Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Transmission Fluid Change - Should I or wait?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Or do a double drain fill after driving around a bit in between if you like doing it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That kind of confuses me. If you drain and fill, drive around and repeat, how do you know you're not dumping the half you just put in?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Technically you dump half of what you put in yes but it mixes with the old fluid. You change 50% then drive around and do another change of 50% gets you almost 70% fluid change. Yes a transfer service gets near 100%. For those of us that maintain our own vehicles and don’t like needlessly shelling out money, this is more than adequate imo. I change every 25k so I’ve pretty much got fresh fluid all the time.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Technically you dump half of what you put in yes but it mixes with the old fluid. You change 50% then drive around and do another change of 50% gets you almost 70% fluid change. Yes a transfer service gets near 100%. For those of us that maintain our own vehicles and don’t like needlessly shelling out money, this is more than adequate imo. I change every 25k so I’ve pretty much got fresh fluid all the time.
Wish I had your diggs man! Got the tools and know how but no lift or appropriate area. I don't like needlessly shelling out that kind of money either. :-o

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Wish I had your diggs man! Got the tools and know how but no lift or appropriate area. I don't like needlessly shelling out that kind of money either. :-o
Makes car life a lot easier for sure. I got tired of working on my back in the driveway as a youngster so I bought a tool company later in life. Good thing too, the older I get the harder it is to crawl around. Heck my hands are sore for two days sometimes after a day of playing mechanic.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Makes car life a lot easier for sure. I got tired of working on my back in the driveway as a youngster so I bought a tool company later in life. Good thing too, the older I get the harder it is to crawl around. Heck my hands are sore for two days sometimes after a day of playing mechanic.

I guess your next purchase would be a private, in home mechanic! (nodding head)