Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Accessories/Modifications

Reactions
How does that secure in the console? Will it be able to resist someone trying to open it? Those bolts look a bit like knuckle busters.
The bolts screw into the sides of the console to hold it in place. It fits in there tightly and it has to be forced in all the way before the bolts are put in. The bolts are raised by a boss and are screwed in all the way. I see what you mean about the bolts being knuckle busters but it hasn’t been a problem.

Reactions
The bolts screw into the sides of the console to hold it in place. It fits in there tightly and it has to be forced in all the way before the bolts are put in. The bolts are raised by a boss and are screwed in all the way. I see what you mean about the bolts being knuckle busters but it hasn’t been a problem.
For some reason I expected there to be a bolt on the bottom that went into the frame that's all. I still think I will still pick this up. Seems like a good place to store the wheel lock and my 911 when I can't take it with me.

Looks good!

My ST is Better!

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Ford window deflectors. ~$85. Nice now that warm weather is here. Allows you to crack the window open 2-3" in the rain. I think it looks good on an ST.
Those are pretty cool I like!! Could you please post the link?

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle specific locking safe and used my Ford Pass points. There are cutouts so the inside light still illuminates. It took less than five minutes to install.

View attachment 1565 View attachment 1566
I installed the console safe also. I went online and purchased some rubber/plastic caps to slip over the bolts so I don't scratch my hands or the items I put in the console.

Reactions
I installed the console safe also. I went online and purchased some rubber/plastic caps to slip over the bolts so I don't scratch my hands or the items I put in the console.
Good idea. I’m not sure why they didn’t just eliminate the standoff, use shorter bolts and screw them in flush to the sides. Probably because the bolts need to be self drilling and are the shortest available.

Reactions
Hi, I like this safe installation. I would be concerned with the bolt heads scratching items or my hands too. Why not switch them out for flat head screws after the drilling is done? Cheers.

Reactions
Hi, I like this safe installation. I would be concerned with the bolt heads scratching items or my hands too. Why not switch them out for flat head screws after the drilling is done? Cheers.
There are stand offs/bosses inside of the vault that are threaded and welded to the inside of the vault. That’s what you see in the picture and the head of the screw tightens down flush with the top of the boss. The hole goes all the way through the vault and when the screw is threaded through that boss, it hits the inside of the console and self drills itself through the console, threads into it and secures the vault. That boss limits how far the screw will thread into the console; otherwise it would come out the other side. All those screws do is hold it in place so it can’t be lifted out. The best option will be to put rubber caps over them, which I have and will do.

Last edited:
Reactions
You could cut off both bosses once you have the holes made using those self tapping screws and screw in a very short 1/4 or 3/8 inch screw and screw it down flush. The vault pushes down into the console space very tight and like I said earlier, those screws aren’t supporting anything, they just lock the vault into the space.

Reactions
OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #71
I park in the city sometimes. And I fear my sweet new ride will get bumped. So after some searching around, I've decided to go with these two additions. The reverse will be put on only when parallel parked; to save myself from busting my knees up.

And I got a tow strap, you never know.

Screenshot_20200806-154432.jpg
Screenshot_20200806-154358.jpg

Reactions
I park in the city sometimes. And I fear my sweet new ride will get bumped. So after some searching around, I've decided to go with these two additions. The reverse will be put on only when parallel parked; to save myself from busting my knees up.

View attachment 1629
View attachment 1630
Like it!

Reactions

View attachment 1629
View attachment 1630 can you please post where you got the front plate bumper Thingy?...thanks

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #75
Reactions
I had gotten the other one from their website, just make sure you get some anti theft license plate screws for it as well. Local pep boys or autozone. just know that hitch weighs about 15lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #77
I had gotten the other one from their website, just make sure you get some anti theft license plate screws for it as well. Local pep boys or autozone. just know that hitch weighs about 15lbs

Good idea!

I noticed the weight straight away. Damn, it's heavy.

Reactions
Good idea!

I noticed the weight straight away. Damn, it's heavy.
Yes sir! It’s a solid piece of metal!

Reactions
anyone get a cargo container for their roof rack yet? Looking to get one that would actually fit either an Expedition or my Explorer ST.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #80
anyone get a cargo container for their roof rack yet? Looking to get one that would actually fit either an Expedition or my Explorer ST.
I got this one because I didn't want to spend a lot & I didn't want to buy cross bars. Plus, I have the big sunroof / antenna to work around.

1597242842574.png