Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What are some of your other hobbies?

Reactions
That C8 is breathtaking, kudos and drive in good health. I called Kerbeck to see if they had a C8 white convertible on the lot. They thought I asked to meet the pope for lunch. No such luck and I'm not getting on a list, I'll change my mind five times before the car arrives. I miss the days when you could just go to the dealership throw down your cash and bring the car home. The world sucks right now. Did you pay over sticker for it may I ask because kerbeck is list. No dealer markup.
5k over but I’ve had the car for a yr. vin 690. It was worth every dollar!

Reactions

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I love running and going to Ocean City, Maryland. Just an hour away for me. You guys should check it out, there are a few awesome car shows each year. People sit along the sidewalks all night looking and listening to some really nice cars, suvs, etc. Oh, and I am 51 and have a 4 year old, so it will be some time before I venture into other hobbies.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Good looking T37. I have two goats (GTO's) a 68 restored and a 05. Taken several gold awards with the 68 at the GTOAA Nationals.

WhtST

Reactions
My car is more of a play car. 455, 035 over, with a tko600. But I put my 350 emblems back on the car. I say its just a 350 Pontiac, unless you know the casting numbers you wouldn't know the difference!

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #48
I will finish my car this year...or next! 71 Lemans, with some spicy seasoning.
Cars had just spectacular beautiful body lines back in the day. Detroit had the most creative designers in the world. Somehow they lost their way. Do not even get me started on how "Butt Ass Ugly" Teslas are. LOL

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
They would when you hit the accelerator. Sounds good. Keep Pontiac alive.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #50
I love running and going to Ocean City, Maryland. Just an hour away for me. You guys should check it out, there are a few awesome car shows each year. People sit along the sidewalks all night looking and listening to some really nice cars, suvs, etc. Oh, and I am 51 and have a 4 year old, so it will be some time before I venture into other hobbies.
May I ask where we you stationed? and thank you for your service. Was it the PI?

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I have lots of interests and hobbies. Sometimes I wish there was only one specific hobby or interest. I instruct with the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) for fun. I'm currently using my 2019 C7 Z06 for track duty. It does very well.

Front1.jpg

60462138_10205965453573657_306347926890741760_n.jpg

I also build custom pc's. My latest water-cooled office computer.

IMG_3197-001.JPG

I'm what I would consider an amateur audiophile. Built all my own wiring and connectors.

016.jpg

Father and son engine building project for my son's right hand drive 180SX. Fully built/forged SR20DET. He's learning a lot.

76693269_10206698218052311_4933353041395974144_o.jpg

I use to build mountain bikes a long time ago (I'm 56). Just recently built a new one for myself. Custom carbon fiber Felt bike I built from the frame up. I picked every piece/component I wanted.

106168045_10207690629101967_7387649933697126438_o.jpg

I also designed our backyard pool and deck project. Picked out all the plants/trees, etc. Me and two buddies built the TimberTech composite1200 square foot deck attached to the house. That was a pain but we like the results.

19221825_10203424371808201_1091316373073889960_o.jpg

19144124_10203424372728224_3983661660826609675_o.jpg

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #53
I have lots of interests and hobbies. Sometimes I wish there was only one specific hobby or interest. I instruct with the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) for fun. I'm currently using my 2019 C7 Z06 for track duty. It does very well.

View attachment 4566

View attachment 4567

I also build custom pc's. My latest water-cooled office computer.

View attachment 4568

I'm what I would consider an amateur audiophile. Built all my own wiring and connectors.

View attachment 4569

Father and son engine building project for my son's right hand drive 180SX. Fully built/forged SR20DET. He's learning a lot.

View attachment 4570

I use to build mountain bikes a long time ago (I'm 56). Just recently built a new one for myself. Custom carbon fiber Felt bike I built from the frame up. I picked every piece/component I wanted.

View attachment 4571

I also designed our backyard pool and deck project. Picked out all the plants/trees, etc. Me and two buddies built the TimberTech composite1200 square foot deck attached to the house. That was a pain but we like the results.

View attachment 4572

View attachment 4573
Your house is gorgeous. Truly beautiful. I live in South Florida and that house would be $10 million on the intercoastal in Fort Lauderdale or Miami. The ZO6 speaks for itself.

