Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What did you pay for your ST

Reactions
Why would dealerships be selling for under invoice on high demand vehicles?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Why would dealerships be selling for under invoice on high demand vehicles?
I think it’s the high volume dealers that are able to do it in this market. Plus I think these dealers get many out of state deals which makes even selling under invoice, a profitable business model for them. I ordered my 22 ST out of state because I got under invoice which no one was willing to do around me.

MrHoward

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Reactions
I think it’s the high volume dealers that are able to do it in this market. Plus I think these dealers get many out of state deals which makes even selling under invoice, a profitable business model for them. I ordered my 22 ST out of state because I got under invoice which no one was willing to do around me.
I may be wrong but I also think that customer ordered vehicles do not count toward their yearly vehicle allocation, so it allows them to sell more vehicles then they would be able to just by selling what they have on the lot.

Im pretty sure for Chapman, the deal is ONLY on orders. If the truck is on the lot, you are paying market price.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I may be wrong but I also think that customer ordered vehicles do not count toward their yearly vehicle allocation, so it allows them to sell more vehicles then they would be able to just by selling what they have on the lot.

Im pretty sure for Chapman, the deal is ONLY on orders. If the truck is on the lot, you are paying market price.
oh yeah I think you’re actually right. I’ve heard that before.
I ordered from Chapman. You’re right on that too. No deals for cars on lot.

Reactions
I'm getting invoice on a 22 order. It's about 2300 off MSRP if I remember right. They gave me a fair price on my trade in, so I can think I did well. Got more for my 3 year old truck than I paid for it new.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm getting invoice on a 22 order. It's about 2300 off MSRP if I remember right. They gave me a fair price on my trade in, so I can think I did well. Got more for my 3 year old truck than I paid for it new.
Did you already trade in your truck?

Reactions
Did you already trade in your truck?
I did. I wanted to make sure I got it while prices were high and they assured me it would still count as a trade in in regards to not paying taxes on that amount.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I did. I wanted to make sure I got it while prices were high and they assured me it would still count as a trade in in regards to not paying taxes on that amount.
Nice! I unfortunately don’t have any extra cars to use so I have to wait until my 22 comes in. I’m hoping trade in values remain on the high end for the rest of the year.

Reactions
Nice! I unfortunately don’t have any extra cars to use so I have to wait until my 22 comes in. I’m hoping trade in values remain on the high end for the rest of the year.
Its not ideal, but no path was. I have a company vehicle until around Jan 10 I can over use some. I'm a really sceptical person and I felt like if I waited they would low ball me because what could I do? If I sold elsewhere I would have lost about 3k in tax savings, so I needed all the numbers from the get go.

Im not sure exactly when my order went in, but I think September 30. They didn't seem to be in a rush

mramella

Reactions
Newbie here... Been hunting around for a good deal on a new ST. I know times are crazy right now due to the chip shortage...

In my area (St. Louis, MO), for a new 2021, best I've been able to get is $57,552 out-the-door (includes $500 rebate, plus $499 doc fee, does not include taxes, here in Missouri, we pay taxes separately at the DMV when we title our vehicles). MSRP is $58,645. Not a very good deal. :cautious:

I was able to find a few dealers willing to do a customer 2022 order for invoice, plus doc fee, plus any available rebates when the ST is delivered.

Any suggestions for dealers roughly 250 miles within St. Louis, MO? I see some folks are getting several percentage points below invoice on a customer order. I don't mind waiting for a 2022 :).

Thanks!

Stephen

Reactions
What interest rate are people getting for their new 22s?
When I ordered in July they had no idea what rates would be. Mines been built this week and will arrive in December. I'd like to know if there's better rates than the dealership will tell me.
Mostly interested in Canadian rates but never hurts to know the rates in the US either.

mramella

Reactions
What interest rate are people getting for their new 22s?
When I ordered in July they had no idea what rates would be. Mines been built this week and will arrive in December. I'd like to know if there's better rates than the dealership will tell me.
Mostly interested in Canadian rates but never hurts to know the rates in the US either.
I plan on taking advantage of the factory offer of 0% for 36 months option. I usually don't like to take out loans, but for 0% interest, I'll make an exception.

Not sure if 0% is an option in Canada.

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
22 AWD, Street pack
4% under invoice $47,600 from Chapman
Order submitted 11/19/21 ABD7285E-813D-41FA-8273-4B1BACFDC002.jpeg

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
22 AWD, Street pack
Order submitted 11/19/21 View attachment 8607
Wait how so cheap? Or for what you got, what was your mrsp before 4% under invoice. I also ordered from them and got same deal.

guessing by the numbers you didn’t get the 401, tech package, or sunroof?

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Wait how so cheap? Or for what you got, what was your mrsp before 4% under invoice. I also ordered from them and got same deal.

guessing by the numbers you didn’t get the 401, tech package, or sunroof?
Correct. No tech package or sunroof
MSRP 51,535

Reactions
22 AWD, Street pack
Order submitted 11/19/21 View attachment 8607
You did good!

MY22 here. Awd, 400a, street pack, 360 assist for 46,600 w/a-plan and incentives. Msrp just under 53k

Reactions
Seems like everyone got 4% off but me. They were only doing 3% when I put in my order.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk