ordered sway bar and waiting Lethal to produce some springs.

didnt powder coat CAI because everyone locally had a 2week ETA - sooo yeah not waiting that long.

now time for some seafood gumbo

Attachments

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Did few of the changes I wanted with FORScan.
  1. Double Horn Honk on Leaving Cabin (Key fob outside the idling vehicle)
  2. Using Front Fog with High Beam (Bambi mode)
  3. Power Point Timeout (12V socket timer)
  4. Remote Global Close (front windows up/down from key fob)
I would say, the easy ones are done. Need to experiment for the rest in my Wishlist
  1. Auto Start/Stop disable
  2. Amber DRL (I will revert back to white eventually)
  3. Drive mode memory
  4. Auto hold memory
  5. Reverse mirror tilt
  6. Change Camera views layout
  7. etc.
Details in the build thread

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Boredom install today. OPT7 grille kit and the full underbody kit will be here tomorrow.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Silver Spruce Explorer ST
Spent some time watching the JL Max tuning master Jeff Hald dial in my car some more….tuning is almost never ending on cars like mine. View attachment 17761
Loving the photo itself, but am curious with regard to the incredibly large blank screen serving more as a face shield than a tuning aid.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Boredom install today. OPT7 grille kit and the full underbody kit will be here tomorrow.
Does Texas allow Red or Blue lights on a civilian vehicle?

Reactions
Did a detail on the Explorer's this weekend. I put Gtechnique Tyre Gel on the tires and Gtechnique C4 on the plastic of the Rapid Red. I didn't have any more C4 to put on the Stone Blue but was able to do the Tyre Gel. We'll see how long it lasts. It was easy to apply after doing the prep work.

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Loving the photo itself, but am curious with regard to the incredibly large blank screen serving more as a face shield than a tuning aid.
It just wasn’t on yet when I took the pic. There’s usually a laptop mirrored on the big screen so others can watch phase traces in real time.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Does Texas allow Red or Blue lights on a civilian vehicle?
Won't be riding around with anything strobing. Just white. All solid colors are fine as long as you can't see the emitter itself.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
^^^Definitely not my thing but it looks pretty cool for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Lighting done, does all the fancy sound sync and blinking stuffs. Will leave it on solid white unless the party pops off!
Looks Bad @$$ ! Has the weekend factor appeal after a nice detail. I like the red light.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
How difficult was the install? I’ve never done lights before.
Wasn't bad except for wire routing was a but tedious. I like everything tucked and hidden. Still have a little cleaning up to do but took about 2 hours.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Installed the GT350 front brakes. Please excuse the dirty wheels, I need to wash it. I got the black base GT350 calipers as I have the poverty-spec base brakes anyway, no need for red. Used all the Ford hardware, only changes were Powerstop Z23 pads and MMR caliper bolts instead of the Ford ones. Super easy swap, and they feel great. Plus they fill out the 20's nicely. One additional change I made was replacing the bleeder screws. I like to make service easier, so being able to bleed the brakes with just me, myself, and I was something I wanted. I'd been recommended the Stahlbus speed bleeders. They just replace the factory screws, get torqued into place, and I loosen the top bolt (under the cap) to bleed. No need to tighten, loosen, tighten, loosen and have a 2nd person. Got recommended these by a friend who tracks his Porsches so they stand up to more abuse than I'll put them through.

Brembos.jpg Bleeders.jpg

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Curious about the bleeders (brakes look great by the way). I'm assuming it's a one-way valve? Might be somewhat more convenient, but won't you need to add some hose lengths so your brake fluid doesn't go everywhere?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Curious about the bleeders (brakes look great by the way). I'm assuming it's a one-way valve? Might be somewhat more convenient, but won't you need to add some hose lengths so your brake fluid doesn't go everywhere?
Yes, one-way check valve. Seems to be the only speed bleeder I've found that gets good reviews. Yes you have to add some hose to it so you don't just spray fluid all over the place, but you don't need to worry about closing it until you're done, air or dirty fluid won't go back in. Just pump until no bubbles and close it back up.