Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What did you pay for your ST

Reactions
MSRP was 61 plus (Street pack, tech, moon, rear-seat entertainment) and was a demo with 5k. They took 12k off of that. Didnt much care for the rear seat headrest monitors, but hey they're there and that's the best deal that was left out there.

Reactions
MSRP - $57,000
Dealer Discount - $4,500
Ford Rebate - $5,750
Total before TTL - $46,750

0% APR for 72 months
No payments for 90 days

TriSum

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
$11,707.00 off MSRP with trade in allowance. Gave me what I wanted for my trade and 0% for 72 months. 2020 with a 9/20 build date so hopefully has all the 2021 updates.

Reactions
$11,707.00 off MSRP with trade in allowance. Gave me what I wanted for my trade and 0% for 72 months. 2020 with a 9/20 build date so hopefully has all the 2021 updates.
What actually were the updates? Mine is a December 2019 build so I am hoping enough of the gremlins were worked out. Dealer looked through their system and nothing was noted that should be done on the truck.

TriSum

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
What actually were the updates? Mine is a December 2019 build so I am hoping enough of the gremlins were worked out. Dealer looked through their system and nothing was noted that should be done on the truck.
There is a guy on FB that works on the assembly line for the ST. He was stating some of the changes that they have made to the later models to address all of the issues the early builds have. I believe, (could be wrong here), that as of May 2020 most of the updates were added.

By updates, I mean fixes to issues, not adding new things to the vehicle. I know one that stands out was changing the wiring harness under the dash and how it is routed because the other was rubbing and breaking wires. Things like this are always updated throughout build dates.

Reactions
There is a guy on FB that works on the assembly line for the ST. He was stating some of the changes that they have made to the later models to address all of the issues the early builds have. I believe, (could be wrong here), that as of May 2020 most of the updates were added.

By updates, I mean fixes to issues, not adding new things to the vehicle. I know one that stands out was changing the wiring harness under the dash and how it is routed because the other was rubbing and breaking wires. Things like this are always updated throughout build dates.
From what i found, job 1 trucks were through the first part of 2020 but there was obviously a plant shutown. Defective transmissions were replaced and the frame was re enforced around the driver footwell on job 2, which was may of this year after plant start up post shutdown. Apparentely the frame fix bumped the Explorer in to the highest saftey rating with consumer affairs relative to crash testing

Last edited:

Blackssr

Reactions
Sticker $58380, 2021 White, Paid $ 52798.77 OTD, No trade, 20000 cash and balance @ 0.9% for 4 years.
Daily driver but pampered and we keep in temperature controlled garage. ~670 / month direct withdrawal.
Have the ST for only three weeks now. Just turned 511 miles. Didn't even get payment book yet. 20210120_144531.jpg

Last edited:

KB-racer

Reactions
Based on history, if anyone knows, does FORD tend to do national Mfr incentives in February (for driving Pres Day sales)? That is, should I 'generally' expect to see more price movement in Feb as compared to end of Jan? I understand there may be some dealer here that needs to hit a quota for end of Jan and may get aggressive. But so far, they've been a little shy. Thanks!

thholr

Reactions
MSRP was $56,xxx paid $45000. Cheaper than I could find a used 2020 for.

KB-racer

Reactions
I'm planning/hoping to get a deal completed during next week. I read somewhere that Ford (along with a few of MFRs) tend to announce "last minute" incentives in advance of the Pres Day weekend. That would be nice.

Jcmeiz

Reactions
Anyone had much luck negotiating on a 2021 yet? I’m currently in the market for an ST, but haven’t found the “one” yet. Best price I’ve found was ~$52,500 ($58,645 msrp - street pack, tech pack, moonroof, & bench seat) from a dealer in the Pacific Northwest. Any idea if there is more room there? Thanks in advance!

John

thholr

Reactions
Anyone had much luck negotiating on a 2021 yet? I’m currently in the market for an ST, but haven’t found the “one” yet. Best price I’ve found was ~$52,500 ($58,645 msrp - street pack, tech pack, moonroof, & bench seat) from a dealer in the Pacific Northwest. Any idea if there is more room there? Thanks in advance!

John
I looked around when buying my 2020 and couldn’t find anyone doing more then 5500-6000 off. So I think that is all you are going to find while they still have 20s on the lot. Later in 21 you will have better luck.