Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What are some of your other hobbies?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Was gifted a Rolex for Christmas. Will never wear it. Thinking of selling it. Where can I get the best bang fir my buck if I decide to? Have all original packaging, sales card etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trade it with Crown & Caliber. They are AMAZING. Per your style reqs. I would say look into Bremont or Omega. The cool thing about nice watches is that they don't really lose value depending on the model. I have 3 watch "styles" that I swap around with C&C at least twice a year. They even let you demo watches to make sure you like them. I'm almost never out any money (unless I decide to do a serious upgrade) and over time due to appreciation sometimes I've "earned" an upgrade. I'm currently running a canvas strap dive, an aviator, and a leather-strapped speedmaster. Life is too short to stick with one watch for the rest of your life.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Movies ! ... wife and I are huge movie freaks and would go to theaters probably twice a week for day dates. Pre COVID

Built out a nice little theater room in the house also. Custom step ups for second row.

Recently my Martin Logan center blew so just got some klipsch reference and they sound pretty damn good . Not the greatest pics.

Last edited:
OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #83
Movies ! ... wife and I are huge movie freaks and would go to theaters probably twice a week for day dates. Pre COVID

Built out a nice little theater room in the house also. Custom step ups for second row.

Recently my Martin Logan center blew so just got some klipsch reference and they sound pretty damn good . Not the greatest pics.

Very nice. Atmos yet? Looks awesome. Everything is bigger in Texas!
Favorite Movie?

Last edited:

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I still have the martin Logan electrostatics in the ceiling. No atmos. But my Sw-450 subs kick ass. Spent too much money on Martin Logan and they are great but not happy my center and one tower in the living room blew out.

Favorite movie... anything marvel. I’m 42 and still a kid. Watched all the die hards last week also.

Last edited:
OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #85
I still have the martin Logan electrostatics in the ceiling. No atmos. But my Sw-450 subs kick ass. Spent too much money on Martin Logan and they are great but not happy my center and one tower in the living room blew out.

Favorite movie... anything marvel. I’m 42 and still a kid. Watched all the die hards last week also.

Huge Scorsese fan here. I love the MCU movies as well but agree with Martin when he said they are not Cinema. They are like a Chinese food: They are great at the time but wear off in a few hours. Scorsese's body of work speaks for itself. The Irishmen, Goodfellas and The Wolf of Wall Street are legendary. Just my take.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Huge Scorsese fan here. I love the MCU movies as well but agree with Martin when he said they are not Cinema. They are like a Chinese food: They are great at the time but wear off in a few hours. Scorsese's body of work speaks for itself. The Irishmen, Goodfellas and The Wolf of Wall Street are legendary. Just my take.
Great movies !

Reactions
Those are some awesome hobbies! I try to get out on track at least monthly. I really like the SCCA time trials. At least the tires are mot too pricey for the small size. 59479226-IMG_4664.jpg 59479225-F74G8389.jpg

Reactions
Motocross, that's been my life. Been around it and motorcycles since mid-70's in one capacity or another, racer, announcer, track boss, worked for a bike shop, worked for a distributor in MC's and the last 20 years I started and recently sold my company Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant....that's why the name, I'm Dave.

I kind of follow many kinds of racing, so that's been my hobby....watching racing.

I have traveled to motocross races all over the US and EU, even went to a race in Moscow, RU once. I usually went to Germany every year for one of the ADAC Supercross races in Dortmund, Chemnitz, Munich and Stuttgart. (Mercedes Benz Museum is awesome!).

Put two turtles on a table and I'll watch 'em race

BTW, I have a Rolex 126613LB. It's the new 2020 Sub in blue, two tone bracelet. The big difference is the face lettering is white, and not gold. It's brightens the face a lot.

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Nice Rolex. I need to get a Rolex submariner since I was a submariner. My birthday is coming up fellas :D

Reactions
My 3D printer just came in so I’m sure I’ll be busy with that. First thing on the menu is a custom phone mount for the ST!

Hemikc4x4

Reactions
BTW, I have a Rolex 126613LB. It's the new 2020 Sub in blue, two tone bracelet. The big difference is the face lettering is white, and not gold. It's brightens the face a lot.

I like Rolex’s myself. Bought my one and only one myself about 5 years ago.Mine is a 116710 BLNR. Also called “Batman”
D711F012-3F22-480B-BED5-BA7849BF2417.jpeg

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I'd like to say I collect watches but I only have three. My tastes far exceed my budget to be an avid collector. Besides my Apple watch, I have a TAG and Torgoen. The TAG is an 18K rose gold and stainless watch that took me forever to pick out. I'd love to have a Rolex and I like Breitlings as well.

My TAG:

283a.jpg

My new beater Torgoen T18 Carbon Fiber:

OP_1240s_1_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Long-distance motorcycle rides, usually pick a direction and go for about a month. No Yo-Yo trips always come back a different route.

1117200946_HDR.jpg

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
^^ Very nice. I also really like the Gulf Monaco TAG Heuer......trying to justify the purchase is hard though.

Explorer ST Posts