Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

The Thermal R&D cat back exhaust PREMIER!

F=MA

Reactions
Any Thermal R&D exhaust system frequencies that vibrate the interior parts of the ST?

Last edited:
Reactions
Got the Thermal exhaust on - thanks @ron@whooshmotorsports - I absolutely love it. Even my wife made a comment of how much she likes the sound which I will chalk up as a win!

Attachments

F=MA

Reactions
Got the Thermal exhaust on - thanks @ron@whooshmotorsports - I absolutely love it. Even my wife made a comment of how much she likes the sound which I will chalk up as a win!
Any Thermal R&D exhaust system frequencies that vibrate the interior parts of the ST? Any high gear drone?

Reactions
Any Thermal R&D exhaust system frequencies that vibrate the interior parts of the ST? Any high gear drone?
I’ve put about 150 miles on it so far and no vibrations or drone at all

Reactions
I’ve put about 150 miles on it so far and no vibrations or drone at all
I'm around 200 miles since install on Thursday and have had no drone at all. I've had it cruising at around 90 with the Fiancé on board and us talking with no issues and no complaining about anything which she's sensitive to that kind of stuff. It's made a massive difference in my happiness with the vehicle as well. Plus between it and the turbosmart BOV in sport mode it encourages you to get on it more....for happiness sake.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Looks good, I'm loving the sound also. I'm kinda wishing I went with the black tips.

Jwbreeding

Reactions
I've got about 100 on mine since install and no vibes or drone.

Reactions
Dang I want this system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Dang I want this system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...Yea, I think is the one I want too...got it loaded in the cart, just need to decide if I should pull the trigger!

Reactions
...Yea, I think is the one I want too...got it loaded in the cart, just need to decide if I should pull the trigger!
we still have the pre-order price on the site
if anyone is on the fence please act now before we have to raise the price to retail

Reactions
Kit is absolutely fantastic. Loving the look and loving the sound at WOT. I also love that it doesn't sound like a diesel truck at idle like some of these exhausts.

Let me give Ron a huge shout out, too. T R&D forgot to include the tips in my exhaust. I went to Ron once the installer realized that. Not only did Ron immediately email T R&D, but T R&D then overnighted the tips and I had them by 10am the next morning (California to NJ).

Fantastic customer service and a fantastic product.

Reactions
How is everyone's fitting on the driver side near the differential?

F=MA

Reactions
Loaded question like how was your day?:ROFLMAO:

Reactions
Loaded question like how was your day?:ROFLMAO:
Yeah I suppose I should have added some clarification there. Here's a few pictures to better show my fitment. Just trying to gauge if I need to attempt to adjust fitment even more.

Attachments

Jwbreeding

Reactions
Yeah I suppose I should have added some clarification there. Here's a few pictures to better show my fitment. Just trying to gauge if I need to attempt to adjust fitment even more.
Yours looks closer than mine at that angle for sure. I would adjust it a little bit to prevent the slightest sag later on and then rattles off the diff

Reactions
that is going to hit 100%, At least double that space IMO. can you not adjust the pipe to come out further? I'd bet you have another 3/4 in that slip joint that could come forward more.