Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Second row bench

Reactions
Anyone opt for the 2nd row bench? Like it/hate it? Odd the middle seat is fixed.

Reactions
I did. With 3 small children and a dog, I needed to be able to utilize the 3rd row fold down space when needed. I am a little disappointed the middle seat is fixed.

Reactions
I did. With 3 small children and a dog, I needed to be able to utilize the 3rd row fold down space when needed. I am a little disappointed the middle seat is fixed.
Can you post a picture for the middle? That's one option that I wish I had purchased.

BlueBeast

Reactions
Here is what the 2nd row bench looks like with the different options of middle down and what not.
1596C59C-3039-43B1-802B-D1586F2CBFC3.jpeg
55DD21F1-1125-4FB0-997F-722C4F8E2DB0.jpeg
19AC6B7F-F20D-4B9E-99FB-8AF6A14892D3.jpeg
5601FDBF-9657-4018-921A-B9ECC184229B.jpeg

Reactions
I was forced to get the bench by the wife, but it looks ok and adds a passenger. Trade off.

Reactions
Lol it was a trade off. Either a full captain limited or a full bench ST. Lol. No brainer!

SpeedOften

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I was forced to get the bench by the wife, but it looks ok and adds a passenger. Trade off.
Picking up our 2nd row benched ST on Friday. Bench was also a requirement of my wife.

LokiWolf

Reactions
With our dog, the bench was a requirement. He would NOT accept being separated from my daughter By the space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TooTall

Reactions
Bench was my requirement. With 5 kids, I wanted to be able to fit everyone so I could avoid driving the wife's minivan on Sunday excursions. Glad I did.
Ironically, getting the bench is what got the dealer to give me the price I needed to make it work. Not exactly sure why, but when things are working out like that I try not to get caught up in the "why"!

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Mine looks exactly like those above (same exterior color ...) :) One of the reasons we talked about getting an Explorer to replace our F-150 was the fact that in three years, we could have used the third row of seats far more times than we used the pickup bed!! And, we wanted to have the ability to carry 7, if need be. Most dealers around here do not seem to order the bench in an ST very so I was a little limited in exterior color choice. However, getting it was a no brainer ... and since we LOVE this exterior color, it worked out perfectly!!

(This may also have been driven by my wife's recollection of the time we took the F-150, put her cousins and their two kids (4 people) in the back seat and took off for a little drive! Since they were visiting from the Philippines, they were somewhat smaller in size than your average American, but it was still a bit crowded back there!! Now ... problem solved!)

Ken

Reactions
Went for a test drive recently and the dealer did not have any ST models with the 2nd row bench option. They said they could easily order one but they weren't sure if I'd lose the heated seat feature that the 2nd row captain's chairs have. Can someone with the bench confirm if getting the bench eliminates the heated seats? Thanks in advance for helping a future ST owner out!

Outside of the bench questions, I was blown away by how well this beast of an SUV handled. It doesn't feel as big as it is.

Reactions
I’d have to check to be sure but my rear climate controls have heated seat buttons.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Went for a test drive recently and the dealer did not have any ST models with the 2nd row bench option. They said they could easily order one but they weren't sure if I'd lose the heated seat feature that the 2nd row captain's chairs have. Can someone with the bench confirm if getting the bench eliminates the heated seats? Thanks in advance for helping a future ST owner out!

Outside of the bench questions, I was blown away by how well this beast of an SUV handled. It doesn't feel as big as it is.
My rear bench outside seats have heat. My Daughter loves it. Dealer obviously can’t read a build sheet.

Reactions
Confirmed this morning that the outer seats are heated, the bench center segment is not.

Reactions
Thank you both! Two out of three seats works for the kids.

TooTall

Reactions
My rear bench outside seats have heat. My Daughter loves it. Dealer obviously can’t read a build sheet.

No kidding! How does dealer not know something like that?!

emco

Reactions
Also: The outer seats slide back and forth; the center does not.