Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Slick Top

TJST

Reactions
I prefer the slick top look of the Interceptors. Has anyone removed the roof rack from their ST? I’m curious if Ford offers a molding to go in place of the rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
From the previous gen, the removing is done from the top, you pop off the covers that run along the roof rails and access the screws from the top. You'll need to fill in the holes and then get the trim covers that's found on the Explorers that comes without the roof rails.

MF16683.png

TJST

Reactions
From the previous gen, the removing is done from the top, you pop off the covers that run along the roof rails and access the screws from the top. You'll need to fill in the holes and then get the trim covers that's found on the Explorers that comes without the roof rails.

View attachment 299

Thank you

TJST

Reactions
We have a local dealer that has a white one for sale that they painted the roof black.

Personally, I really like it, but my wife said no deal.
Eh....I could go either way with that. I guess it depends on the color.

TJST

Reactions
I spoke to a local emergency vehicle up fitter today. He’s pretty sure he can order the Interceptor molding from Ford. I’ll post pics if it gets done.

Reactions
Found a Youtube vid that helps with the removal, here's one but I will get factory full length trim covers.

Reactions
Part numbers please, but I'm going searching now. I'll never use those rails.
Part Number Part Name Price
LB5Z-7850462-AARoof Molding
LB5Z-7850463-AARoof Molding
$207.21 ea
Source: Levittown Ford Commercial Parts Sales ............ Benny is the contact.