Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

So what's the consensus on floor lines..

Reactions
Are you folks liking Husky or WeatherTech? The last set of WeatherTechs I got for my 03 Tahoe I ended up throwing away the drivers side one as it never fit even close to right. But the ones for my 12 4Runner fit perfectly! Just trying to see what fits better before I order them.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Interestingly enough I’m dealing with this right now. My year old Weathertechs look like hell…the driver side is warped all to hell and nowhere near the quality of their other liners I have in other vehicles.
I asked around and everyone said either OEM or SmartLiner. I ordered the SmartLiners this morning since they were a little cheaper.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I just ordered the Ford ones when I ordered the Exploder. They fit as well as any I've seen on any vehicle. I have no idea how long they'll last but fitment won't be anyone's complaint.

Reactions
Weathertech mats aren't what they used to be quality-wise, but it's still my choice over husky. Don't have experience with smartliners

Reactions
I had the WT’s and they warped quite fast - surprisingly. So I went with OEM on all 3 rows. Good quality but still some slight warping (that’s to be expected). I will say that the coverage on the OEM is slightly better.

On the 3rd row mat, the WeatherTech mat is excellent - the OEM mat seems puny and has less coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I have a mix of OEM (1st and 2nd row) and weathertech (3rd and cargo). I have seen both husky and weathertech “curl” or warp.

I’m happy with the OEM and would recommend them so far, but honestly don’t know how they will hold up in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I bought weather tech but the OEM Ford came with. Compared both and stuck with the Ford. I have the weathertecs on a shelf for a spare.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'm happy with my WeatherTechs in the 2nd and 3rd row. Not with the first. They seem to be warping already and not fit that great. 2nd and 3rd row fit perfectly. I'll be trying the Smartliners for the 1st row, they look to be a good price.

F=MA

Reactions
I only use the Weather Techs for the driver with no warpage issue. I just reused the WeatherTech cargo liner I had left over from my 2014 through 2019 Explorer Sports. Fits good enough.

Last edited:
Reactions
Ive got the Husky Weatherbeaters, which are the cheaper of their two lines... and after I got them realized I meant to order the X-Act Contour ones.

The Weatherbeaters are like a molded plastic where as the X-Act Contour are a molded rubber... Much nicer mat that I have had in several other trucks.

Im not "unhappy" with the weatherbeaters, the fit and finish, protection, etc... is great, but I wish I had bought the rubber ones instead of the plastic ones...

Reactions
Shocked to hear weather tech issues, I have them in my Jeep and when I clean them they look like after years.

I have the OEM ones, only because the car "came" with them, but I have to say they have held up well and I'm pleased with them.

I had the opportunity to tour the Husky factory once, in a great small town and as American as it gets. Haven't tried their mats but I probably will in the future.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I have the OEM for 1st and 2nd row. Fit great and so far are holding up well. Went with the Smart Liner for the cargo mat and it fits great.

Reactions
I am a big fan of huskyliners. Used their warranty several times and it was free shipping both ways. That being said, i do have OEM in my ST and think they are pretty good. Decent enough not to replace with huskyliners. I had weathertech in the past and slipped on then when getting in a few times if they were really wet or had some ice/snow on them. That was like 10 years ago though.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I bought Weather Techs for the F-150 and was disappointed the finish didn't hold up. I'm down to smooth plastic on the driver's side in spots, and the bed liner lost its shine quickly.

OP
ThwopKing
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
Thanks for all the info folks. I will be looking into the Husky's but since I can get a discount on the OEM ones that may be the route to go!
I'm taking delivery here soon....like waiting for the truck now! lol so i'll see what it even comes with.

OP
ThwopKing
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
Ended up getting Ford ones... with my pricing they were at least 30 bucks cheaper than any other brand and only 2 days shipping.

220182206_342014740965392_8257935281415275724_n.jpg 221871595_1009973506442540_1524297515029545947_n.jpg 222503888_1386354791740594_7595233041940537800_n.jpg

Last edited:

mxkrgr

Reactions
The 3d maxpider has been my go-to for every vehicle. Classy enough for an M5, tough enough for the explorer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
ThwopKing
Reactions
Thread Starter #19
Sorry about the crappy pics... tried to make it better lol. But hmm I'll have to look into those... never even heard of them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Erick666

Reactions
I had TuxMats in my previous vehicle. Looked great, functioned great, and still look like new after 2.5 years. Liked them much better than the WeatherTechs I had experienced in the past. New ST came with the floor liners, so I'll just stick with these for now, but did verify the TuxMats are available, if I decide to upgrade.