Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Slick Top

Reactions
Oh that's you! Hahaha nice, thanks man!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
TJST

TJST

Reactions
Thread Starter #22
This is what the dealership is saying just for the rails. Do you also need all of the ancillary hardware too ? Or does the fitment for hardware match ??

Also I feel like I've seen these Parts for less online for $200-something... Any help/feedback/parts Hook-Up would be appreciated!

That sounds about right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Mine are going on this weekend. I’ll let y’all know just how sucky it is.

Reactions
That sounds about right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
@TJST That's the dealership price... These are the prices I paid from Sunrise Ford Parts.

Thank you @UNBROKEN for heads up - mine still haven't shipped yet, but I'm hoping soon enough. (Please post your experience with the install, you might be the handiest DIY'er on here...so the rest of us are F'ed )

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
All in all it wasn’t too bad. 4 hours start to finish and the first 2 hours was figuring out how to disassemble everything. I had no idea the headliner around the pano roof is held up with magnets. lol
After you get the headliner down it’s 4 10mm nuts per side and a couple of push in clips and pop it right off. The new ones only use 2 nuts and all the same attachments as the bars. We’ve all been ordering 4 pieces but only the 2 main pieces are needed. You’ll have to fill 3 unused holes with something...I used some butyl rope I had in the garage from an old headlight build. D2CA8DD7-2F0C-4E13-935B-B9E6EEB7184B.jpeg 8FA4D2A2-B14C-4751-A8A1-AEB86950EF01.jpeg 9DE1D766-05F4-467B-B095-AD2B5963AC15.jpeg 24B9A370-4026-47EC-B58D-DAD7356BDE44.jpeg D1B3A22F-B308-4162-8185-36B5A0286975.jpeg

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
you know... without the roof rails, the roofline looks way better. i wrapped my roof because i didn't like the lines, but without the rails, the lines are MUCH better. looks sharp man.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Just so everyone knows the according to Tasca parts and my local ford dealer the right side (passenger side) roof moulding is a discontinued part. But crazy enough you can still order all the other parts listed.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
How can that be possible if Ford sells Explorers without roof rails? I’m wondering if there is a different part number for the right side now. They could have made a change to that part. I was planning on removing the rails soon so hopefully there’s just a mix up here.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
How can that be possible if Ford sells Explorers without roof rails? I’m wondering if there is a different part number for the right side now. They could have made a change to that part. I was planning on removing the rails soon so hopefully there’s just a mix up here.
I thought the same. what if you were in an accident and that part needed to be replaced? when you just enter in 2020 or 2021 explorer in any trim and go to exterior roof trim in the parts catalog it shows the right side as discontinued.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If you look up the part number without the dash/hyphen, it comes up. Seems like Ford superseded to a 'no dashes in the part numbers' logic. I had no problem finding them once I did this tonight.

1663380070119.png

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
If you look up the part number without the dash/hyphen, it comes up. Seems like Ford superseded to a 'no dashes in the part numbers' logic. I had no problem finding them once I did this tonight.

View attachment 14333
I didn’t have the part numbers written down. I was just looking it up on Tascas website. For a 2021 Explorer st and even looked fir a 2020 st.
I will try these part numbers on their site tomorrow and see

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I didn’t have the part numbers written down. I was just looking it up on Tascas website. For a 2021 Explorer st and even looked fir a 2020 st.
I will try these part numbers on their site tomorrow and see
Just tried on Tasca and it still says "Discontinued" - I'll check with the local dealer in the AM and see what they tell me. Found a few online that show the part as available when searching without the dashes.

travish325

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Can you use the moulding that says w/o sunroof if you have a sunroof?

Reactions
Profile of the vehicle looks drastically nicer not having roof rails

Eh69758

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Alright before I hit the check out button. We just need the moldings not the retainers too.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Alright before I hit the check out button. We just need the moldings not the retainers too.
No, you need the retainers also.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Part numbers for all the parts are listed in the description of this video.
2020 - 2023 Ford Explorer headliner removal and roof rail delete install. #explorerst

Reactions
I would really like to get rid of my roof rack rails too. Are there any ST owners in Ontario interested in switching out their mouldings for rails.