Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

The Thermal R&D cat back exhaust PREMIER!

OP
Kevin 1456
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
out last night picking up dinner decided to get some mild throttle sound clips in the quite night time air.

Reactions
Do you feel like you can hear it nicely from inside the car, over the engine, when accelerating? I feel like I can, in your night video, and it sounds pretty sweet.

OP
Kevin 1456
Reactions
Thread Starter #29
Do you feel like you can hear it nicely from inside the car, over the engine, when accelerating? I feel like I can, in your night video, and it sounds pretty sweet.
Definitely, it’s almost impossible to hear the fake engine noise now.
when In comfort and towing mode, the fake engine noise is almost non existent.
Sport mode you can still hear the fake engine noise.

overall, it’s very noticeable but not obnoxious.

im going to try and do the Forscan thing to disable the fake engine noise and I’ll get video then.

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Very nice, thanks for the rear pics. I'm pretty sold on this exhaust right now, I would like to hear the magnaflow one as well but haven't seen videos or pics of that system yet.

OP
Kevin 1456
Reactions
Thread Starter #31
Call me biased but I think it’s the best one on the market right now.
You still have time to decide and pay off any credit cards before this one is available.
TRD told me they will start production in roughly 45 days. so the end of the year.
however like Ron from Whoosh said, there will be a discounted group buy, so that’s something to consider.

overall, I’m very happy with it, I have no complaints

L_Speed87

Reactions
Phone audio truly never does these things any justice. I feel like the Corsa actually sounds better, but like i said, phone audio never does these things justice and it's hard to know what equipment the Corsa or Borla videos were filmed on. From a looks and what you get stand point, this is clearly better than Borla or Corsa. Your comments about the volume are what i was most interested in because the video makes it sound much quieter than what i would want.

I told myself to wait... now i'm glad i did.

OP
Kevin 1456
Reactions
Thread Starter #33
Phone audio truly never does these things any justice. I feel like the Corsa actually sounds better, but like i said, phone audio never does these things justice and it's hard to know what equipment the Corsa or Borla videos were filmed on. From a looks and what you get stand point, this is clearly better than Borla or Corsa. Your comments about the volume are what i was most interested in because the video makes it sound much quieter than what i would want.

I told myself to wait... now i'm glad i did.
it definitely doesn't sound as deep in video format like it does in real life. phones cannot capture the deeper tones as the human ear can.

Reactions
hey thanks for the mention and setting this up for you lol
this kit will only be available at whoosh motorsports
look for a pre-sale at a discounted price early to mid December

www.whooshmotorsports.com
Are the flex pipes prone to the rattling like stock models ? And if not can they purchased standalone ?just curious since I already have an s type installed and that gear clamp isn’t working really lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Are the flex pipes prone to the rattling like stock models ? And if not can they purchased standalone ?just curious since I already have an s type installed and that gear clamp isn’t working really lol

I think all of us will have this same question - does this have the stock death rattle :) I also got the worm clamps installed by Ford and it does almost nothing.

Reactions
I think all of us will have this same question - does this have the stock death rattle :) I also got the worm clamps installed by Ford and it does almost nothing.
I’m giving my dealer a chance to either get me new ones and see if it still happens or I’m simply going to have to make get the shop to weld a straight pipe to it at this point

Reactions
I’m giving my dealer a chance to either get me new ones and see if it still happens or I’m simply going to have to make get the shop to weld a straight pipe to it at this point

I just took this video to show mine. You can see they performed the Ford TSB and installed clamps on both flex pipes. You can see the driver's side flex pipe rattling quite a bit and making the noise until the car warms up a bit. I've never heard this while driving, it's really just annoying at startup. Anybody else?

VIDEO: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwtre6mcraacze8/IMG_8421.mov?dl=0

Reactions
I just took this video to show mine. You can see they performed the Ford TSB and installed clamps on both flex pipes. You can see the driver's side flex pipe rattling quite a bit and making the noise until the car warms up a bit. I've never heard this while driving, it's really just annoying at startup. Anybody else?

So while driving I hear it while deceleration at a slow speed like say 15mph and lower. I’ll make a small video today when I go back out. Also it’s the passenger side for me that rattles

OP
Kevin 1456
Reactions
Thread Starter #39
i havnt noticed any shaking.
the type of flex joint TRD used has a tight weave mesh around the flex where as the stock has more of a chicken wire loose fitting encasing it. i use the same type of tight fit mesh on the pipes of my race truck and they dont rattle at all (when theyre new). over time they have loosened up and leaked, but you guys are not going to be flexing the chassis and drivetrain as much as i do in my truck. theyre plenty durable.

Reactions

Thanks for this video Kruppa. That is exactly what mine does. Rattles fairly loudly upon initial cold start for 30 secs to a minute probably (I'll time it soon), and then settles down and quiets down, and all is well. Don't really hear it after the initial start up. Haven't taken mine in for the fix yet. Build date 6/2019, purchased end of August 2019, 13.5K or so miles (severely limited by the pandemic and working from home since March).

Edit: Recorded mine too. 36 degrees outdoors, warmer in the garage, but not heated.

Last edited: