Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Welcome to the Explorer ST Forum, please post an introduction

Joe B

Reactions
Hi everyone! I have been lurking for months, but haven’t introduced myself. I picked up my ST on Sept 1st of 2019. I did a lot of research before settling on this model. Wanted maximum performance for my daily driver, towing capabilities for my scouts to haul their trailer and 4-wheel/all-wheel to get to work in the lovely Ohio winters. I feel like I got it all.

In my second week of ownership, I drove it to Ontario, Canada for an event and have never been happier. This truck is not perfect, but it’s perfect for me. I have had very few issues. There was a roof leak in the sun roof that required a trip to the dealer for warranty repairs, but thus far I seem to have avoided the major issue other members seem to have experienced. I love this performance truck.

Magnetic, Street Pack, Panoramic Sun Roof and Technology Pack. CFDD6948-7B85-4378-B85F-756334C134DF.jpeg

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard Joe.
Hi everyone! I have been lurking for months, but haven’t introduced myself. I picked up my ST on Sept 1st of 2019. I did a lot of research before settling on this model. Wanted maximum performance for my daily driver, towing capabilities for my scouts to haul their trailer and 4-wheel/all-wheel to get to work in the lovely Ohio winters. I feel like I got it all.

In my second week of ownership, I drove it to Ontario, Canada for an event and have never been happier. This truck is not perfect, but it’s perfect for me. I have had very few issues. There was a roof leak in the sun roof that required a trip to the dealer for warranty repairs, but thus far I seem to have avoided the major issue other members seem to have experienced. I love this performance truck.

Magnetic, Street Pack, Panoramic Sun Roof and Technology Pack. View attachment 1328

Reactions
Hello and welcome to Explorer ST Forum, the premier community for Explorer ST owners from around the world. Please take a moment and post your introduction and let us know a little bit about yourselves.
New Ford owner here. The lease on our 2017 Audi SQ5 matured and we were looking for a replacement. The ST looked like a good American-built substitute. Very happy so far.

Reactions
New Ford owner here. The lease on our 2017 Audi SQ5 matured and we were looking for a replacement. The ST looked like a good American-built substitute. Very happy so far.
Congrats! I had almost considered getting an SQ5 myself before learning about the ST.

Wildogz78

Reactions
Hey there. New member here - located in Vaughan, Ontario.

Picked my Explorer ST up from Formula Ford in Pickering about two weeks ago. Atlas Blue, Performance and Tech Packages, and Twin Panel Roof.

Haven't ever bought a Ford before. I upgraded from a 2012 G37 Coupe - I have two young boys that needed the extra leg room :p

Gotta say that Formula Ford treated me right - great deal despite these being hard to find at the moment, and a wicked value on my trade in. Highly recommend.

Almost 1,000km on it already - and loving every moment of it.

Attachments

Reactions
Hey there. New member here - located in Vaughan, Ontario.

Picked my Explorer ST up from Formula Ford in Pickering about two weeks ago. Atlas Blue, Performance and Tech Packages, and Twin Panel Roof.

Haven't ever bought a Ford before. I upgraded from a 2012 G37 Coupe - I have two young boys that needed the extra leg room :p

Gotta say that Formula Ford treated me right - great deal despite these being hard to find at the moment, and a wicked value on my trade in. Highly recommend.

Almost 1,000km on it already - and loving every moment of it.
Congrats

Decker90

Reactions
Hey everyone!
I just purchased my Explorer ST about a month ago, upgraded from a 2016 Nissan Pathfinder and man what a different driving experience compared to the pathfinder.
Loving the Explorer and the sound system they use now is way better than the Sony. I used to own a 2013 Ford Edge sport.
Anyway now I’m looking to upgrade my car I currently have a 2016 Nissan 370Z roadster. I was wondering does anybody have a mustang in the group?
Thank you

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Hey everyone!
I just purchased my Explorer ST about a month ago, upgraded from a 2016 Nissan Pathfinder and man what a different driving experience compared to the pathfinder.
Loving the Explorer and the sound system they use now is way better than the Sony. I used to own a 2013 Ford Edge sport.
Anyway now I’m looking to upgrade my car I currently have a 2016 Nissan 370Z roadster. I was wondering does anybody have a mustang in the group?
Thank you
Congrats and welcome!

SToked206

Reactions
Hey all, glad to be here. Just signed papers today for the (almost) exact ST I was hoping for. No leaky sunroof, a 2nd row bench seat and the high performance and tech package. They didn't have the Atlas Blue I was hoping for and I wasn't willing to wait for a special order so the sales manager hooked me up with my spec truck in white that was already on a train headed for this dealer. Luck? Serendipity? Don't care. Should be delivered next week, but I'll be sorry to see my '16 RS go. Onward and upward I guess.

Looking forward to sharing experiences and insights about a segment of vehicle I'd never considered owning before!

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Hey all, glad to be here. Just signed papers today for the (almost) exact ST I was hoping for. No leaky sunroof, a 2nd row bench seat and the high performance and tech package. They didn't have the Atlas Blue I was hoping for and I wasn't willing to wait for a special order so the sales manager hooked me up with my spec truck in white that was already on a train headed for this dealer. Luck? Serendipity? Don't care. Should be delivered next week, but I'll be sorry to see my '16 RS go. Onward and upward I guess.

Looking forward to sharing experiences and insights about a segment of vehicle I'd never considered owning before!
Congrats!

Reactions
Welcome all newcomers. Glad to see more and more ST owners joining the group.

Sparky

Reactions
Hey everyone, just bought my wife a black ST and thought I would check out the forum. We're an all Ford family that includes a 2014 F-150 ecoboost, and a 1995 Lightning. I'm looking forward to browsing around and learning from everyone's experience

Reactions
Hey everyone, just bought my wife a black ST and thought I would check out the forum. We're an all Ford family that includes a 2014 F-150 ecoboost, and a 1995 Lightning. I'm looking forward to browsing around and learning from everyone's experience
Welcome!

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard

PhilBenton

Reactions
Hello everyone,

The wife and I have been looking for a new car about a year before our Subaru Crosstrek was due to be paid off. We both had agreed on the 2019 Ford Explorer but when we saw the redesign for the 2020 we decided to wait. With the events of 2020 being what they've been, we didn't know if we should wait for the 2021's or not since we couldn't find an ST with the exact features we wanted locally. Last week I was surfing local dealership inventories and came across one that had everything *but* the 21" wheelset so we pulled the trigger and bought it this past weekend. The wife wanted an SUV, I wanted something with some *real* horsepower and this was the best compromise we could find, and I'm definitely happy with it.

Oh, and I kept the Subaru for my daily driver. It should make a good puddle jumper.

ST.jpg

Reactions
Sold my 2017 Tahoe yesterday and went and picked up my new 2020 ST in Silver Spruce. Big difference in power! New Explorer.jpg

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Congrats! I see you're in Lexington, I'm in Louisville and I bought mine from Pinnacle Ford

Reactions
Congrats! I see you're in Lexington, I'm in Louisville and I bought mine from Pinnacle Ford
I couldn't find anyone local that had inventory or willing to make a decent deal, ended up picking mine up at Beechmont Ford in Cincinnati.