Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What did you pay for your ST

Reactions
Yeah you’re right. After looking some more, you’re right. Just tough that a lot of these vehicles were close to 40k 5 months ago.
2020's with 3k miles on them? Their sticker is 62k.

Reactions
right now all that’s offered is incentivized rates and 750 trade in assistance. And no dealer is discounting an ST. They don’t have to. And most dealers will not accept any ford plan deals. Crazy market right now.

Reactions
Thanks, I was a little curious about prices hitting 40k.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
2020's with 3k miles on them? Their sticker is 62k.
eh the ones that were around 40 were around 20k miles. That low of miles maybe mid 40s. Either way for the given market, you did well. Enjoy! I just know that earlier this year you could get a brand new 2020 for around 50k. I’ve never seen a explorer stickered above 60k ST.

Reactions
2021 ST w/ street pack, twin panel roof, tech package, floor liners, roof rack side rails, tinted front windows, Winter Tire Setup - Brand New Ford 18" PIU rims with used Goodyear WinterCommand tires (90% tread) with TPMS sensors. Also 7 year/ 160,000km bumper to bumper warranty.

After Converted from CAN $....
$53,700 (US) + Taxes (Ontario)

First time buying a brand new vehicle, felt pretty good about the final purchase but hard to know how good a deal it was or wasn't...

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
2021 ST w/ street pack, twin panel roof, tech package, floor liners, roof rack side rails, tinted front windows, Winter Tire Setup - Brand New Ford 18" PIU rims with used Goodyear WinterCommand tires (90% tread) with TPMS sensors. Also 7 year/ 160,000km bumper to bumper warranty.

After Converted from CAN $....
$53,700 (US) + Taxes (Ontario)

First time buying a brand new vehicle, felt pretty good about the final purchase but hard to know how good a deal it was or wasn't...
sounds like a legit deal to me. Seems to me pretty much loaded and under mrsp good deal! I’d buy now if I could find that kind of deal.

Reactions
sounds like a legit deal to me. Seems to me pretty much loaded and under mrsp good deal! I’d buy now if I could find that kind of deal.
Damn thats a great deal. I missed out

PGas32

Reactions
right now all that’s offered is incentivized rates and 750 trade in assistance. And no dealer is discounting an ST. They don’t have to. And most dealers will not accept any ford plan deals. Crazy market right now.
I was able to find a dealer willing to do X-Plan, plus Ford is offering $1k to build your own order so that's what I just locked in. And I should be able to get whatever public incentives are available when I actually take delivery

PGas32

Reactions
It's a Ford-affiliate program that basically gets you invoice pricing with no haggling. I'm eligible through my employer (as are most big corporate employees, I'd imagine), and you're also eligible if you own Ford stock. If you find out that you're eligible for X-Plan, you generate a PIN # and give it to the dealer and that's it. In normal times it's just an OK deal, but I was thrilled to get it in today's environment.

RCF71

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
We just bought ours and paid X-Plan pricing (~4% off of MSRP) plus $500 trade in rebate and 1.9% for 60 months (not great today, think USAA is about the same). Most dealers around me (west side of Houston, TX) were honoring X-Plan on Explorers.

I am eligible through my company as well because we are a large plastics supplier to Ford.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It's a Ford-affiliate program that basically gets you invoice pricing with no haggling. I'm eligible through my employer (as are most big corporate employees, I'd imagine), and you're also eligible if you own Ford stock. If you find out that you're eligible for X-Plan, you generate a PIN # and give it to the dealer and that's it. In normal times it's just an OK deal, but I was thrilled to get it in today's environment.
So I can buy one share of Ford stock and be eligible for this X plan?

PGas32

Reactions
So I can buy one share of Ford stock and be eligible for this X plan?
Per Ford's IR site, you need 100 shares and to have held them for at least 6 months

Mstryszo

Reactions
MSRP$58,395
Paid $57,995
I was able to get the $400 off Costco Auto Buying Program. Happy that I got anything off, one dealer wanted 3k over MSRP

STmtn

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
MSRP$58,395
Paid $57,995
I was able to get the $400 off Costco Auto Buying Program. Happy that I got anything off, one dealer wanted 3k over MSRP
"400 off from costco"
Here in the oc... 2 months ago it was X00 below invoice then last month X00 over invoice .... now nothing/nada/zip from costco on ST
we are going to get the 1000 off custom order and the 500 off military
sticker 55240 minus incentives so not bad...
on the lot they are charging 2500 over sticker... and they are gone in a day...no thank you, I will wait for my baby and get the garage ready.:)
btw congrats on the ST[coolsmile]

ST Dad

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Got mine for $55,665 OTD with street pack, twin panel roof, tech package, floor liners, roof rack side rails, tinted front windows and paid off my trade - 2018 Explorer Limited.

Reactions
Purchased new on 03/28/2021

Street Pack
Roof-Rack Side Rails
2nd Row Split Bench Seat

$55,590 --- MSRP including Destination and Delivery (Ford MSRP, no dealer add-ons)
- $3,810 --- Dealer discount
= $51,780 --- Dealer selling price before Ford rebates

- $750 --- Ford Rebate based on VIN
- $2,250 --- Ford Trade-In Rebate (in addition to negotiated value of trade-in, which ended up a bit above Kelly Blue Book trade-in value)

= $48,780 --- Dealer selling price after Ford Rebates

+ $5,676 --- Tax (9.5% in Los Angeles County) and Calif. vehicle fees

= $54,456 OTD (not including value of trade-in)

Kelly Blue Book showed an invoice of $53,381 on my ST configuration at the time I bought it in March.

This has probably already been discussed on this forum, but looking at window stickers on ST inventory since my purchase, it looks like the pricing and configurations changed a bit.

Last edited:

Nitsuj

Reactions
Purchased 8/30/21 using X-Plan. At first, the salesman said they wouldn't do X-Plan and most dealers are selling above MSRP, I said I wouldn't pay MSRP let alone going above it. I hung up and about 3 minutes later they called back and said if I bought before month-end they would do X-Plan. DEAL!

MSRP $59.2k
OTD $56.3k

Reactions
Got mine used - 2020 ST for $49,690 (14k miles, pana roof and the vertical screen). I had a trade-in (2020 Honda Accord Hybrid - which I was leasing and had two years left in the lease - which the Ford dealer paid it off for me and gave me $1000 credit towards the purchase of the ST). Gonna miss the Accord Hybrid (gas was sweet) - but needed a bigger car for the family.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
This is interesting. I couldn’t find anything about owning 100 shares of Ford Stock. Do you have that info? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk