Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

UNBROKEN’s Iconic Silver ST build

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #161
Soft”est” setting.... Iif you put the intelligent AWD setting on the display it shows and only really kicks in when you get in it. It is still considered a rear wheel base suv. I was just curious since there is not a beefier front sway yet. I’ve done stiffest in the front and softest in the rear on past cars... but it’s an easy install and can adjusted pretty quickly.

Plan to powered coat it red and install and play with the cornering one afternoon. I live north of San Antonio and there are a ton of great roads in the country and hills to play. (Don’t try a Jeep with a 4” lift lol) I truly wish we can get another option on the springs (coilovers) tho. Another inch would be perfect but would definitely need an aftermarket camber kit along with other components.

So far I’m very pleased and surprised with the handling. Feels like a sport car with 6 ppl in it. Now that I have the MPSS on it really hard to break those tires loose. :) maybe in the rain or with MORE power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just the springs, lighter wheels and wide tires made it drive like a whole new truck. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

emco

Reactions
Can someone explain to a nub what this swaybar is, what it does and why you'd want one on your ST?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Soft”est” setting.... If you put the intelligent AWD setting on the display it shows and only really kicks in when you get on it. It is still considered a rear wheel base suv. I was just curious since there is not a beefier front sway yet. I’ve done stiffest in the front and softest in the rear on past cars... but it’s an easy install and can adjusted pretty quickly.
Roger. Thanks for the heads up!

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Can someone explain to a nub what this swaybar is, what it does and why you'd want one on your ST?
The ST already has a rear sway bar, all explorers do, the ST just has a beefier one. See below for why an even stiffer one could be beneficial.
https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/Anti-Roll-Bars-How-to-choose-the-right-sway-bar-for-your-car

This dude's videos are always super good. Long story short is that they prevent the springs from being compressed by forces other than vertical ones. And therefore reduce body roll.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Mine will be delivered tomorrow. I ordered Tuesday night. Demand must have been higher than they anticipated.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Mine shipped today. ... I doubt I’ll coat it in red ... it pretty tucked up there to see

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Mine shipped today. ... I doubt I’ll coat it in red ... it pretty tucked up there to see

C’mon dude. You of all people know a good build is all in the details. It’s gonna bug you having that big blue bar under there. ;) Nobody else knows but YOU will...

Reactions
Mine will be delivered tomorrow. I ordered Tuesday night. Demand must have been higher than they anticipated.
What did they only make the 3 that you guys ordered?? :ROFLMAO:

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
C’mon dude. You of all people know a good build is all in the details. It’s gonna bug you having that big blue bar under there. ;) Nobody else knows but YOU will...
True and it’s only 40 buck to do. I have time to decide lol

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Did you request the Intercooler to not say Whipple on it. I’ve seen with and without. I prefer a clean look.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #175
Nope...that’s just how it came.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Okay. I’m about to order . Hope it doesn’t have the logo

emco

Reactions
The ST already has a rear sway bar, all explorers do, the ST just has a beefier one. See below for why an even stiffer one could be beneficial.
https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/Anti-Roll-Bars-How-to-choose-the-right-sway-bar-for-your-car

This dude's videos are always super good. Long story short is that they prevent the springs from being compressed by forces other than vertical ones. And therefore reduce body roll.
Thank you!

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #178
Can’t remember who has this hitch cover but I had to copy. It looks really nice in person. I grabbed a black locking pin to go with it. ED389D98-522B-4D95-B566-9082BC884EE2.jpeg

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #180
Must have been you. lol