Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tinted ST pictures

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
Nevermind the 400hp, it's kind of odd only the Explorer looks like the manly version of an SUV (I'm not an arty guy, but there's Explorer aggressive, and everyone else.). The Kia, Hyundai, Chevy, are straight mom cars. The Explorer is the only potential villain out there. Nice rides.

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
H

How does it look at night? Thinking of doing this to mine but I had a truck previously and feel the SUV will be different.
I'm not sure how people drive in LV, but I went max legal (TX) on back windows, but left driver and passenger I think around 15%. So many people drive with no lights on at dusk, I can barely see shite with too much tint. In Vegas, I would probably tint the front window (more expensive than you expect.) I park in a garage for the foreseeable future, but the windshield was probably 30% of my tint cost for a 250, including the sunroof and all the other windows. It's seemingly worth it if you park outdoors and you face the sun, otherwise, it is just a pain in the ass to deal with your toll tags, etc.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Last edited:

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Matched front to back and 20% in windshield. Also tinted sunroof for heat rejection. Can’t tell the windshield is tinted at all and I’ve never had a problem in 30 years tinting the windshield. These days you get 95% heat rejection even with clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
H

How does it look at night? Thinking of doing this to mine but I had a truck previously and feel the SUV will be different.
My blind ass probably wouldn't be able to see out of it during the day let alone at night. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Silver Spruce Explorer ST
Matched front to back and 20% in windshield. Also tinted sunroof for heat rejection. Can’t tell the windshield is tinted at all and I’ve never had a problem in 30 years tinting the windshield. These days you get 95% heat rejection even with clear.

Looks good (there's really no bad angle on these rides), but from that photo, the front and back definitely do not match.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Looks good (there's really no bad angle on these rides), but from that photo, the front and back definitely do not match.
Yup. Had a choice on the fronts to go a tad darker or lighter than the rears. I went with a tad lighter in the hopes of avoiding a fine.