Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SuperForged Front BBK Available / Rear kit update

Reactions

Hi guys and gals. So, I have not been on this forum for a really long time (sorry!). I want to follow up with you guys about the SuperForged BBK. So here it is - the front SuperForged BBK kit is now available at LethalPerformance (https://www.lethalperformance.com/superforged-big-brake-kit-front-2020-2022-explorer-st.html. Details and specs for the front kit are on the Lethal site. The front kit retails for $3200 but could be lower depending on specials. There could be a deal or two so check with Lethal to see what’s available. I don’t have a say on their deals. If all goes well, the rear kit will be available individually in August along with a combined full front/rear kit at the same time. Pricing will be announced at that time. We’ll also be expanding where they’re being sold soon but Lethal is the first and we’re really grateful for that. You can also reach out to me personally to hop on a call if you want more information. Happy to do so.

I sometimes feel weird about self-promotion so I admittedly haven’t posted much about them or scanned the forum to see if it’s been discussed yet but I will look around more in the future. The road to get here has been long as I originally started this venture because I was so frustrated at the lack of options available for us regarding the ST - no rear hitch cover, not a lot of brake options, and literally no (at the time) off-the-shelf forged wheels that weren’t 6k customs. Like many early 2020 buyers, I was thrilled when Rotora jumped in early with Darin (as the Guinea pig) but that initial retail price was really high for me. BTW, it’s come down off of original retail if you ask the right people for a discount. That’s cool. Rotora is proven and are known for a good product. Then, when RB offered their Brembo options, many guys I spoke with were genuinely relieved that a Brembo solution could be had - and at a lower price than we could imagine! RB has a ton of wisdom that we can, and have, relied on. Unless I’m wrong, right now there are 3 known performance brake options (including SuperForged). I believe all of the options are excellent and I think the SuperForged option will prove to be a solid 6 piston choice too. I’m proud to say that a lot of time was spent iterating with a lot of knowledgeable, educated people to make sure these fit the ST, perform well, and are (especially) reliable and SAFE for your family. We spent a lot of time testing and beating up these things. To get deep for a moment, for me, safety means a system that allows me to be a Jekyll and Hyde in my ST - one minute I’m doing hard stops from hard pulls and another minute I’m taxiing the kids around to their activities. I think this could describe many of us so this was the primary mindset going into this - make sure they’re safe and reliable. Price was important too. The kit had to be as accessible as possible. Yeah it’s not cheap - it’s an investment for sure but I wanted to get to a price that I could actually see myself making that investment. I won’t go too far here but I want you guys to know this. Since this is the internet I’m sure someone will give me shit about price. I’m ready. Lol.

So, why only the front kit right now? Well, because the fronts work phenomenally well and so why wait any longer? Many of you guys know that the majority of your stopping power comes from the front anyway so a lot of guys are opting for a front upgrade only. As far as our rear BBK with the 4 piston + third caliper EPB - the reason I’m holding the rear kit back is because I want to finish durability testing on a new connector from the OEM EPB harness to the third caliper. The initial one wasn’t the correct fitment so I spent a ridiculous amount of time sourcing for a supplier that uses durable (not shitty/brittle) materials. We are pretty confident we got it right. Expect the rear kit to come out in August as we wrap up the necessary banging & testing on the new connector.

Almost a year in now, and just like our wheels, we’ve purposefully beaten these things up to see how they hold up. To date, there’s no performance issues - no fade, no pulsing, no warping, nothing adversely remarkable or any other performant issues to speak of. Let me know if you have any questions. I’ll check messages periodically. Specs are down below.

Thanks,

Bruce @ SuperForged
https://instagram.com/superforged
https://Facebook.com/superforged

DESCRIPTION & SPECS

Made exclusively for the Ford Explorer ST. Get serious braking power when you need it most and peace of mind when you don’t.. We spent a lot of time iterating with designers to make sure our kit could handle it’s business - especially for our tuned friends.

Our brake kits are specifically designed for the Ford Explorer ST and provide an immediate and noticeable upgrade in performance and style. It all starts with our massive 405mm two-piece floating/ventilated discs with drilled or slotted surfaces. The rotors are engineered to minimize fade and dissipate heat under the most extreme braking situations. The SuperForged SA60 6-piston mono block caliper is precision machined from lightweight aircraft quality billet aluminum and features heavy duty aluminum pistons mated to temperature resistant seals. This means dramatically increased braking performance that delivers steady, even and predictable force to the rotors. We also include braided stainless steel brake lines with a kevlar core to replace the OEM lines. When it comes to pads, we’re including a ceramic graphic pad that’s low noise, low dust and street ready. Lastly, our kit bolts directly onto the Explorer ST and is compatible with Ford’s OEM master cylinder, ABS and traction control systems - no modifications are required.

High Performance 6 Piston Front Calipers
SuperForge’s mono-block calipers are precision machined from aircraft quality billet aluminum and feature heavy duty aluminum pistons mated to temperature resistant seals. These high performance calipers utilize a lightweight forged construction while providing dramatically increased braking performance.

• One-piece Forged Aluminum Body made from Aerial 6082 Aluminum Alloy
• Caliper colors: Black Red Yellow Green Blue Silver
• Piston diameters: 38.1mm 31.8mm 28.6mm
• Length: 279mm
• Width: 165mm
• Height: 88mm
• Weight: 3.52kg per caliper

Ceramic-graphite Brake Pads
• Heat Resistant from 0 - 500 Celsius
• Friction Coefficient of 0.49
• Low dust

2-piece Ventilated Discs
• Massive 405 X 34mm rotors
• 2-piece ventilated rotors with curved ventilation vanes
• Fully floating rotors with anti-rattle system (removable and rebuildable)
• Rotor is made from FC30 cast high carbon iron with anti-corrosion coating
• Discs come in your choice of drilled, slotted, or drilled and slotted configurations
• Center hub (a.k.a. “the hat”) is 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum alloy
• Hats are anodized and are available in several colors
• Rotor plane bounce is <0.03mm

Caliper Mounting Adapters
• Specifically designed for the Ford Explorer ST!
• Adaptors for the Explorer ST are made from Aerial 6061 T6 Aluminum
• CNC construction

Stainless Steel Brake Lines
• Teflon coated line cores
• Braided stainless steel
• Protective weatherproof PVC shell
• DOT 5.1 brake fluid required (not supplied)

Installation
• Installation is approximately 4 hours
• Mechanical expertise or professional installation required
• Plan ahead for brake fluid. Our brake kits are designed to only use DOT 5.1 brake fluid. Note: DOT 5.1 Brake fluid is not supplied and we found it hard to find in our local region so plan ahead.

What's in the Box
• 2 SuperForged High-Performance Six-Piston Calipers
• 2-piece SuperForged Front Rotors
• 2 braided stainless steel brake lines
• Ceramic graphite brake pads (one set, for both calipers)
• Explorer ST mounting adapters
• Installation hardware
• 2 SuperForged High-Performance Six-Piston Calipers
• 2-piece SuperForged Front Rotors
• 2 braided stainless steel brake lines
• Ceramic-graphite brake pads (one set, for both calipers)
• Explorer ST mounting adapters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I just ordered the front & rear integrated parking brake kit and just wanted to say thanks for putting this kit option together for us. I think the only questions I would have is if a caliper fails how hard is it to get a replacement or re-build kit? Also what replacement pads can we use with the SuperForged BBK for the front and rears?