Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

UNBROKEN’s Iconic Silver ST build

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,002
Emblems made it. Came out exactly how I pictured. IMG_0611.jpeg

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
^^^As usual, looks top shelf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,004
Haven’t cut any holes in a perfectly good car lately so….
Decided to do the Jeep Rubicon hood vents. Final fit/layout check. IMG_0747.jpeg
Here’s where ya get nervous. IMG_0745.jpeg
Here’s where it’s too late. IMG_0748.jpeg
Test fit. IMG_0749.jpeg
These vents were chosen because their curve matches the hood perfectly. IMG_0750.jpeg
Inner cut liked with pinch weld moulding. Can’t have a raggedy cut showing. IMG_0751.jpeg
Holes done. IMG_0752.jpeg
And vents done. IMG_0753.jpeg

Last edited:

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Very nice as usual!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Haven’t cut any holes in a perfectly good car lately so….
Decided to do the Ram Sport hood vents. Final fit/layout check. View attachment 18434
Here’s where ya get nervous. View attachment 18435
Here’s where it’s too late. View attachment 18436
Test fit. View attachment 18437
These vents were chosen because their curve matches the hood perfectly. View attachment 18438
Inner cut liked with pinch weld moulding. Can’t have a raggedy cut showing. View attachment 18439
Holes done. View attachment 18440
And vents done. View attachment 18441
Like that it is glossy to match the rest of the car. Could you get a further photo from maybe 20 ft away?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,007
I have a plan for the underhood insulation…it’s cut to fit but I need to hem the edge. I’m just gonna staple around it to close it up then put more pinch weld moulding around the cut edge. IMG_0755.jpeg

And one last shot outside. Car hasn’t been washed in a couple of weeks…don’t hate on the filth. lol IMG_0757.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST 401A Pkg White Met Tri-Coat
Looks sharp. How does the water drain out from the vents?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,009
Looks sharp. How does the water drain out from the vents?

I positioned them so it basically runs down the inside of the strut towers. The right side vent is just behind the ECM and both are just in front of the plastic cowl cover.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I have a plan for the underhood insulation…it’s cut to fit but I need to hem the edge. I’m just gonna staple around it to close it up then put more pinch weld moulding around the cut edge. View attachment 18442

And one last shot outside. Car hasn’t been washed in a couple of weeks…don’t hate on the filth. lol View attachment 18443
You know I really like that. Don’t think I would have the guts to do it myself. Maybe have a shop do the dirty work. Very nice job though.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
FCA really makes/designs the coolest hoods in the business. good call on grabbing those. i like em.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Well, crap…another thing added to the list. Thanks.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,014
The final thing to finish up was closing up the cut in the underhood insulation. I don’t love it…but it’ll do until I figure something else out. I stapled it shut and used pinch weld moulding around the edge.
IMG_0774.jpeg

63K miles and she still cleans up ok I guess.
IMG_0771.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
least it looks more finished than before. You concerned at all about the insulation getting water trapped between it and the hood?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,016
Not at all. I drove in an absolute flooding storm in LA on Monday then washed it today and sprayed water everywhere…there were maybe a few drops under the liner.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I saw the hood vents before you installed and wasn't sure what to think...super clean work man. Looks great!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Not at all. I drove in an absolute flooding storm in LA on Monday then washed it today and sprayed water everywhere…there were maybe a few drops under the liner.
That’s what I thought. Just asking. May hit you up on measurements before I break out the saw. I don’t know why, but when I start working on my new ride…no matter what it is, I end up having the gear heads and modifiers living within 30 minutes of me. It’s a blessing and a curse. Lol.
Thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You are killing it. Looks Awesome.

With all the mods you have, any consideration going to air ride in the future like Fitted Visions or something custom ? I see all the custom work you are doing and it's awesome. Just wondering why keep the H&R springs?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
That’s what I thought. Just asking. May hit you up on measurements before I break out the saw. I don’t know why, but when I start working on my new ride…no matter what it is, I end up having the gear heads and modifiers living within 30 minutes of me. It’s a blessing and a curse. Lol.
Thanks!
I'm working on making a template for the hood vent. Going to cut my hood this weekend.