Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

UNBROKEN’s Iconic Silver ST build

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Look close at the rear panel...the Explorer letters are matte now. Just a little something I thought might look cool.
That looks sweet. Details ? Were they cut out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Nevermind I can’t read today ...

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #143
Not for everyone...but I absolutely hate the rear wiper and never use it...so I eliminated it. Gotta order a smooth 7/8” rubber plug for the hole in the glass...but it already looks cleaner. D1E1D44A-35E4-4AAD-AE1F-78EEB3822397.jpeg

LokiWolf

Reactions
Not for everyone...but I absolutely hate the rear wiper and never use it...so I eliminated it. Gotta order a smooth 7/8” rubber plug for the hole in the glass...but it already looks cleaner. View attachment 1615
Looks good. Haven’t done it on others, and on this thing it is so small, it is almost pointless for it to be there, so I have been thinking hard about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
They just pop out.
Any issues or concern with debris or bugs getting in there? Not sure how that’d go over up here in Canada in the winter with all the snow and sleet...our front ends can get pretty covered in ice some days..!

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #146
They’re open all the time anyway...won’t be any more bugs that with them. I took them out of my F150 when I supercharged it...75k miles with no issues.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
What lug nuts did you go with ?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #148
McGard spline drive. Expensive but they’re the best.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
McGard spline drive. Expensive but they’re the best.
You have a part number? The ones they put on stick out like crazy.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #150
65315BK for the nuts and 65301 for the tool. You’d need 5 packs of lug nuts and 1 tool. It’s close to $200 for everything.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Okay cool thanks

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #152
Steeda has a 1 1/8” rear sway bar out now...got mine ordered today.
C9DDD754-361F-4AA8-97A1-7BAF91741259.png

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Since there is not one for the front Are you planning on softest setting or stiffest for the rear ?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #155
I usually start in the middle and test from there on an curved overpass near my house. Hit it at the same speeds and see how the truck reacts. Start with a run with the stock bar though.

Last edited:

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I usually start in the middle and test from there on an curved overpass near my house. Hit it at the same speeds and see how the truck reacts.
Gotcha

Just know it’s recommended stiff front and soft rear but there is not an adjustable front yet.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #157
I run Hellwig bars on all my trucks. The biggest front they make and their adjustable rears. I’ve always had the best luck with the middle hole.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I run Hellwig bars on all my trucks. The biggest front they make and their adjustable rears. I’ve always had the best luck with the middle hole.
Hellwig makes a great product , I have front and rear on the Yukon.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Gotcha

Just know it’s recommended stiff front and soft rear but there is not an adjustable front yet.

Curious your thoughts on this. Did you mean "soft in general" or "softest setting"? I thought with a heavy AWD vehicle (and according to most car mags driving impressions of this vehicle) this truck tends to understeer initially and then oversteers a bit if you keep pushing it until the traction control kicks in and corrects. I've only ever experienced understeer so far but havent really tried to get my tail to kick out just yet. Im definitely going to try in September at the Park City drivers event, lol. If that is the case, and our stock rear sway bars are already stiffer than a non-ST explorer, I would think without ARB arms for the front yet we probably can get away with starting at the "softest setting" to try and get rid of that initial understeer present, but i wouldn't think even going to the stiffest setting would be a problem. i know i would rather have a vehicle that i can counter-steer to get where i want rather than one that isn't tucking in when i need it to.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Curious your thoughts on this. Did you mean "soft in general" or "softest setting"? I thought with a heavy AWD vehicle (and according to most car mags driving impressions of this vehicle) this truck tends to understeer initially and then oversteers a bit if you keep pushing it until the traction control kicks in and corrects. I've only ever experienced understeer so far but havent really tried to get my tail to kick out just yet. Im definitely going to try in September at the Park City drivers event, lol. If that is the case, and our stock rear sway bars are already stiffer than a non-ST explorer, I would think without ARB arms for the front yet we probably can get away with starting at the "softest setting" to try and get rid of that initial understeer present, but i wouldn't think even going to the stiffest setting would be a problem. i know i would rather have a vehicle that i can counter-steer to get where i want rather than one that isn't tucking in when i need it to.
Soft”est” setting.... If you put the intelligent AWD setting on the display it shows and only really kicks in when you get on it. It is still considered a rear wheel base suv. I was just curious since there is not a beefier front sway yet. I’ve done stiffest in the front and softest in the rear on past cars... but it’s an easy install and can adjusted pretty quickly.

Plan to powered coat it red and install and play with the cornering one afternoon. I live north of San Antonio and there are a ton of great roads in the country and hills to play. (Don’t try a Jeep with a 4” lift lol) I truly wish we can get another option on the springs (coilovers) tho. Another inch would be perfect but would definitely need an aftermarket camber kit along with other components.

So far I’m very pleased and surprised with the handling. Feels like a sport car with 6 ppl in it. Now that I have the MPSS on it really hard to break those tires loose. :) maybe in the rain or with MORE power.

Last edited: