Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Traxda Lift

Reactions
I am tempted but very concerned about the lack of responsiveness when I haven’t even given them my money yet. It looks like they have a long history of making lift kits but I am far from impressed with Customer Service thus far and God forbid I need help during or after installation...

Reactions
Decided to pull the trigger on it...$282.75 shipped instead of $395 on Traxda's site. Looks like a hell of an install on the rears esp. with no lift. Wish me luck!

qswank

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
What size tires are y’all running with the stock 20” wheels? I’m getting ready to install the Traxda leveling kit on my wife’s 2020 ST.

Reactions
What size tires are y’all running with the stock 20” wheels? I’m getting ready to install the Traxda leveling kit on my wife’s 2020 ST.
i think 275 55 are the biggest some say we can fit. Interested to hear how your Traxda lift goes together They took too long to ship mine so I cancelled and am waiting for someone else to be the test dummy

qswank

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
When we first received the leveling kit the front spacers wouldn’t fit because two of the bolts need to be 12mm and the rear one needs to be 10mm. Factory fixed the issue. Now we need spacers because with the rear leveling kit installed the stock wheels hit the sub frame. What a pain. Going to install a 5/8 spacer and see if that does the trick.

qswank

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Short version : Traxda lift is installed, had to call up tech support and have the shorter front spacers sent along.

I ordered the kit, installed, and immediately noticed hard shake /vibration in the front on anything but the lightest acceleration. Called up tech support and discussed options. First thought was to go an inch lower all around, which would be less desirable since I LOVE the raked look, and the kit made it closer to flat. Since I'm a test case, we settled on going an inch lower in the front compared to the original lift, for a total of 2" higher in the rear, 1.5" higher in the front.

Removed the front spacers, reinstalled the shorter spacers, buttoned up, and went for some spirited driving. Shake all fixed, and the ride is smoother than stock. I am very pleased with the outcome and looking forward to putting some taller shoes on when the factory tires wear down.

I coupled the lift with Black Horse Exceed side steps and think it looks pretty damn good. The wife agrees, and since it's really her vehicle, I'm looking forward to her review when she takes it for a spin.

Pros: better ride, raked stance, better ground clearance, and better view out the windshield
Cons: higher CoG means higher rollover risk. Gotta take it easy in high speed maneuvers.
Neutrals: rear spacer install is a pain in the ass.

Pictures and wife's review pending.

Best,
- Odin
What offset did you have to run with the factory 20” wheels? Also what tire size?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Bump. Anyone else lift their ST? Any other options besides the one mentioned?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Reactions
Vehicle
‘21 Explorer ST
Got the traxada lift a few months ago. Feels great! Such a smoother ride with the 18’s. No real loss of power feel. Decent fuel economy. Zero vibration.
Not the best pics. Haven’t taken the time for a real photo shoot yet

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer Platinum
Got the traxada lift a few months ago. Feels great! Such a smoother ride with the 18’s. No real loss of power feel. Decent fuel economy. Zero vibration.
Any issues since you installed the kit? Thinking about pulling the trigger in these...

Reactions
Vehicle
‘21 Explorer ST
Any issues since you installed the kit? Thinking about pulling the trigger in these...
Everything seems to be great! No wobbles or vibrations or anything. Been on a couple road trips now. Avg ~18mpg with the lift and roof rack

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer Platinum
Everything seems to be great! No wobbles or vibrations or anything. Been on a couple road trips now. Avg ~18mpg with the lift and roof rack
I picked up the H&R lift springs with some rough country struts for the back. Nothing available for the front as far as aftermarket shocks go yet. Rough country just released the N3s in the last few weeks for the 2020+ explorers. The H&R lift springs raise it 1.2" in the front and 1.0 in the back. I wonder how those would do with this kit. Probably too much lifting for the axles and other suspension components...

KennyJ

Reactions

I did the Traxda kit as well, along with 18” rims, 1“ spacers, fitted with BFG K02s

- tire overall measurements are the same as stock 21s
- no chafing in the wheel wells at lock.
- Steering/turning is actually lighter than stock ST.
- ride result is comparable to my stock 21s, actually smoother on highway.
- tire noise is only moderately higher - my wife is not complaining.

other benefits.
- significantly reduced risk of curb rash to rims
- better off-road clearance, confidence.
- all Nannies and performance modes work as expected/previously.

had ford dealer install: they like it, too.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
New guy here but not new to explorers or car work.

I saw in another post you said the wheels in the pictures were 18x9. I'm only seeing Outlanders in 18x8 on the black rhino site (really like the look). Can you confirm offset and if spacers are used? We used the traxda on our '16 Sport and loved it. Only objection wife has to Explorers is the ride height.

Committed to buy a new Carbonized ST yesterday and just awaiting the rear camera harness. Planning on an intercooler, tune, lift, wheels, tires and mud flaps :)

Thanks for your info!