Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Second row bench

TooTall

Reactions
One thing I’ve learned in all this - many dealership staff know nothing about their own product.
To steal a line from a great American band...sad but [so very] true!

Reactions
To steal a line from a great American band...sad but [so very] true!
Since the late 90's, whenever I've been interested in a particular car I've joined the online forums and local car meets to learn as much as I can before pulling the trigger for a car or mods. In my experience, the car enthusiast community always seems to be more informed than most sales people at dealerships. Recently I've been test driving to narrow down what my next car will be... two other companies (non-Ford) did not know any of the upcoming changes for 2021 which are already being built and ordered. The forums have had this information for weeks now.

TooTall

Reactions
Since the late 90's, whenever I've been interested in a particular car I've joined the online forums and local car meets to learn as much as I can before pulling the trigger for a car or mods. In my experience, the car enthusiast community always seems to be more informed than most sales people at dealerships. Recently I've been test driving to narrow down what my next car will be... two other companies (non-Ford) did not know any of the upcoming changes for 2021 which are already being built and ordered. The forums have had this information for weeks now.
Which cars?:unsure::)

Reactions
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and BMW X5 are the two where the Sales person did not know the information available online for the new models.

All very different vehicles that appeal to me for different reasons. Others like the Telluride (great vehicle overall) were considered but don't excite me, lack the performance and handling I want. Same with the Highlander which is the wife's car in the family already. I keep coming back to the ST. This forum has been invaluable in my research. I've been tracking this car since it launched last year. With all the possibilities to enhance/customize the ST model that have been popping up over the last few months my excitement is building.

Reactions
Any idea if you can fit 3 kids car seats all on the 2nd row bench?
Thanks!

LokiWolf

Reactions
Any idea if you can fit 3 kids car seats all on the 2nd row bench?
Thanks!
Only 2 according to the manual. Every car manual has this information. They are all available electronically for free. I just searched 2020 Explorer Manual...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Only 2 according to the manual. Every car manual has this information. They are all available electronically for free. I just searched 2020 Explorer Manual...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you for the tip! Didn’t think of that!

Jarvis

Reactions
Just picked up a 2020 Rapid Red last week. All is great so far except the outboard bench seats have two issues:
1) the latch on top requires a bit of force to pull up - and unlike to captain's chairs, this maneuver does not auto advance the seat forward - either the seat is just heavy or the track requires lubing?
2) when sitting on the outboard seats, moving forward is smooth but going backwards has increasing resistance til the end.
Appreciate if you've had similar experience as well as how to fix, unless just bring back to dealer.

Reactions
Couldn’t find a ST 2020 model with a bench second row within 250 miles in Iowa. Don’t care for the captain chairs since the center console sucks. Is it removable?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Funny, back in the day you would have paid more for rear buckets. Now its the opposite.

Reactions
I got the 2nd row bench specifically for a travel hammock for our dogs so camping gear can go in the rear.

Reactions
Couldn’t find a ST 2020 model with a bench second row within 250 miles in Iowa. Don’t care for the captain chairs since the center console sucks. Is it removable?
The closest 20 with bench seat was about 200 miles from me. The local dealer sold me a better equipped 21 for 2k more than other dealer wanted for the 20.

Reactions
Since I will be planning to Uber XL, I managed to grab the only one on the lot. I have yet to seat 3 adult humans on the bench, but they seem adequate for my purposes.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I have the 2nd bench seat also ( Wife requirement). The center part will fold down. There is a strap on top of the seat by the headrest you pull up and the seat unlocks and folds down. The outer seats are heated only.

Plumrdy

Reactions
I have a 2nd row Bench in our ST. I am looking to replace that seat with captain buckets Anyone do that yet?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I would swap my captains seat for a bench seat in a heartbeat
I did, it cost just shy of $500 to do it when ordering.