Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

The Thermal R&D cat back exhaust PREMIER!

Reactions
Today I picked up the New Thermal R&D CatBack exhaust system for our ST.

First ill start by saying how awesome it was working with Thermal and also getting a cat back exhaust system for FREE*, also a HUGE thank you to Ron at Whoosh Performance for making this possible.

* took about 600 miles of driving back and forth 4 times and renting a trailer to tow the recon ranger.

second the quality of their work is amazing, the tube work is done from 2.5" 304SS, Mig welded and clamped together. The rear tips came out great, and definitely add much needed styling to the car.
The sound is great, no rasp like the Borla and cruising highway speeds in tow mode there was ZERO drone at 60MPH and 1900 RPM. When climbing a grade the engine is now like a growling tiger but not overly annoying. I would have loved to get video of highway sound, but people drive like idiots here, so if i had one hand on the wheel and another holding the camera, i wouldnt have had a free hand to flip off the asshole who would inevitably cut me off and hit the brakes.

as for cost, I cannot say for sure as I dont work for TRD, but they are confident it will be cheaper than the counter parts on the market, thats including the mid pipes, which apparently the other manufacturers dont offer.

Overall, its a fantastic system. Not overly obnoxious when you're driving like a responsible adult, and very noticeable when you're on the pedal.

HERES THE VIDEO------>

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Looks clean, sounds great. Wish I had more patience and waited for it, maybe I'll swap out in a couple years.

Reactions
I'm so glad I waited, this is the exhaust I'll be going with
Hopefully they'll release pricing soon!

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Reactions
Yep, If I do an off the shelf kit...so far this will be it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Do you have any straight shot pics from the back?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Looks very nice. Definitely the best so far.

Reactions
Wonder what it sounds like with stock down pipes

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Sounds and looks great! Like someone else mentioned, I would like to see directly back pictures. Looking forward to seeing the pricing.

Reactions
OP
Kevin 1456
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
hey thanks for the mention and setting this up for you lol
this kit will only be available at whoosh motorsports
look for a pre-sale at a discounted price early to mid December

www.whooshmotorsports.com
Im so sorry, I forgot to mention Whoosh with all the excitement writing the article.

big thank you for the opportunity! The system is fantastic !

OP
Kevin 1456
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
Rear shots are going to have to wait until morning, the low light makes it hard to see the tips. I tried, but the iPhone low light isn’t that fantastic after all.

Reactions