Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

UNBROKEN’s Iconic Silver ST build

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #961
Why/how are you burning through tires so quickly? I've had my Toyos for 15k miles and they still look new...
280 treadwear tires and I drive it very hard on my favorite curvy backroads.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
280 treadwear tires and I drive it very hard on my favorite curvy backroads.
Love hearing that! Wish I still lived in New England as there were some epic roads. Not so much in the Midwest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOODED DON

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #964
Yes it’s Vvivid but I don’t remember the shade. It’s also turning purple…I’ll be swapping to fully painted heads soon.

Last edited:

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
What a read! Killer stuff here, thank you for sharing all your great ideas with us!! My list of stuff just got longer!!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
It’s pretty easy. 4 screws on the front doors and 5 on the rear. Then the panels just pop off. The inner structure is a little more involved because you have to release the window glass to remove them but still not hard.
I have recently joined the forum and greatly appreciate your entire writeup on what you have done to your ST. I am getting ready to perform a complete audio upgrade but wanted to get your feedback related to sound deadening and would like to get your feedback on the following:
  1. How difficult is it to remove the window glass retaining clips?
  2. Is it difficult to reattach the window regulator panel to the glass retaining clips?
  3. On September 5, 2020, Post #254 shows a picture where your headliner was dropped to remove the roof rails. I'm interested in applying sound deadening to the roof sheet metal. How difficult is it to remove the headliner and I also heard that it is glued to the roof structure in a few areas. How did you address that?
  4. Did you apply sound deadening to the entire floor and if so, how difficult was it to remove the center console?
Thanks for your feedback.

Leroy

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #967
Pods built and installed for the differential rear fill widebands. Hope to have the 4th amp installed tomorrow and power to everything so I can write them into the tune next week. C9B9EE5A-6DF5-4A5E-9074-83ECF022B686.jpeg 282823C4-8775-47C9-8FA0-231381C01E38.jpeg

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #968
Ok…so I always liked the idea of the wiper delete but I never liked the 40mm wide aluminum delete plug I used. I tried to work with companys in the U.K. And also Germany to have these made…one ghosted me, the other took my money, sent a part that wasn’t even close to what I ordered and then ghosted me…luckily PayPal made me whole again. So…I ordered up some black acrylic circles from my friend with a waterjet and made my own. I had to sand one down from 5.1mm thick to 4.4mm to match the glass thickness then CA glue it to the backer and after that it popped right in. All the delete plug companies use black rtv so I did the same. I like I much better than the giant aluminum plug. AD8A3060-63C4-4B17-8063-46522A075556.jpeg 6D21D5C4-4BFE-4493-8FA1-13827232C338.jpeg

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ok…so I always liked the idea of the wiper delete but I never liked the 40mm wide aluminum delete plug I used. I tried to work with companys in the U.K. And also Germany to have these made…one ghosted me, the other took my money, sent a part that wasn’t even close to what I ordered and then ghosted me…luckily PayPal made me whole again. So…I ordered up some black acrylic circles from my friend with a waterjet and made my own. I had to sand one down from 5.1mm thick to 4.4mm to match the glass thickness then CA glue it to the backer and after that it popped right in. All the delete plug companies use black rtv so I did the same. I like I much better than the giant aluminum plug. View attachment 17407 View attachment 17408
That looks great!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ok…so I always liked the idea of the wiper delete but I never liked the 40mm wide aluminum delete plug I used. I tried to work with companys in the U.K. And also Germany to have these made…one ghosted me, the other took my money, sent a part that wasn’t even close to what I ordered and then ghosted me…luckily PayPal made me whole again. So…I ordered up some black acrylic circles from my friend with a waterjet and made my own. I had to sand one down from 5.1mm thick to 4.4mm to match the glass thickness then CA glue it to the backer and after that it popped right in. All the delete plug companies use black rtv so I did the same. I like I much better than the giant aluminum plug. View attachment 17407 View attachment 17408
Yeah looks wayyy better than other plugs out there. Nice write up per usual.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Dang looks clean!

Reactions
I don’t mind my aluminum plug but that sure looks a hell of a lot better! By the way, what size tubing did you use on your exhaust tips. They also look great Jim

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #973
I don’t mind my aluminum plug but that sure looks a hell of a lot better! By the way, what size tubing did you use on your exhaust tips. They also look great Jim
They’re 4”.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
This is just perfection.!
Couple of questions, what does "then CA glue it to the backer " mean exactly??
What is the final size of your acrylic plug? thickness = 4.4mm OD=?
Are your plugs tapered? They appear to have a taper in the pics.
looks like an extremely tight fit, how did you seal it exactly? Around the OD?
Sorry to bombard you with all the questions, but I am obviously trying to do this, and I want it perfect just as yours is!!

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #975
This is just perfection.!
Couple of questions, what does "then CA glue it to the backer " mean exactly??
What is the final size of your acrylic plug? thickness = 4.4mm OD=?
Are your plugs tapered? They appear to have a taper in the pics.
looks like an extremely tight fit, how did you seal it exactly? Around the OD?
Sorry to bombard you with all the questions, but I am obviously trying to do this, and I want it perfect just as yours is!!

Thank you in advance!
The part that passes through the glass is 23.8mm wide and I sanded it down to 4.4mm thick to match the glass. No taper.
The larger pieces in the pic are the backers…the smaller piece is glued to that. CA glue is just super glue…the stuff I keep is the consistency of water to keep tolerances close on other stuff I tinker with. It’s held in the glass with black silicone sealant…which is also a glue in this case. Take a look at the install videos from Kill All Wipers…it’ll show how to glue it in place and finish the outside.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #976
This should be finished up and in hand I’d guess by the end of next week. Hot side turbo piping from FenFab designed to work with the AFe CAI’s. C4C1040B-B483-454A-89D5-B0C2E39850D6.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
This should be finished up and in hand I’d guess by the end of next week. Hot side turbo piping from FenFab designed to work with the AFe CAI’s. View attachment 17422
SWEET. I have one in black on order. Can't wait to get mine so I can throw in my charge pipe and IC that I've had on the shop floor for months!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
The part that passes through the glass is 23.8mm wide and I sanded it down to 4.4mm thick to match the glass. No taper.
The larger pieces in the pic are the backers…the smaller piece is glued to that. CA glue is just super glue…the stuff I keep is the consistency of water to keep tolerances close on other stuff I tinker with. It’s held in the glass with black silicone sealant…which is also a glue in this case. Take a look at the install videos from Kill All Wipers…it’ll show how to glue it in place and finish the outside.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thank you so much!!

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
This should be finished up and in hand I’d guess by the end of next week. Hot side turbo piping from FenFab designed to work with the AFe CAI’s. View attachment 17422
I assume that it will still work with the stock intake as well as with the aFe?