Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Tune

Anyone interested in tuning their ST as they become available?

• Maybe

• No

• HELL YES

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reactions
Whomever you choose, I highly recommend getting an HP Tuners MPVI2 instead of the ngauge. The Ngauge is very lack luster when it comes to data logging. It's great for flashing of the shelf tunes, but if you want something truly custom you want an MPVI2.

If anyone else is still looking, I have a sale going on yet just use code ReadyForSpring

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/product-page/zfg-racing-tune-mpvi2-standard

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Reactions
i ordered from 5 star.. very happy.. if i had a chance to do it over again, i would probably go with palm beach.. seems like they’re moving faster than other tuners with aftermarket parts to go along with tunes.. they’ll be releasing an intercooler soon and already have a high pressure fuel pump to run e85.. it’s not a big deal for me to pay extra for tunes from 5 star after i replace other parts that i didn’t buy directly from them, but it’s something to think about for anyone who hasn’t bought tunes yet
Just so we are clear PBD isn’t manufacturing these parts, they are just reselling them.

The IC is manufactured by Whipple, and and Pump by XDI. Several resellers can source both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Reactions
Kind of unrelated, but how does Draggy work? I guess I should go google it too...
Little really accurate GPS that connects via BT to app. Been proven to be within a 1/100th of Track times. Calculates DA, and is great for testing changes. Love it, especially during the past few months while Tracks have been closed.

Reactions
Is it this fast?

That was with just the tune? I don’t think mine is that fast. I need intercooler upgrade by Whipple
And fuel pump upgrade. Wow!!!

LokiWolf

Reactions
That was with just the tune? I don’t think mine is that fast. I need intercooler upgrade by Whipple
And fuel pump upgrade. Wow!!!
Yep, Stock E50 and ZFG Tuning. No fuel Pump upgrade needed for E50.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions

Wow. That’s amazing! I am just getting started with my ZFGRacing tune. I have all Mac computers so trying to find a windows one now. I just wish we had E85 in Germany. I’ll have to stick with a 93 tune for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions

What was your 0-60 time? I ran 5.38 bone stock so I am curious what the difference is.

Reactions
Wow. That’s amazing! I am just getting started with my ZFGRacing tune. I have all Mac computers so trying to find a windows one now. I just wish we had E85 in Germany. I’ll have to stick with a 93 tune for now.

Can you dual boot your mac? It really doesn't take much of a computer to run hp tuners lots of guys buy cheap windows tablets and leave them in the car.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Can you dual boot your mac? It really doesn't take much of a computer to run hp tuners lots of guys buy cheap windows tablets and leave them in the car.

Good idea. I think I found an old one around the house. I’ll try to get it running. Thanks.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions

I found a windows laptop. Downloading software now so hopefully you should have my stock file soon.

LokiWolf

Reactions
What was your 0-60 time? I ran 5.38 bone stock so I am curious what the difference is.

5.62 was my recorded Stock 0-60, but I hadn’t really figured out the best way to launch at that point. How are you measuring?

My best on E50 is 3.75, and my best on ZFG’s hot 93 Tune is 4.06.

You will be happy! Get a few revisions and Adam will get you dialed in.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
5.62 was my recorded Stock 0-60, but I hadn’t really figured out the best way to launch at that point. How are you measuring?

My best on E50 is 3.75, and my best on ZFG’s hot 93 Tune is 4.06.

You will be happy! Get a few revisions and Adam will get you dialed in.

Wow. Crazy times! I am using a dragy. I ran the car about five minutes, drove down the road, stopped, reset the dragy, held the brake until almost 2k RPMs then let go. I’m new to these so maybe I didn’t do it correctly. Felt good though. In the vehicle down downloading my stock data

Reactions
You guys should get a laugh out of this. This is how we do e 85 in toronto 7F1552DB-F685-4818-86F8-A4B0279F73AA.jpeg 1FD81A39-1FF9-4EFB-85E7-541EB1F176D5.jpeg

Reactions
I have a plan lol but the canada/US border is closed so this will have to make due till I can get to buffalo... it’s only an hour drive I can fill up a 100gallon transfer tank in my f350

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Is anyone scared of ripping out the rear end or driveshaft after the tunes. Just loaded the ZFGTune and wow! What a difference.

How do you start? Turn off traction control correct? What RPM do you launch at?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Is anyone scared of ripping out the rear end or driveshaft after the tunes. Just loaded the ZFGTune and wow! What a difference.

How do you start? Turn off traction control correct? What RPM do you launch at?

Sport mode, TC off, 3000 rpm and let it eat.