Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Accessories/Modifications

Reactions
I am wondering if I will be the one installing it, alone... might need to go with the bag.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #82
I am wondering if I will be the one installing it, alone... might need to go with the bag.
I have yet to use the bag. I'm planning on headed over to a friend's place to pick up their camping gear. I'll get a picture of it when it's fully loaded up.

UPDATE: After laying it out over the roof, it overlaps the glass by about 6 inches. But the no scratch mat (placed between the carrier and the roof) keeps it from being a problem.

Last edited:

Tervlab

Reactions
Ford window deflectors. ~$85. Nice now that warm weather is here. Allows you to crack the window open 2-3" in the rain. I think it looks good on an ST.
Nice window vents...they're from Ford? I saw on Ford parts site they were $109.99 Where did you get yours?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Nice window vents...they're from Ford? I saw on Ford parts site they were $109.99 Where did you get yours?
Your discount Ford parts dealers (there are several) have them for about $85. I happen to get mine from Levittown Ford with free shipping code ("fs2020"?). Alternatively, the Auto Ventshade 894090 window deflector is the exact same thing and sells for $65 plus shipping but has a small "AVS" logo on it. Or you can pay full price and just have your dealer get it with Ford Pass points.

hbalek

Reactions
I'm thinking about getting this:

Does anyone have this or any ideas about it? It would really give a nice splash of red to the all black interior.

Last edited:
OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #89
I'm thinking about getting this:

Does anyone have this or any ideas about it? It would really give a nice splash of red to the all black interior.
Got a link? Looks great!

Reactions
OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #92
Looks great! Ordered it at 3:00 am. Lol
I just did too. :rolleyes:

Damn you AMAZON. You win again.

My ST is Better!

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Just ordered mines too, those look slick!!

hbalek

Reactions
I just did too. :rolleyes:

Damn you AMAZON. You win again.
Okay you guys convinced me so I ordered it too! Can't wait til they arrive! Amazon here too although it is available from a few other sites but since we have an Amazon store nearby and returns there are so easy... I've been so good and have not ordered anything online during this entire pandemic! I had $26 in Amazon gift cards too so I only paid $11 for this.

Last edited:

My ST is Better!

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Okay you guys convinced me so I ordered it too! Can't wait til they arrive! Amazon here too although it is available from a few other sites but since we have an Amazon store nearby and returns there are so easy... I've been so good and have not ordered anything online during this entire pandemic! I had $26 in Amazon gift cards too so I only paid $11 for this.
You are very welcome, it was great twisting your arm!!

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #97
I have the red ones, they look great but are a little flimsy imo but work just like OE so far

Here's the link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082DKYXH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I should have watched your video until the VERY end.

I had two pieces left....glove box! They really did cover everything.

Did you take your original Ford pieces out or did you store them under the new ones?

Marc

Reactions

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Doesn't the double sided tape ruin the paint or trim on the car?
Nope! It sticks to the rubbery window/door trim. In fact, the problem is that really is not a good surface to stick to. I'd recommend thoroughly cleaning it before applying the window shade. Make sure you leave a little bit of a gap between the front and rear. When in the sun, the heat expansion made mine rub. I had to remove and replace one of the back window shades and applied new tape. The surface of the trim was not worse for the wear at all.

Marc

Reactions
Thanks! I really like the look of this!