Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Welcome to the Explorer ST Forum, please post an introduction

DL_Mar10

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hello, all.
I am loving the 2020 ST I bought on 12/15/23. This is my first Explorer. I had ordered a '23, but Ford didn't get it built before they shut the line down to start on the '24s. So, the dealer put me in for a '24. I came across an article about the '25 Explorers getting a "refresh" and possibly some new options, set to be released in April. This had me concerned about my ordered '24 coming in January or February, and 2-3 months later it would already be 1 model year old. So, I abandoned the whole thing when I found a Rapid Red 2020 loaded with literally every option (including the 3-seat 2nd row that I wanted, but is almost impossible to find) with only 16,xxx miles and in pristine condition. I am sooo happy with my purchase, and saved over $30,000 compared to trading in my SHO for the new ST. (Part of that price difference is from selling my SHO for $16k, instead of only getting $11k for trade-in.) Anyway, that's a little of my recent history. Now it's time to read up on the ST!
20231215_160618.jpg

KrolPower

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Hi all, wife got a new 2023 silver st a few days ago. No extreme mods in mind for now, maybe some dif tires and bumper since we live in deer country. just found the forum and looking to learn about the rig and say hi.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Hi all, wife got a new 2023 silver st a few days ago. No extreme mods in mind for now, maybe some dif tires and bumper since we live in deer country. just found the forum and looking to learn about the rig and say hi.
Welcome aboard

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Welcome to the forum. Good luck finding some bumper protection. Doesn't seem to be much out there.

Ryan1024

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hi all,

Picked up a ‘20 Silver Spruce ST 12/21/23. Loving it so far. Made a bunch of changes in Forscan already. Really wish I could change the turn signal count like I’ve done on every other Ford I’ve owned.

Wondering why my ST doesn’t have the black wheels and red calipers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tekka77

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Greetings from Canada!

Picked up my 2023 Explorer ST last Friday (Dec 22).

Great vehicle except it developed the dreaded shakes while I started using the vehicle the next day. Currently at the shop being diagnosed and hoping for a simple fix. Ford pass app reported extreme low pressure in one of the tires during the day. I hope that it's just the stupid foam in the tires that they can just remove.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
New st owner as of yesterday. White tricoat, 401A, peformance, and tech package. Still have a 2019 Sport. this is our 6th explorer. Liking it alot… looks like a stormtrooper. Somewhat anxious after reading the issues with the diff bolts and ford’s apparent software “fix”. our diff only has the single bolt that can be seen from the back. Wont be racing or modding the engine… will do nothing while we are under warranty. wait and see approach for now. Glad to have this forum for info and exchange of experiences!
Wife and I are a bit old school and not super excited about black wheels… black or dark wheels used to exist because they were dirty… but these are kinda growing on me. I have looked through the tires and wheel section of the forum… maybe powder coating our wheels hyper silver is something to consider.
I usually have swapped out stereos, spkrs, added processors and amps, built subs… but the 14-spkr B&O does pretty well. way better than the premium sony that came in our sport.
Anyways… glad to be in the forum. Appreciate the knowledge here!

Attachments

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
New st owner as of yesterday. White tricoat, 401A, peformance, and tech package. Still have a 2019 Sport. this is our 6th explorer. Liking it alot… looks like a stormtrooper. Somewhat anxious after reading the issues with the diff bolts and ford’s apparent software “fix”. our diff only has the single bolt that can be seen from the back. Wont be racing or modding the engine… will do nothing while we are under warranty. wait and see approach for now. Glad to have this forum for info and exchange of experiences!
Wife and I are a bit old school and not super excited about black wheels… black or dark wheels used to exist because they were dirty… but these are kinda growing on me. I have looked through the tires and wheel section of the forum… maybe powder coating our wheels hyper silver is something to consider.
I usually have swapped out stereos, spkrs, added processors and amps, built subs… but the 14-spkr B&O does pretty well. way better than the premium sony that came in our sport.
Welcome to the forum.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

SVT3571

Reactions
Vehicle
03 TT Cobra || 21 ST
Hello everyone,

New member from Ontario Canada (just outside of Toronto)

Picked up my new daily a few weeks ago, a black 2021 ST. Decided I needed a matching TT daily for my TT summer toy!

Just window tint and some vinyl emblem/reverse overlays (waiting for spring) at the moment, but we will see where it leads to :LOL:

Loving it so far!

IMG_5994.jpeg
image.jpeg

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Ricky88

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
IMG_1647.jpeg what’s up everyone. I’m Ricky from South Carolina. I just recently purchase a 2023 ST, and absolutely love it. I made the biggest mistake of getting the 10yr 120k mile warranty, cuz now I’m scared to mod it to void warranties lol. I I don’t want any crazy mods just yet, I want a full exhuast, air intake, bigger intercooler, tune the factory turbos, and maybe lower it? I have already started small Amazon mods lol. Got the carbon fiber center counsel and the ST badge overlay. Going to tint the front windshield, trying to figure out a good percentage for that.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Bluey!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hello from College Park, MD! Traded my 2018 Raptor for a 2020 ST 400a with moonroof, premium tech, rear seat entertainment, and steet package. Has the double bolt diff mount too. I love it, was a great move with a growing family. Found it to have Steeda coils and sway bars, intercooler (unmarked) and JLT catch can already installed. It may even have a tune as it feels quicker than the stock one I test drove. Was originally sold out of MO. Tinted the fronts to 20%, removed all the vinyl stickers, ordered a Steeda strut tower brace (completely missing and assumed a quick sale for previous owner), black lug nuts and black ovals. Next is some Forscan work. Brakes and maybe exhaust in the future. I learned from the Raptor, don't just go out and buy all the bolt-on stuff and expect power gains - plan the build and build the plan. Named her Bluey after my daughter's favorite program.

Attachments

Last edited:

Yesac72

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
So glad to be here. New to me 2020 Silver Spruce. Love this color!!! 2020 Explorer ST copy.jpg

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
Welcome!!! Yes that's a great color!!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hey everyone,

I'm from southeastern Wisconsin.
I finally found an ST I completely wanted.

I traded in my 2018 Grand Cherokee High Altitude for this 2020 ST that has 36,000 miles.
8 hours after signing the paperwork, I drove it to Georgia to visit some friends.

It could use a good detail, but since it is winter, I will likely wait a few months to do that.

IMG_2455.JPG IMG_2491.JPG IMG_2390.JPG