Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Some of us here like to use an oil extractor instead of getting underneath. Works pretty good.
Ya don't get to look around under the vehicle with that system.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
got it all packed up and loaded with its sibling for its trip west. to address any comments, there is approx 1000lbs of tools and gear ahead of the explorer in the trailer--despite the fatass in the back, its load balanced.

side note. if there are any users here in southern idaho or American Fork, UT and you want to meet up or know of a good shop you trust to do mechanical work, body work, or detailing (paint correction/PPF/tint), please PM me. My shop wont be finished for awhile and I'm staying in Utah until our Idaho house is built so I'm without my usual resources for the next year.

IMG_3213.JPG
IMG_3216.JPG

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Some of us here like to use an oil extractor instead of getting underneath. Works pretty good.
Wh
got it all packed up and loaded with its sibling for its trip west. to address any comments, there is approx 1000lbs of tools and gear ahead of the explorer in the trailer--despite the fatass in the back, its load balanced.

side note. if there are any users here in southern idaho or American Fork, UT and you want to meet up or know of a good shop you trust to do mechanical work, body work, or detailing (paint correction/PPF/tint), please PM me. My shop wont be finished for awhile and I'm staying in Utah until our Idaho house is built so I'm without my usual resources for the next year.

View attachment 12801
View attachment 12802
nice white one just like mine !!!
Sweet that truck is just a dream to drive enjoy !

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Did the three bolt PCM recall today.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Ordered whoosh bov spacer and black emblems.

Ford is coming out next week to replace the fogging front camera and fix the blue screening rear camera. I figured since they have to take off the front grill, I might as well use it to my advantage and change the emblem.

Next up, exhaust system to get a better sound and get rid of the factory mid pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
What did I do to it today? Drove my ST to the office and back, about 85 miles round trip, mostly highways - and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Not confessing to anything, but some speed laws might have been broken (every chance I got).

I had been talking to my local Ford dealer for 2 years, but just couldn't pull the trigger. A month ago I said, "WTF" and took the leap. Had I known how much I would enjoy this vehicle I would have bought long ago. Coming out of a chipped and sport suspensioned BMW X1, which was a lot of fun to drive, but I'm loving this.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Couldn't agree more! I had a 2011 CTS-V hopped up to 700HP, then I went to full sized 3500 series pickups. Then I bought the ST and felt reasonably impressed with it's quickness and handling. After driving it for 3 months the thrill is gone and I feel I need to load my tune(y)

For what it is, I have been pretty impressed with the ST.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
What did I do to it today? Drove my ST to the office and back, about 85 miles round trip, mostly highways - and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Not confessing to anything, but some speed laws might have been broken (every chance I got).

I had been talking to my local Ford dealer for 2 years, but just couldn't pull the trigger. A month ago I said, "WTF" and took the leap. Had I known how much I would enjoy this vehicle I would have bought long ago. Coming out of a chipped and sport suspensioned BMW X1, which was a lot of fun to drive, but I'm loving this.
I hear you. I went from a xlt with 2.3 to the ST. It drives and handles completely different. Ford did a great job on this explorer.

Last edited:

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
FINALLY!! Ordered these in early February and just got in. Thanks @ron@whooshmotorsports! Going to put these bad boys on Tuesday.
Those HR? Interesting they go progressive on what I think is the fronts. I just did the Steedas and they were not progressive but I like them. Doesn't drop much and keeps the rake. Let us know what you think once you get them installed.

Reactions
Sent all th documentation in for my buyback. Good bye dori the explorer. You were fun when you worked.

JRizzle

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Those HR? Interesting they go progressive on what I think is the fronts. I just did the Steedas and they were not progressive but I like them. Doesn't drop much and keeps the rake. Let us know what you think once you get them installed.
Yea they're H&R. The two middle springs are the fronts. Advertised to be more level than the steeda springs and have a better ride but to each their own. I'll give my opinion when I get them on.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Level and a little lower seems to be the consensus on this site but for the most part, I've read plenty of posts on this forum that claim Steeda's ride is what you want. I guess it's a to each their own.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Whoosh BOV spacer installed…. Whoooosssh

Reactions
Ordered ZFG 93 tune. I read a lot of reviews and insight but with all things considered im still a total newb when it comes to tunes. I asked to show gears with Sport mode. Anything else to consider? Just looking for a little more power on a daily driver. Also, anyone know if the RTD+ is still on backorder?

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Just got 70% ceramic tint on windshield…makes a world of difference especially in TX!!! It’s 104 out right now!! WTF!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Just got 70% ceramic tint on windshield…makes a world of difference especially in TX!!! It’s 104 out right now!! WTF!!
Yes! It’s like living in an oven right now here in Texas. Time for a bigger intercooler.

Last edited:

Explorer ST Posts