Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

So what's the consensus on floor lines..

Reactions
After a ton of comparison I ended up with the Ford OEM ones.

PRO's
-They fit perfect
-They cover 99% of what the floor consists of
-They aren't slick
CON's
-They seem to have a constant dust/dirt film to them

I just cleaned mine yesterday, but they have that same issue as you see in the trim on the car, if you rub it with a shoe it leaves that mark that you'll never get off without coating it with Armor-All or worse.
Which then defeats the non-slick feeling for a shiny look.

EDIT: If you look up at THWOPKING's pics you'll see that dirt mark issue I bring up on his as well where even though they were just recently cleaned as soon as even a clean shoe touches them, boom, brown marks.

OP
ThwopKing
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
I totally agree with you...I threw them on after work and those marks were just after walking through the shop. Even the wife asked why I got them dirty already lol. If I get tired of these I may look at some of these others people have motioned that I either never heard of or forgot about. I wont be getting the WeatherTechs.

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
I have a mix of OEM (1st and 2nd row) and weathertech (3rd and cargo). I have seen both husky and weathertech “curl” or warp.

I’m happy with the OEM and would recommend them so far, but honestly don’t know how they will hold up in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the same set up. I’m happy with the fit of the OEM liners. They're on the slippery side. I haven’t seen what winter will do to them. I’m hoping they’ll hold up well and clean up easily.

Reactions
SmartLiner fit perfectly had them in since February. Handles Minnesota mud,slush and snow easily. Have washed with some soap and water comes perfectly clean. Presently has Florida sand on them. $145 for 1st and 2nd row. I like them better then WeatherTech which I have used in my other vehicles. IMG_20210803_125150.jpg IMG_20210803_125150.jpg IMG_20210803_125135.jpg IMG_20210803_125206.jpg

Reactions
I went with tux mat. I have the WeatherTech ones & they are terrible I just put them over top of the tuxmat for extra protection. I will post some pictures very shortly so you can get a good comparison. The tuxmat blows these outta the water by far. Best protection I've ever seen in a mat.

Attachments

Reactions
Here are some pics of my tuxmat with the wt on top for extra protection . The tuxmat as you can see have way better coverage .

Attachments

OP
ThwopKing
Reactions
Thread Starter #27
Well the floor mats did their duty this past weekend....my 6yr old daughter got car sick and puked all over the place. the mats got 65% of it....about 20% into the rear enter console and the rest on her and the seat lol. Thank god for leather...curses to the inventor of perforated leather! lol

Kingcor

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I'm happy with my WeatherTechs in the 2nd and 3rd row. Not with the first. They seem to be warping already and not fit that great. 2nd and 3rd row fit perfectly. I'll be trying the Smartliners for the 1st row, they look to be a good price.
how do you like your smart liners for the front row? I am debating them now.

F=MA

Reactions
I only use the Weather Techs for the driver with no warpage issue. I just reused the WeatherTech cargo liner I had left over from my 2014 through 2019 Explorer Sports. Fits good enough.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
how do you like your smart liners for the front row? I am debating them now.
I actually haven't gotten the Smartliners yet. I still want to replace the WeatherTech up front, but they're ok for now. They haven't gotten any worse than the initial warp. 2nd and 3rd row are still perfect.

I wish I could find rubber mats that are as awesome as the factory ones in my wife's Range Rover. Soft, fit perfectly, clean up easy without the dust issue seen on the Ford rubber mats.