Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Welcome to the Explorer ST Forum, please post an introduction

rxrep

Reactions
Hi all. Bought new March 2020. Haven't driven much - thanks COVID. Cosmetic mods so far. 20200518_181056_resized.jpg 20200518_180955_resized.jpg 20200518_195706_resized.jpg 20200518_200014_resized.jpg

RUBYREDST

Reactions
Hi!
My name is Katie Marks. I work at a car dealership(not Ford) and fell in LOVE when I saw an ST come in. I purchased my ST about 3 weeks ago and have added a few things since! I added window tint (15%) on the front windows and (50%) tint on the windshield. I also added a gloss black wrap to the roof and back c pillars to add a two tone look. I absolutely love this vehicle. My 1st Ford!! ❤️

Attachments

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Great minds think alike or so the saying goes...

Hi!
My name is Katie Marks. I work at a car dealership(not Ford) and fell in LOVE when I saw an ST come in. I purchased my ST about 3 weeks ago and have added a few things since! I added window tint (15%) on the front windows and (50%) tint on the windshield. I also added a gloss black wrap to the roof and back c pillars to add a two tone look. I absolutely love this vehicle. My 1st Ford!! ❤️

OHST

Reactions
Hi!
Love the wrap. Welcome to the community.

FORDMD2

Reactions
Hi all, we just picked up our new ST on Saturday. Have been a long time Ford owner. Wrenched on them for nearly 25yrs. This is my first new car ever!! So far I’m pretty impressed with this ride. Looking forward to seeing what y’all are doing with these things to make them your own. 558333FE-939D-434B-918D-29C5B1BCD6EE.jpeg

KegsBdry

Reactions
Said goodbye to the minivan 2011 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD after 6 years (previous BMW owner before that and won't go back)! First time Ford owner, husband had to talk me into the ST but once I decided I liked it there was no looking at anything else. Purchased the Magnetic color on December 5, 2019. View attachment 596
What kind of sweet car carrier is that? Looks real good!!!!

STilver

Reactions
What's up early adopters, Mike here. Took delivery of my ST two days ago, now at 176 miles. Came from a very bad Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel experience; it was a 2014, first model year for the diesel. So I have learned nothing as I plunge into the new model year of the Explorer. :) I'm enjoying the car so far, BUT... there's a leak on my garage floor. That's not good! Any idea on what that might be? I'm babying the car as I break it in, haven't really gotten into the throttle yet. Looking forward this adventure!
My garage and several places on the driveway are covered in same. After pursuing oil leaks for awhile, what I have come to find out is that is soot filled condensation (water) leaking out of "weep holes" from various places in the exhaust system. Haven't figured out how to deal with it, Ford will likely say it's "normal", but the exhaust should be letting some condensate (water) out of it, that shouldn't be filled with that much soot, which is basically from unburned fuel. They will attribute it to cold starts, short trips, etc, but I've seen fresh stains after 250 miles trips, etc. Hopefully you stopped babying it, because if anything that may make it worse...

Reactions
My garage and several places on the driveway are covered in same. After pursuing oil leaks for awhile, what I have come to find out is that is soot filled condensation (water) leaking out of "weep holes" from various places in the exhaust system. Haven't figured out how to deal with it, Ford will likely say it's "normal", but the exhaust should be letting some condensate (water) out of it, that shouldn't be filled with that much soot, which is basically from unburned fuel. They will attribute it to cold starts, short trips, etc, but I've seen fresh stains after 250 miles trips, etc. Hopefully you stopped babying it, because if anything that may make it worse...
Thanks for the reply STilver. Nope, not babying it. I'm at about 12K miles now, haven't had any major problems. The leaking I mentioned in the early post doesn't seem to be a problem, and your explanation makes sense. When I went in for my 5k and 10k oil changes, I had them look underneath to see if they saw anything, and they reported nothing. So, for now, all good! Thanks again for the follow up message!

Reactions
Hello, I’m new to the forum. I purchased an Explorer ST back in April and have logged about 1,400 miles so far, no trailer. I previously owned a 2018 Explorer Sport. I have no complaints so far and loving the car!

KegsBdry

Reactions
Those are just “recommendations.” :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd recommend not doing 70+mph with those tight restrictions. :oops:

Reactions
Hi Everyone,
My name is Ron and I have just ordered an ST. So I guess I am an enthusiast until delivery in a couple of months. I am going to roam the forum looking for tips and tricks until I can actually drive mine. Have a great Canada Day and/or Independence Day (soon)! I can't wait to get my new SUV.
Cheers.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Hi Everyone,
My name is Ron and I have just ordered an ST. So I guess I am an enthusiast until delivery in a couple of months. I am going to roam the forum looking for tips and tricks until I can actually drive mine. Have a great Canada Day and/or Independence Day (soon)! I can't wait to get my new SUV.
Cheers.
Welcome Ron!

m9house

Reactions
Hello
My name is Mark and I just ordered a black ST with everything. My dealer has been trying to find one for me but nobody seems to want to get rid of the ones they have. So I ordered one but they are going to keep looking. Does anyone know what the site is where you can track your order?

Reactions
You can check your VIN on etis.ford.com to see if it's been built. After that your dealer will probably have the best info.

Msmith4x4

Reactions
New member from Texas. Just picked up a 2020 ST in silver spruce for my wife. What an upgrade from a Chevy Trax. F9DFA0EE-984B-4E37-BE89-D1BB4E2B7393.jpeg