Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync Navigation Update

LokiWolf

Reactions
Reboot? You mean turn the car off and back on again or is there another way?
Nope, simply turning any Ford off and back on does not reboot Sync. It is more like sleep at that point.

Press and hold the power button and the next track hard buttons until screen goes black. See if your Temps come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Just tried it and the temps didn't come back

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Reboot? You mean turn the car off and back on again or is there another way?
The factory reboot we learned at the Explorer Performance School is: with engine running shut ignition off, open and close drivers door, restart engine.

Reactions
Ok. I'll give that a try.

LokiWolf

Reactions
The factory reboot we learned at the Explorer Performance School is: with engine running shut ignition off, open and close drivers door, restart engine.
That will NOT reboot Sync if there is not enough time(In excess of 30 minutes) in between. It will merely go to sleep. It will reboot other modules though. I also figured he tried that. Because it is actually part of the update instructions...

If the issue is that the APIM(Sync) is not getting the Temp info from the Sensors the car restart might solve the issue.

Reactions
Yeah, that didn't work either. Since I downloaded the update via home Wi-Fi, I'm thinking something didn't load properly so I think I may download the files on Flash drive and try it again. Unless anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Yeah, that didn't work either. Since I downloaded the update via home Wi-Fi, I'm thinking something didn't load properly so I think I may download the files on Flash drive and try it again. Unless anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears.
Oh, so you did the over the Wifi method?

That is your issue. Download and reinstall via USB. Yell if that doesn’t work.

DHollis

Reactions
I hooked mine up to the house WiFi in the driveway and it took about 15 minutes.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I hooked mine up to the house WiFi in the driveway and it took about 15 minutes.
Mine does not do updates on its own. I've had to take it in to the shop for manual updates.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Mine does not do updates on its own. I've had to take it in to the shop for manual updates.
Even via USB?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
I did USB today. Still no temperature settings visible on the info bar but I have build 20136. The temps were nice but I guess I can live without them. 20201107_104500.jpg

LokiWolf

Reactions
I did USB today. Still no temperature settings visible on the info bar but I have build 20136. The temps were nice but I guess I can live without them. View attachment 2501
Interesting. Let me do some digging and I will yell back...

LokiWolf

Reactions
Interesting. Let me do some digging and I will yell back...

Didn’t even notice, but I don’t have it either. Went from 20136 to 20196 to 20237 in the past few months. Really didn’t notice it was gone. Interesting. Might have been intentional on Ford’s part since the regular HVAC controls show it.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Didn’t even notice, but I don’t have it either. Went from 20136 to 20196 to 20237 in the past few months. Really didn’t notice it was gone. Interesting. Might have been intentional on Ford’s part since the regular HVAC controls show it.

How is 20237? I was reading some feedback about GPS not working so made me gun shy about installing that. Plus 20196 seems to be great.

LokiWolf

Reactions
How is 20237? I was reading some feedback about GPS not working so made me gun shy about installing that. Plus 20196 seems to be great.
Verdict is still out. No issues with GPS so far though.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Am in the process of updating to 20237 but did notice that my 20196 did indeed show the temperature setting up top. I did do a master reset after the past two updates. maybe try that?

Update: temp also shows in 20237. GPS location looks good.
BTW, master reset is no big deal. Re-Pair my iPhone, reconnect wifi, reconnect Ford Pass. Good to go.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Reactions
Am in the process of updating to 20237 but did notice that my 20196 did indeed show the temperature setting up top. I did do a master reset after the past two updates. maybe try that?

Update: temp also shows in 20237. GPS location looks good.
BTW, master reset is no big deal. Re-Pair my iPhone, reconnect wifi, reconnect Ford Pass. Good to go.
Not having the temps on my screen is no big for me...the hard buttons and display are right there.

Reactions
I can live without the temp display, it was just an easy way to reference the info without taking my eyes completely off the road. I'll look into 20237 after a few more reviews cone back.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Even via USB?

Yes. Tried it a few times. It refused to be updated.

But the USB did work for map updates. :unsure: