Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Accessories/Modifications

Reactions
I should have watched your video until the VERY end.

I had two pieces left....glove box! They really did cover everything.

Did you take your original Ford pieces out or did you store them under the new ones?
I pulled the OE out and saved them.....just in case

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #103
I pulled the OE out and saved them.....just in case
Good. I did that too.

But I had one leftover. A figure 8, looks like a dual cup holder. I either can't find where it goes or it belongs to someone who bought the center console for the back seat. Any idea?

Reactions
Good. I did that too.

But I had a leftover. A figure 8, looks like a dual cup holder. I either can't find where it goes or it belongs to someone who bought the center console for the back seat. Any idea?
I had 2 pieces left over, the figure 8 like you and a piece that looks like it would fit in the sun glass holder but it's to big. I'm assuming it's a generic kit and may contain pieces for different sub models.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #105
I thought the same thing. But it actually does fit the sunglasses holder. You have to mold (wedge) it into place, starting from the back & fold it in. Now my sunglasses don't rattle around and drive me crazy!

It might also depend on the size of one's sunglasses too.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #106
I went to the amazon website to look around & found this pic. Where the hell is this?

1598021449780.png

It's obviously not the cup holders for the driver/passenger.

1598021694362.png

SpeedOften

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I went to the amazon website to look around & found this pic. Where the hell is this?

View attachment 1779

It's obviously not the cup holders for the driver/passenger.
Is that the cup holders for the second row?

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #108
Is that the cup holders for the second row?
1598024250896.png

Nope.

Left pic is the middle row & right pic is the front row.

But if you look at the inventory, the figure 8 is not shown. What is going on? Do they put that in to just mess with us?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #110
That looks like the arm rest/cup holder for the bench 2nd row
The picture I posted (on the left) shows the cup holders already have two individual circles for the 2nd row. You must be saying if you got a bench seating option. That explains it.

And there isn't a dual cup holder available for the 3rd row seating.

My ST is Better!

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Nope! It sticks to the rubbery window/door trim. In fact, the problem is that really is not a good surface to stick to. I'd recommend thoroughly cleaning it before applying the window shade. Make sure you leave a little bit of a gap between the front and rear. When in the sun, the heat expansion made mine rub. I had to remove and replace one of the back window shades and applied new tape. The surface of the trim was not worse for the wear at all.
Its funny you mentioned that, I just finished taking a dremel to mines because mines were rubbing due to heat expansion, but I have the low profile version.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/734433317

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Its funny you mentioned that, I just finished taking a dremel to mines because mines were rubbing due to heat expansion, but I have the low profile version.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/734433317
The AVS part is the exact same as the Ford part...just cheaper. Yeah, I thought about dremeling it but it wasn't too big of a pain to remove and replace with new tape.

My ST is Better!

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
The AVS part is the exact same as the Ford part...just cheaper. Yeah, I thought about dremeling it but it wasn't too big of a pain to remove and replace with new tape.
No they are not the same, the Ford deflector protrude further out than the AVS.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
No they are not the same, the Ford deflector protrude further out than the AVS.
The stock picture on the ford site is wrong. My Ford window shades look like the AVS shades and are made by the same company. A87880F1-4E6E-41D9-A9DF-CAF5F0BD0E3F.jpeg

Last edited:

SpeedOften

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
View attachment 1783

Nope.

Left pic is the middle row & right pic is the front row.

But if you look at the inventory, the figure 8 is not shown. What is going on? Do they put that in to just mess with us?
2nd row with the bench seat it is... checked mine...

hbalek

Reactions
I thought the same thing. But it actually does fit the sunglasses holder. You have to mold (wedge) it into place, starting from the back & fold it in. Now my sunglasses don't rattle around and drive me crazy!

You're right it does fit the sunglass holder but according to the online instructions it is intended for the storage space under the smaller 8 inch center infotainment display.

Reactions
I had 2 pieces left over, the figure 8 like you and a piece that looks like it would fit in the sun glass holder but it's to big. I'm assuming it's a generic kit and may contain pieces for different sub models.

It's actually for under the smaller Nav Screen (not the 10.1inch portrait style).
But I, too, put mine in the sunglasses holder.

MZEITLER

Reactions
Ford window deflectors. ~$85. Nice now that warm weather is here. Allows you to crack the window open 2-3" in the rain. I think it looks good on an ST.
Your side window reflectors look great but when i looked at Ford accesories they looked different than yours. Do you have the Ford part number?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Your side window reflectors look great but when i looked at Ford accesories they looked different than yours. Do you have the Ford part number?
Post #70 (on page 4?) of this thread has the correct link. Unfortunately, the website picture is wrong so people keep asking if that is the right one.