Too Funny.. I have the same Dell Monitor (U3818DW ? ) and the same chair from Office Max. (Super Comfy isn't it?)
Any luck finding a RTX3080 or RTX3090 at a normal price?
I have been going back and forth about building my next water cooled donation in this desk/case hybrid. I love it and I bet it will fetch $30,000 for charity at auction.
DK05F & DK04F - Electrical height adjustable table (lian-li.com)

This dude is the best fabricator in the world. His work is off the charts.
Declassified Systems - YouTube

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Your house is gorgeous. Truly beautiful. I live in South Florida and that house would be $10 million on the intercoastal in Fort Lauderdale or Miami. The ZO6 speaks for itself.

Too Funny.. I have the same Dell Monitor (U3818DW ? ) and the same chair from Office Max. (Super Comfy isn't it?)
Any luck finding a RTX3080 or RTX3090 at a normal price?
I have been going back and forth about building my next water cooled donation in this desk/case hybrid. I love it and I bet it will fetch $30,000 for charity at auction.
DK05F & DK04F - Electrical height adjustable table (lian-li.com)

This dude is the best fabricator in the world. His work is off the charts.
Declassified Systems - YouTube
Thanks for the compliment. I have a Lian Li type computer desk from like 15-20 years ago. It was only partially done as I was making it into a water cooled desk. I may have to break it out and build a new pc with it.

Ironically, the wife and I are going to start looking into a house in Florida. My last kid is almost out of the house and we don't need so much home anymore. Plus, I wouldn't have to cut 3 acres anymore.

59183152_10205898497499797_875324694385917952_o.jpg

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #55
Thanks for the compliment. I have a Lian Li type computer desk from like 15-20 years ago. It was only partially done as I was making it into a water cooled desk. I may have to break it out and build a new pc with it.

Ironically, the wife and I are going to start looking into a house in Florida. My last kid is almost out of the house and we don't need so much home anymore. Plus, I wouldn't have to cut 3 acres anymore.

View attachment 4574
Dude.... That f*&*king house is huge. How many kids did you have? 50? lol. My heart is racing just looking at it. 6000 Sq. ft. ?... (10 Million at least in South Florida. LOL) I worked at Little Creek and NOB for years when I Automated, Retrofitted and maintained the Military Sealift Command Fleet Tugs, TAOs and Supply Vessels.(T-ATF, TAOs and TAFS Class vessels). The weather sucks in VA. The damp air over the bay is unforgiving. I fell in love with South Florida when I came down for Spring Break and it took me 20 years to get here. Once my contracts moved my to Saudi , Bahrain and Dubai, I got acclimated to the hot weather and that was it. I sold my 1800 Sq. ft. house in New York for 1.2 million and purchased a 3200 sq. ft. in South Florida for $210,000. Big difference huh? hahah. For you, it would be the opposite, you want a mansion like that in South Florida... get ready to dig really deep. LOL.

Last thing: Where are your neighbors? It must be pitch black at night.

Last edited:
Reactions
Watches. It's a very fun hobby but also very annoying and can be very expensive. I've bought and sold countless Rolexes, Omegas, and Grand Seikos (for example).

After culling my collection down to 2 (and using a lot of the sales to fund house repairs and our upcoming 3rd floor), I am down to an Omega Seamaster Pro (white) and a Grand Seiko SBGA211 (Snowflake).

tempImage38wV57.png

IMG_0510.jpeg

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #57
Watches. It's a very fun hobby but also very annoying and can be very expensive. I've bought and sold countless Rolexes, Omegas, and Grand Seikos (for example).

After culling my collection down to 2 (and using a lot of the sales to fund house repairs and our upcoming 3rd floor), I am down to an Omega Seamaster Pro (white) and a Grand Seiko SBGA211 (Snowflake).

View attachment 4575

View attachment 4576
Very Nice.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
@DoingOK
You’ve been blessed, almost beyond measure. Really enjoyed your pictures.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #59
@DoingOK
You’ve been blessed, almost beyond measure. Really enjoyed your pictures.
The Aerial Shot did me in . LOL... It better be taken with a Drone and not his private Helicopter...

"There is always a bigger fish.. or house" in this case. It looks like he just purchased a large piece of land and built the biggest house he could fit on it. hahaha. I sitting here laughing to myself.

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
The Aerial Shot did me in . LOL... It better be taken with a Drone and not his private Helicopter...

"There is always a bigger fish.. or house" in this case. It looks like he just purchased a large piece of land and built the biggest house he could fit on it. hahaha. I sitting here laughing to myself.
Thank you kindly. It's a drone shot.....I'm scared of heights. Hence my career in the US Navy onboard submarines. ;-)