Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What are some of your other hobbies?

Rmans911

Reactions
Besid s my cars and trucks .

I collect guns , have been for about 40 years, and a shooter, having 2 ranges on my property.
Here's just a take on a family. My 45-70 family.
View attachment 3716

Jim
Uhhhhm...can I come shoot with you?!?! I’m an FFL and a firearms instructor and love anything that goes BANG! I’ll bring the newer rifles along :)

R.P.

Reactions
We just purchased our ST last week, researched them ALOT before investing, & got extremely lucky to find the right one surprisingly fast (used 21 with only 450 miles, PO owned 8 days)
It's VERY refreshing to see the age of enthusiasts that are drawn to this fine machine...
Being in my 40's as well, some of my other hobbies include a younger crowd, whom I just don't mesh well with..
I suppose I'm an older soul than my age?

For YEARS, I've been a die hard golf degenerate...
Yes, I'm the idiot you'd see out in frigid temps, 40MPH winds, etc etc
Since relocating to Boise, ID mid last year, that has come to a halt...
But I too enjoy firearms (Glocks mostly) and have accumulated some of the good ones

But being what this forum is... I am absolutely a gear head at heart
I've been addicted to scooters since I was a young lad.. and acquired my 1st bike my Jr year of HS
(Ninja 500ex)
I've had too many to list over the years, but my current stable includes
2003 HD Night Train
2011 HD Street Glide
2003 Honda RC51

Still getting settled into the new homestead, but I'm counting the days until I start of the restoration on my baby...
1941 Ford Pickup
Been on my bucket list for over 20 years as my 1st truck was a 56 F100 (another bucket list rig)

Last edited:
Reactions
Being Santa is both a hobby and a vocation for me. I’m in costume seven months out of a year and it’s the best job in the world. I also do firearms, cooking, and I read voraciously. I just turned 75 and bought myself a little present, as you can see in the picture.

Attachments

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #24
Being Santa is both a hobby and a vocation for me. I’m in costume seven months out of a year and it’s the best job in the world. I also do firearms, cooking, and I read voraciously. I just turned 75 and bought myself a little present, as you can see in the picture.
I am more interested in the RV. I have a 40 ft. Diesel pusher at my home in Lakeland Florida. Is that yours in the picture?

Reactions
Yup, 2002 Monaco Dynasty. I’ve been full timing since 2011 and have stayed in one place for the last four years after I got this Santa gig.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #26
Yup, 2002 Monaco Dynasty. I’ve been full timing since 2011 and have stayed in one place for the last four years after I got this Santa gig.
That is awesome. I am jealous.... We have a 2019 Newmar Ventana w/triple slide. Not full timers yet but take 3 month trips. I just turned 51 but delayed hitting the road again because of Covid. Wife just graduated Med School (35 years old). We are in the process of opening a joint office with established Oncologists so we can hit the road. She will be a Dr. in name only. I warned her that I can never be Mr. Dr.... Hahaha.. I helped her fulfil her dream since she was a little girl and helped get there but that is it... Time to enjoy life.

Reactions
I restore classic Broncos with my high school buddy on weekends, we started after he and I built my 72 bronco and I started entering it car shows, when a gentleman asked me if I was interested in two more early broncos.
Well ! it started to snowball from there, between the both of us we now own 13 of them. After restoring them we turn around and sell them to fellow early bronco enthusiasts, we take what money was made from one bronco and just put back into the next one, so definitely a labor of love.
He are a few picks of what we have done in the last 3 years and what we have left to still do. I will add each year in the order of the picks
1971 sport (sold)
1971 sport (sold)
1973 Explorer (sold)
1976 (in progress)
1971 half cab (in progress)
1968 (in progress)

Next builds
1972 Ranger

Attachments

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #29
I restore classic Broncos with my high school buddy on weekends, we started after he and I built my 72 bronco and I started entering it car shows, when a gentleman asked me if I was interested in two more early broncos.
Well ! it started to snowball from there, between the both of us we now own 13 of them. After restoring them we turn around and sell them to fellow early bronco enthusiasts, we take what money was made from one bronco and just put back into the next one, so definitely a labor of love.
He are a few picks of what we have done in the last 3 years and what we have left to still do. I will add each year in the order of the picks
1971 sport (sold)
1971 sport (sold)
1973 Explorer (sold)
1976 (in progress)
1971 half cab (in progress)
1968 (in progress)

Next builds
1972 Ranger
Now that is a cool hobby... Spending time with your bud and rebuilding classics.. not a better way to spend off time.. Kudos to the pair of you.
Can I come and hang out?..

Last edited:
Reactions
Now that is a cool hobby... Spending time with you bud and re building classics.. not a better way to spend off time.. Kudos to the pair of you.
Can I come and hang out?..
Absolutely anytime:)

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #31
My favorite body style is the 1993 .The one OJ Simpson made famous... Actually love it in white also.

Reactions
My favorite body style is the 1993 .The one OJ Simpson made famous... Actually love it in white also.
Those are cool as well, but we only restore from 66 to 77 , nothing computerized about those years. lol

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #34
Attached are my two hobbies. Both of those GTO's keep me busy.
I'll take the "Red" one please. Spectacular.
With regard to the remake.. IMHO GM missed the mark. If they had made it retro, sales would have been through the roof. Dodge made the same error with the Charger(twice). However, they hit a homerun with the retro Challenger. Now we need a Hemi 'Cuda and sales will explode. I will be the first in line.

Last edited:

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thanks I have taken several Gold Concours awards at the GTO Nationals with it Taking the 05 this year to the Nationals. Hoping for a Gold.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #36
Thanks I have taken several Gold Concours awards at the GTO Nationals with it Taking the 05 this year to the Nationals. Hoping for a Gold.
As young teenager, I frequented a Mom and Pop Italian restaurant for Pizza and Chicken Parm Heros. The owner had an original Orange (Maybe 1970???) Judge GTO and I often think about that car today. I was maybe 13-14 at the time and road my bicycle to get lunch. That is the earliest memory I have of falling in love with muscle cars. It never let up and still makes my heart race.

Young pretty women, Cool Cars, and good food. The essentials of life that any Red Blooded Male needs to survive. LOL.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Trust me I understand the need for speed.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #38
Trust me I understand the need for speed.
We have an 800HP Hellcat Challenger and a 800HP Trackhawk.. I get it. ;-)

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #40
That C8 is breathtaking, kudos and drive in good health. I called Kerbeck to see if they had a C8 white convertible on the lot. They thought I asked to meet the pope for lunch. No such luck and I'm not getting on a list, I'll change my mind five times before the car arrives. I miss the days when you could just go to the dealership throw down your cash and bring the car home. The world sucks right now. Did you pay over sticker for it may I ask because kerbeck is list. No dealer markup.

Explorer ST Posts