Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Second row bench

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
^^I don't believe there is any other option besides black leather.

Blackssr

Reactions
I was forced to get the bench by the wife, but it looks ok and adds a passenger. Trade off.
I wish I had the bench on the second row because I leave the third row down and have the cargo mat to allow transport of cargo easier. I looked at quite a few dealers in South Florida and none had the color combo I wanted with the second row bench in stock. Does anyone know how much that middle section would be to purchase from the dealer?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Yes

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I did, it cost just shy of $500 to do it when ordering.
No way... I didn't think this was possible. Mind detailing for us what was involved?

Side note, maybe we could either use this thread or the buy/sell to set up an exchange. I'm DEFINITELY in the market for swapping my second row captains for a bench with someone.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
It’s just when you build the vehicle it’s a $495 option. The captians seats are included. If you go to
Ford.com and build an ST it’s one of the interior options.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
oh. i thought you meant you were able to order it from the ford parts catalog and install yourself.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
This has to be an easy swap
i would love it if it turns out to be. i can't find anything though. been spending last week trying to figure out if this is possible.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
That doesn’t make sense to me, I don‘t believe your dealer.

tedro7

Reactions
Here is what the 2nd row bench looks like with the different options of middle down and what not.
View attachment 453
View attachment 452
View attachment 450
View attachment 449
Thanks for posting pictures of the pictures of the 2nd row bench seating. Can I ask a favor? Can you post a picture with all of the 2nd & 3rd row seats down. We have (3) Std Poodles and we need to see if it is workable before we order a ST. Thanks so much!

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Has anyone swapped the captains chairs for the bench? It’s it even possible? I regret not getting the bench now.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I'm certainly in favor of the bench seat as that's what I ordered. At the time it was a $495 option. I believe there is no difference in the option on new models. I have no doubt this can be done. This said, about the only way I can see doing this and it being cost-effective is if you were to find another owner that wanted Captain's Chairs and you could make a straight across trade.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The words "forced" & "wife" shouldn't be used in the same sentence... sorry!
Him and his Wife disagreed about getting the bench. So they compromised and got the bench.