Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Tune

Anyone interested in tuning their ST as they become available?

• Maybe

• No

• HELL YES

Results are only viewable after voting.

roz0

Reactions
Once you get the device and read your vehicle, it will have all that info for them. You are getting ngauge right? X4 doesn’t work for most of our computer builds I believe.

Reactions
Once you get the device and read your vehicle, it will have all that info for them. You are getting ngauge right? X4 doesn’t work for most of our computer builds I believe.
Yes, the ngauge. Do you have your ngauge installed permanently somehow, or is it suctioned to the window?

roz0

Reactions
I just reprogrammed the car with it, i am not using it for any other purposes.

Reactions
I think the tune from JDM uses X4

Ljn21

Reactions
Welp, installed 5star 93 performance tune this morning....

Certainly feels like I'm driving a high performance vehicle now. It for sure adds the HP they claim (100+). The power feels so much more accessible at just about all times, the wheels actually spin sometimes now as well. The shifting is soo much better than stock, and while trying to accelerate after coasting, it downshifts much more intuitively than it did prior to the tune.

I even managed to lower my lifetime MPG by .4 after racing it around for about an hour :ROFLMAO:(750 miles).
Are you using the E50 tune? That is the tune that adds 100HP,/165 ft-lbs. The normal 93 performance tune looks like it adds 30HP / 110 ft-lbs.

I chose Torrie from Unleashed Tuning. He tunes via HP Tuners on a PC. We are working through revisions right now and getting pretty dialed in. He is patient, listened to what I am looking for upfront and is super responsive. I will get on a dyno once we get finalized and see what he is able to get out of the 3.0 EB. He does the revisions by sending him data logs after writing the tune to the car so its a little more personalized to the individual car than a canned tune that is sent to everyone. Very happy so far.

Reactions
I just reprogrammed the car with it, i am not using it for any other purposes.
Still liking the tune? Is this your daily driver?

Reactions
guys.. 5 star, livernois, jdm, unleashed? which one should i hire? drop some personal experiences if possible

Reactions
no input, huh..? guess this thread is dead.. this whole forum has been quiet.

Reactions
are you running a livernois tune? looking to order something tomorrow

FoRSe

Reactions
guys.. 5 star, livernois, jdm, unleashed? which one should i hire? drop some personal experiences if possible
Palm Beach Dyno looks like another good option to consider. No personal experience with him or the other 4 tuners you listed. My RS is Montune and Tune+ tuned, which both have a lot of experience with Ford EB engines but at this time neither of those companies are offering Explorer ST tuning.

Palm Beach Dyno - Explorer ST Tune

Reactions
i reached out to mountune earlier today.. they got back to me and said they’re not working on anything.. then i gave 5 star a ring and ordered their package.. i’ll report back here with impressions.. going straight to an e85 station to mix up some e50 as soon as i download my tunes..

Reactions
barnesy, did you get your tunes from 5 star? i’ve been waiting almost a week for my tunes.. to be fair, i received my ngauge and emailed my stock file on a saturday afternoon.. hopefully tomorrow will be the day

Reactions
e50 tune is good.. waiting to see if putting some miles on it makes it better.. i saw a peak boost of about 20psi on the ngauge.. definitely shifts better and behaves better at all speeds..

Reactions
i reached out to mountune earlier today.. they got back to me and said they’re not working on anything.. then i gave 5 star a ring and ordered their package.. i’ll report back here with impressions.. going straight to an e85 station to mix up some e50 as soon as i download my tunes..
I got a similar response back from Cobb. Not sure why they would pass up on tuning our cars.

Reactions
Just ordered a PALM BEACH DYNO tuner with suction cup. Hope to get it Tuesday. No other mods done to car.

Reactions
i ordered from 5 star.. very happy.. if i had a chance to do it over again, i would probably go with palm beach.. seems like they’re moving faster than other tuners with aftermarket parts to go along with tunes.. they’ll be releasing an intercooler soon and already have a high pressure fuel pump to run e85.. it’s not a big deal for me to pay extra for tunes from 5 star after i replace other parts that i didn’t buy directly from them, but it’s something to think about for anyone who hasn’t bought tunes yet